MERGED --> Bono and Christy Turlington in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least we have a "new" Bono picture. I was wondering where in the world he is and what he is doing. He's been off the radar for too long. Been having Bono withdrawals these past few days, it's good to see him- and without glasses:drool: :drool:

Does he look a bit like Bill Murray in that pic or am i nuts??

bonohero said:
I was simply agreeing that it doesn't seem like they are holding hands. It looks like the angle made it look like they were. I know Ali is secure, and that's why I think she's a cool chick. I don't really care whether or not he was holding Christy's hand...I was just giving my opinion.

If this is due to my post then I apologize if you thought I was talking to you. I used the quick reply without quote thinking people would understand that I was not responding to one particular post but just the thread in general.

Dana

blm said:
At least we have a "new" Bono picture. I was wondering where in the world he is and what he is doing. He's been off the radar for too long. Been having Bono withdrawals these past few days, it's good to see him- and without glasses:drool: :drool:

Does he look a bit like Bill Murray in that pic or am i nuts??

:madwife: That's as bad as the Robin Williams comparison!!!

:giggle:

andromeda said:
I really wish Bono would stop giving tabloids and Bono-haters a reason to gossip and bag him. I know Ali is secure and confident and I am sure Christy and Bono are nothing more than close friends - but dont give tabloids a reason to gossip wouldnt it hurt his family?

Besides - have you seen christy's hubby?? WOW :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: : drool: Sorry, i love Bono but Ed is

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Well, as reported earlier in this thread Bono asked Ali if he should avoid being seen with Christy for this reason and she told him that was ridiculous so it obviously is not hurting his family. The tabloids will make a big deal about anything and as someone else commented if Bono lived his life avoiding things that might end up in the tabloids it would be like giving up his freedom. Which I might add he has already refused to do. He had a taste of the during the JT tour where he could barely leave his hotel room and they worked very hard to break out of that.

Dana

Gluey -- I know!!!! SORRY, it just popped into my head.

Would REALLY like to see our man out on the town with Ali, i love to see those two together:sexywink:

gluey said:
Flossymay I can see where you're coming from, however I also understand YDW's point of view too.

I've been married 12 years. My hubby and I have a deep trust. I have lots of close male friends and vice versa. Neither of us see hand-holding, hugging, kissing (as in friend kissing, not tongue :giggle: ) etc as inappropriate when with those close friends. It certainly doesn't mean we're about to have an affair! Nor would we want to! Neither of us are jealous people, and love each other completely. :shrug: Different strokes for different folks. Neither is wrong, it's just whatever is most comfortable for you.

I also don't think it's appropriate for anybody to speculate on the state of B's marriage/relationship either. Obviously that magazine didn't have anything more interesting to write about, so it had to resort to wondering if there was more to B holding hands with a friend....:tsk:

Grain of salt :yes: Most definitely.

:wave: Hi Gluey. You know you got a major point there that I never considered: Imagine the fuss in the media world if they got some dirt on the B even if it was pure 'speculation'. Can you imagine how good it'd be for their sales? I know that it's not everyone who cares or even thinks about U2 like we do but you gotta admit that there'd be quite a few 'indifferent' folk out there who would be interested in any scandel especially as Bono has been married for so long and has 4 kids.

Yea, verily I say unto ye; the media would absolutely love it. So perhaps we should look out for more of these 'suspicious' pix.

For me, they're simply out together, what we might not see is Ali/Christys better half out of shot.

And for the record: SO WHAT IF HE'S SHORT!!! Ack, that so pisses me off! :angry:

Oh my God, ridiculous story (tabloied style, couldn't care less), but wonderful photos (especially Bono with out glasses, I LOVE it, he looks so cute and natural). And they are SO holding hands, if you ask me, and I am glad they do, I love it. This is Bono's way to show affection and it has nothing to do with being married or anything. I am glad that he doesn't seem to care about narrow-minded people who think that you can not hold hands with a person you like. I love to hold hands with people I like, it gives me comfort. I don't see anything wrong with it, more the opposite, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to see that.

When we saw him in Germany, he was holding hands with Bob Geldof. Are they having an affair as well? I thought that was very sweet.

One thing I love about him is that he has something fatherly about him and at the same time something child-like.

And as for Bono being short: We all know it by now, of course it becomes even more obvious when he's in the presence of a supermodel à la Christy. BTW, she's very pretty.

nozomi said:
Gosh, Christy Turlington, is she an ice skater? Isn't Christy past 80's or what?

Not to be an annoyance, but who is she?

that you don't know her doesn't mean that you should start being rude...
Christy turlington is quite a famous model, and been a friend of Bono and Ali for a long while...

but, but, :sad: does this mean I'm bad because I hug my male friends all the time?

I would so love to hold hands with Bono. It gives me such a warm and comfy feeling to think about that. :heart: He is always so affectionate with his friends.

The only thing I thought when I saw this was:

:bono: + walking + talking + eating = suit disaster!!!

And I don't see the rosary. :(

Bono Mot said:
The only thing I thought when I saw this was:

:bono: + walking + talking + eating = suit disaster!!!

And I don't see the rosary. :(

:rolleyes: VERY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

LOL - I am relieved he wasn't driving her around in his car:laugh:

unico said:
i don't think much of this article. but it does make me wish i were one of Bono's friends! :giggle:

I've been thinking the same thing!
d054.gif

:wink:

bonohero said:
It appears as though Bono and Christy are holding hands, but I really do think that it is the angle that makes that illusion. Why would Bono hold her hand? She's married. He's married...to one of the most beautiful women in the world, no less. Bono would never jeopardize his relationship with Ali, nor would he mess up his friendship with Christy. They knew that paparazzi were watching...they always are. I don't believe they are holding hands. They are simply enjoying each other's company...in public.
:yes: I bet you they aren't holding hands either...it's totally the angle of the shot and even if they were it was probably just for a split second. Maybe she was handing him something?
Who knows? This is just crazy speculation on nothing.

I think they are holding hands, which they have done before on different occasions, and I don't see anything wrong with that. It's something that I totally see Bono doing, it's one way for him to show his affection for people. He's always hugging and touching people, men, women, everyone.

They have been great friends for so long. Everything else is speculation and tabloid talk. If people have dirty minds, they can see something suspicious in everything. I think it's ridiculous.

rihannsu said:

Well, as reported earlier in this thread Bono asked Ali if he should avoid being seen with Christy for this reason and she told him that was ridiculous so it obviously is not hurting his family. The tabloids will make a big deal about anything and as someone else commented if Bono lived his life avoiding things that might end up in the tabloids it would be like giving up his freedom.

...not to mention if he *did* try to avoid doing stuff that would end up in the tabloids, they would just make it all up anyway!

The best tactic for a celebrity is to ignore these things...:wink:

Oh c'mon.. Bono ROLLS AROUND ON THE FLOOR with other woman :lol: I'm sure a little hand holding with an old friend won't ruffle Ali's feathers :giggle:

I don't want to dwell on these pictures, but I just want to point out that in all but one picture, Christy is not looking at him. He seems to be looking at her in two of the pics, while she looks at something else. Did anyone else notice that?

I would LOVE to be Bono's friend, as others have said. It must be such a honor to have him on your side. He's the best. I absolutely love that man!

bonohero said:
I don't want to dwell on these pictures, but I just want to point out that in all but one picture, Christy is not looking at him. He seems to be looking at her in two of the pics, while she looks at something else. Did anyone else notice that?

even if he did, so what?

I seriously don't see the problem that some of you have with him holding hands with her.... he has rolled around onstage with melpop and moaned in the mic when she kissed his neck for god's sake.... what's the problem in holding hands with a friend you've known for over 15 years???

Indeed who cares? We all know they are good friends and that it goes a long way back.

So why care if they are spotted holding hands? I bet neither bono's wife or her husband cares.

Hmmm...wow I didn't really realize how old fashioned I was untill I read this thread. I think its a little weird, but I guess everyone's different. I don't think I would want my husband to hold another girls hand...no matter who it was. Funny thing is my husbands wrestles hugs his best friend from college all the time and it doesn't bother me in the least. Oh well!

:scratch: Why don't we turn this into something interesting and post pics of Bono holding hands, hugging, kissing anyone other than Ali or his bandmates??
wolf_gavb3.jpg

bonohero said:
It appears as though Bono and Christy are holding hands, but I really do think that it is the angle that makes that illusion. Why would Bono hold her hand? She's married. He's married...to one of the most beautiful women in the world, no less. Bono would never jeopardize his relationship with Ali, nor would he mess up his friendship with Christy. They knew that paparazzi were watching...they always are. I don't believe they are holding hands. They are simply enjoying each other's company...in public.

I totally agree, it's the way their hands were swinging and it just looks like they were holding hands.......please, if they were having an affair would they hold hands on the streets of Paris???

Back
Top Bottom