Marriage is for U2, Adam - says Susi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Sunday Independent - Sunday, April 9th

IT'S OFFICIAL. Adam Clayton has found what he's looking for. The U2 bassist has just got engaged to long-term girlfriend Susi Smith.

The dapper musician and the Canadian beauty announced their engagement to friends at a private party recently. My Deep Throat at the soiree told me that everyone was sworn to secrecy on pain of immediate exile. Well, there you go . . .

Adam and Susi looked more in love than usual when I saw them in January at the launch of a new fragrance by the Missoni fashion label in the Italian ambassador's stately residence in Grosvenor Square, London. I now know why.

The Oxfordshire-born Clayton has been of course the most colourful member of the world's biggest band for years. I love the entertaining but entirely apocryphal story about how at the time of his arrest for possession of marijuana, the guards found him sitting serenely stoned in the boot of his car up in the mountains. Though rock n' roll fairytale, it does show that Clayton is widely regarded as the epitome of cool. Cooler still, Adam was engaged to supermodel Naomi Campbell in 1993.

Naturally, Adam is older and wiser and sober-er (he hasn't touched a drink since he missed a U2 show in Australia on November 26, 1993 - a consequence of his break-up with Naomi, some say.) Indeed Susi and Adam are the ultimate zen couple. They were on holiday in Malaysia when the tragic tsunami hit the countries off the coast of the Indian Ocean.

Well well, I thought Adam was destined to remain the only bachelor in U2. (rumours on Larry's status vary)

:up: Good for them!

Last edited:
im in denial:tsk: it is a sunday tabloid and i dont like suzie smith much ill belive it when adam says it

Last edited:
well i supose if its true ok ill clap :applaud: but im not to happy about it:grumpy: congratulations adam

Back
Top Bottom