MERGED --> Bono at Rally in Philly + More Bono In Philly Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In case you all haven't seen this yet, we have a FULL transcript of Bono at the ONE rally in the U2 News section. Check it out! :wave:

e6e16291.jpg

8b1df795.jpg

1845e49d.jpg

36be0138.jpg

Aw, he's so :cute:

Is that tall guy the basketball player Headache wanted to see?

The woman in the above photos.

This woman's story brought tears to my eyes. She said she lost her husband to AIDS in 1991, then her 6 year old chid died cause she passsed the disease to the banby, and her teenage son has been missing since 1993. She also has AIDS. She is a nurse from Uganda. I can't remember her name. Her story is all too common of so many people who have HIV and can't get simple treatment cause they don't have the means or the money.

I was at this Rally. For me it was very moving cause I do vounteer work for AIDS. So I was glad to see something like this launched.

I do have aquestion. Did anyone on here stick around to meet BONO. He came out about 2 1/2-3 hours later. He was doing interviews. I ask cause I was one of the last people to get a photo with him. It was weird but so many people were taking photos when I was with him so I wonder if anyone got the photo. I was the girl wearing the NEW YORK -AIDS-WALK-ATHON -Vounteeer T-shirt( it was the same day in NYC and I came down after I finished the volunteer work I did that morning) with a Hello my name is badge and the ONE CAMPAIGN sticker.

It was weird cause I did not expect to see Bono this soon, so it was a nice surprise to talk to him again. I told him if it wasn't for people like him exposing the horroros of Aids and Poverty in the world, there wouldn't be as much help getting there as there is now. I told him it is a beautiful thing what he is doing. He thanked me.

I do think it is great because Bono has the Star Power to get people to listen. To get people to act and this is one of the reasons I love him as much as I do and for as long as I have. People like myslef don't have star power so people usually just yeah, yeah, whatever you-so I am proud when a celebrity actually does work for something instead of just lending their name.

so ,many people at this rally really moved me with their speeches. The NBA player from teh NY Knicks who said he gave 8million of his own money.I can't see alot of sports people doing that. The Nurse, The Rabbi, and preachers, Bono, etc. I was glad I was able to be part of it.

Peace and Love
Gail E.
support warchild.ca

Last edited:
okay, is it me or is bono actually looking younger? maybe its because hes lost weight, or because hes so happy with what hes doing. and his neck looks friggin scrumptious in those pics!:drool: :drool: yum!i i wish i could hear him in person talk about these things. it would be very inspiring. i just got done doing my last paper of highschool about all the things DATA are about. it was a nice way to end the year and i would probably not have done it if i hadnt been inspired by bono to be interested in africa. hes an angel. an absolute wonderful guy.

ultraviolet221 said:
The woman in the above photos.

This woman's story brought tears to my eyes. She said she lost her husband to AIDS in 1991, then her 6 year old chid died cause she passsed the disease to the banby, and her teenage son has been missing since 1993. She also has AIDS. She is a nurse from Uganda. I can't remember her name. Her story is all too common of so many people who have HIV and can't get simple treatment cause they don't have the means or the money.

I was at this Rally. For me it was very moving cause I do vounteer work for AIDS. So I was glad to see something like this launched.

I do have aquestion. Did anyone on here stick around to meet BONO. He came out about 2 1/2-3 hours later. He was doing interviews. I ask cause I was one of the last people to get a photo with him. It was weird but so many people were taking photos when I was with him so I wonder if anyone got the photo. I was the girl wearing the NEW YORK -AIDS-WALK-ATHON -Vounteeer T-shirt( it was the same day in NYC and I came down after I finished the volunteer work I did that morning) with a Hello my name is badge and the ONE CAMPAIGN sticker.

It was weird cause I did not expect to see Bono this soon, so it was a nice surprise to talk to him again. I told him if it wasn't for people like him exposing the horroros of Aids and Poverty in the world, there wouldn't be as much help getting there as there is now. I told him it is a beautiful thing what he is doing. He thanked me.

I do think it is great because Bono has the Star Power to get people to listen. To get people to act and this is one of the reasons I love him as much as I do and for as long as I have. People like myslef don't have star power so people usually just yeah, yeah, whatever you-so I am proud when a celebrity actually does work for something instead of just lending their name.

so ,many people at this rally really moved me with their speeches. The NBA player from teh NY Knicks who said he gave 8million of his own money.I can't see alot of sports people doing that. The Nurse, The Rabbi, and preachers, Bono, etc. I was glad I was able to be part of it.

Peace and Love
Gail E.
support warchild.ca

it was amazing- 1,000 people showed up to the event, many were people who heard and saw, and walked in- so that means even more people a part of this cause. i did stay and meet bono- probably saw you :)

Back
Top Bottom