Merged ----> *ALL* Bono On OPRAH Threads Are HERE (PICS as well)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scarletwine said:
He was so nervous, I'm in love again, more, still.

I know.......................he looked scared.
I'm kinda looking at him differently now........
it's not bad..........but it's less of a "sex" thing and more of a "saint" thing.

Somebody Help Me!

I realized around 2 that I didn't get NBC on my DirectTV, so I couldn't watch Oprah... But I went to my sisters house and tried to tape it on her downstairs tv... Apparently though, either myself or my brother-in-law hit a wrong button, because even though I WATCHED Oprah... I taped an hour of Baywatch... :barf:

Is there ANYONE who taped it that is willing to make me a copy and send it to me? I'm willing to pay!!

Pwease Pwease Pwease, with chocolate Bono's on top?!

:sad: :scream: :banghead:

Last edited:
I just watched the show (they showed it an hour later here, dammit......it was worth the wait, of course!). I don't see how anyone can watch that and not want to do something about the situation in Africa. Definitely a "saint" thing rather than a "sex" thing. Very cool.:heart: :heart: :love: :angel: :kiss:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
it's less of a "sex" thing and more of a "saint" thing.

I feel that way too. He didn't look very sexy, it was like he was someone other than that hot rock star I drool over, he was this official guy, or a saintly guy instead. But his bubbly personality showed through, in his smile and his eyes. I loved it when she told him ten million people were watching, which makes most people stop and freeze, but he looked right into the camera, pointed to his chest with his thumb and said "Bono" and everyone laughed. Like, hey it's me, remember my name!

I watched it this afternoon, but I'm finally getting to posting.

*major Bono fuzzies*

Very awesome. I think he did a great interview (despite being nervous! how cute!) Really awesome. And nice montage by the Oprah people. Though, I don't think they had to add the thing about his parent's dying, but I guess Oprah really plays to emotional appeal. Anyway it was a great show!!!

Oprah's show sure has a lot of commercial breaks.

i think it's more like 20 million people , but of course Oprah would know more than me.

I am just blown away by the whole episode.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wonderful Show, Wonderful Man

Bono was, in a word, magnificent. He is so brilliant and his views are so heartfelt...I think he did a terrific job of explaining the urgent situation in Africa. Oprah looked like she was extremely impressed with him, and why not...intelligence and caring and charisma and extreme good looks = one beautiful man, inside and out.

It is not possible for me to be more infatuated with Bono, or prouder of him, than I am at the moment.

*major Bono fuzzies*:love: :heart: :bono: :heart:

I'm Like The Merging Bitch Now, Aren't I???? *lol* ;)

Savannah said:

Bonochick please don't merge until everyone sees this thanks! It's only a half hour show!

OXYGEN NETWORK ON CABLE!

All right, I'll leave it for now and just merge it in tomorrow so that this can catch people's eyes. :)

Scarletwine said:
He is soooo awesome. I had to watch the tape (without the freaking commercials) before I could leave the tv. Next -Oxygen at 7:30 for the after show Q&A. Can't wait for the more informal atmosphere. He was so nervous, I'm in love again, more, still.

did any one tape the Q&A that is willing to make me a copy?? I will pay or trade. PLEASE! I do not have this network.

brkngrrl

did anyone tape this who is willing to send me a copy. PLEASE! I do not have this network. I will pay or trade for it.

brkngrrl

I've got a tape with Bono week:
1. Electrical Storm
2. Oprah
3. After Oprah

I had planned on having MTV diary on there also but they delayed the @#$%^&* thing again.

I'd love to send it to someone or trade. I'd like to put the diary thing on also.

e-mail me if your interested.

Yes, yes...he was brilliant...He has to be one of the most beautiful, compassionate, generous, loving, people in this world.

And to people who thought he was just in it all to promote himself and U2...IN YOUR FACES! I know none of those people are around here, but, well...yeah. so there.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Wow. I just watched it three times in a row. UNBELIEVABLE.

It was just so amazing. I can't even try to think of something to say about it that you all thinking already.

You know....side note and on a VERY cheesy level...

Aren't you guys all so proud to be U2 fans right now?? I mean, seriously. Don't you feel sometimes like a better person when you are able to say that you are a CRAZED fan of such an important band....important musically, yes. But important historically, politcally, and socially? Wow.

OK, group hug...
:hug:

Lets get shirts made that say, "Proud to be a U2 fan".

OK, maybe that last bit was too much but you know what I'm saying, right?

:heart:

This was my face during the entire show....

:D

Now that I have finished my cheeze whiz statements of the night.

DID ANYONE ELSE THINK THAT THE WAY HE SAID 'MALL' WAS RIDICULOUSLY ADORABLE?

I feel bad posting that in this thread. Maybe we should start a new one that is entirely focused on the superficial aspects of the Oprahthon.

:laugh: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom