MERGED ----> Anyone interested in helping out for the African Well fund please read..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to help some people get a well. Unfortunately, I'm the most disorganized person on the planet.:scream: :scream: :censored: Please help with this endeavor!

u2sangel~

I moved the first thread you started about this to Don't Expect, Suggest, as you wanted all people (including mods) to read it. I figured it would be better spotted there. After you started another thread here, I just left it...but please keep all info about this in this one thread. Otherwise, I will just merge them with this one!

I went on to the DATA site to see if there was any information on wells there but all their links were down. I'll send them an e-mail to find out if they can offer any advice on where we could send money to fund water projects in Africa. If I get a response, I'll post it here and maybe in one of Sherry's old AngelAlerts.

Also, if anyone is interested, as the US seems to be on the brink of war with Iraq, now would be a really great time to write Pres. Bush, Secretaries Powell, O'Neill and Rice, and members of Congress to ask them not to forget about debt reduction or aid to Africa during the conflict with Iraq.

I went to the DATA site and everything was working. They've made a few slight changes, so they had to knock a few servers out of commission for a few hours. That opening video is about water! Geez, I might do something with my sig or something.... attention-getting. Yeah, I just might use my sig if I can come up with something eye-catching. Let me (try to) think, I've got a blasted awful fever and I'm zonked.:scream: :scream: :censored:

Dpes anyone have the email address for Data?

I am trying to contact the people at Data and I keep getting an error on page message for the email address!Anyone know what the address is per chance?There is a great story on Bono in Africa there too people!Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated!

I went to the DATA site and clicked on "contact us". Is that what you're trying to get? They're going to have a contact later on this year according to the message I got when I went to the site. They don't have one yet. They're working hard getting everything organized but there's alot to do! A couple of months or so ago I heard that Bobby Shriver was in Washington and they were hiring staff. A friend of mine wished she could quit her job and go work there but she can't leave town. Neither can I.
Damn. :banghead: :banghead: :censored:

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.datadata.org/contactus.htm?1034617232060

"Contacting DATA

DATA has established an office in London and will open its headquarters in Washington DC in late 2002.

For answers to general questions about DATA, you can email info@datadata.org.

To get on DATA's email action list and to tell us how you think we can get out the word in your community about the crisis in Africa, please email ideas@datadata.org.

For press enquiries, please email press@datadata.org."

I clicked that URL and got an error message. Is there a typo in the URL there or is Yahoo up to some of its dirty tricks again??:scream: :scream: :censored:

Well..I got to the page ok and tried to sign up but I never had such a frustrating time signing up for anything...every screen name I tried to use was taken and even when I used their suggestons it would pop up and say 'that was taken!!...then it decided it didn't like my password. :mad:

I'll try again later..

dream wanderer

I wrote to DATA over the weekend about where and how we can make donations for a well project and this is the response I got this morning...

Thanks for your message and generous offer of donation. On our website there is a link to the Global Fund for AIDS TB or Malaria, also on the links page you will find details for your local Jubilee organisation as well as many other campaigning groups who would be thrilled to receive a donation. DATA is currently unable to accept donations.

Not really any direct info on the water, but still a couple of great organizations to support.

Back
Top Bottom