MERGED ----> Bono at Charity Polo Match in Ireland + Tana per Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
last unicorn said:
I think Bono really started to gain more weight after the tour ended in early 2006. Until then, during the tour, he had also gained weight, but it became more obvious during the 2006 break, especially with these summer pictures (and other pictures from that time from the South of France). When asked about it during the last tour leg in Australia he said that he had begun to exercise again, and it looks like he has lost some weight since, but he's still quite ... how to say ... compact. But I'm confident that if he really tries, does the right workout and takes care of what he's eating he can be in form again soon. He always gains weight between tours and has lost/gained weight a lot over the years and he doesn't look like he's much into sports. Just like me, I can't stand sports.

What most people either don't know or forget is that Bono threw his back out badly right when they were finishing HTDAAB. He actually recorded some vocals lying on his back because he wouldn't go to the doctor until they were done. Because of this he was unable to box or run like he usually does to keep in shape. He lost some weight just from the strain of touring but was unable to really get toned until around the final leg when he was finally able to exercise proplerly again. That why he said in that Australian interview that he had just started to exercise again. That is also why he wasn't generally running multiple laps of the stage like he had on Elevation. There were a few interviews I remember seeing where you could see him being very careful in how he sat down or got up and was being careful not to twist his body too much when moving around.

Dana

Oh yes, his back. Darn, I'd forgotten....unfortunate that it's still affecting him. Somewhere he said that along with a new "revitaliazed" voice, his dad, in passing, "gave" him his bad back. LOL...not?:eyebrow:

And that comment about apple pie, honest to God I can't remember. It's either from Flanagan's book, or a an interview from Musician or Rolling Stone from that era. I remember that pic too, (it was the one that almost made me be "unfaithful" to Edge at the time..if you get what I mean!:) but the apple pie quote MIGHt have been from '87.

Hey, if you're really want to know, I can look it up....

Yes, the back, I know, I just didn't want to bring it up. Bono has had problems with his back for years, but it seems to have worsened around 2004/2005. I didn't know that about the recording, though, sounds very bad. :| I hope he's better now. I just read in several articles and interviews that there was a time during tour that he could not move properly and had to get injections. Since he stated in late 2006 that he is recovering from the injury and is starting to exercise again I'm confident it's getting better. But he has to take care. There are sports you can and you cannot do when you have had a back injury. I know so many people who have that. But there are also good things you can do that really help, like Pilates. With Bono's lifestyle, it's no wonder he has problems with his back, and it's logical he's gained weight when he stopped to exercise, because he simply has that tendency.

Hey, if you're really want to know, I can look it up....

Hell, if you think you've got an idea where it is, that'd be good... but if you really don't know where to start, no need to bother. :) Just interested in reading some more interviews from around that time.

Bono_Julian_Ron_sep2007.jpg

bonocomet said:

Like we didn't already know it, but wow, Bono is such a handsome man.

I have to say, I totally agree with you! :drool: One of the loveliest photos of Bono I've seen in a long while!! :drool: Thanks Teenie! :bow:

Back
Top Bottom