Maybe a complete waste of time....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rivergoat

War Child
...but I love a challenge and fixing those pics of Bono and Bob reminded me of some pictures I had seen on here that were slathered in watermarks. I wondered if I could clean them up and make them look good... I searched for non-watermarked posts of them but did not find any. So I just did two of them. Here's the orginals, posted by kellyahern:
BonoEno1orig.jpg
BonoEno2orig.jpg

Here's my final product on them:
BonoEno1.jpg
BonoEno2.jpg

I fudged the backgrounds on both of them, but I didn't think anyone would really care. If anyone has these pictures without the watermarks, I am not sure I want to know!

goat

BonoFox1 said:
These are great!..I have them with the watermarks, I wish I knew how to clean up pics/remove watermarks....Is it hard?
Thank RG!

Hmmm... well, here's a 4X magnification of one of those pictures before I worked on it...

Closer.jpg

A picture with just one watermark across the middle usually takes 20-30 minutes to do. The first one of that pair took me several hours, because I was so dissatisfied with the way things were going (I'm a perfectionist, y'know!) The second one took about 45 minutes - I had figured out some tricks, so it was much easier. Even so, I was often fixing just one pixel at a time. And, like I said, I fudged the background a bit to make it easier on myself (look to the left of Bono's head in both pictures and you'll see what I mean.) But I really didn't think anyone was going to be paying attention to the background anyways.

Some technical notes (if you REALLY want to know - else just skip this paragraph): I used Micrographix Picture Publisher, and mostly used the cloning tool (sometimes I would just partially clone (increase the transparency) to change the tint rather than the color of a pixel or section). I did most of the work at 4X magnification, but the really tough parts (eyes, THAT DAMN EAR!) I did at 8X magnification. I also sometimes used the smooth (blur) function (not full strength) to make a small area more consistent (not so 'bubbly) looking. I even cloned the hair from the first picture into the second picture (some of the darker parts anyways). And after losing 20 minutes worth of work when the program hung up, I started saved frequently!

It's late, I'm going to bed - y'all take care.

goat

You're letting that 'genius' commented go to your head aren't you?

Nah, just kidding. Good work, my friend!

Guess I really screwed up!

I killed the links to the finished pictures after receiving a thoughtful warning from an Interferencer about dewatermarking and copyright infringement. As I told that person, I really had no idea that that was an issue. I don't frequent this part of Interference, and I just got into a picture-fixing mood and made no mental difference between watermarks and other picture 'noise.' I apologize to anyone who might have gotten a bit nervous because of my overt flaunting of the finished product. It won't happen again.

much love

goat

rivergoat said:

I fudged the backgrounds on both of them, but I didn't think anyone would really care. If anyone has these pictures without the watermarks, I am not sure I want to know!

goat

Okay, I won't tell.

Aw, poor rivergoat. :hug: Look at it this way, if you learned some tricks it wasn't wasted time, it was... practice. Yeah, you were educating yourself. :yes:

completely irrelevent, but I would love to have known what the hell Bono was talking about when those photos were taken!

Back
Top Bottom