Marriage is for U2, Adam - says Susi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: ITS OFFICIAL

Galeongirl said:
ITS NOT A RUMOUR!!!!!

From u2.com
Congratulations!

We can confirm the rumour that Adam Clayton is engaged to Canadian girlfriend, Susie Smith. The couple, who have been together for 10 years, are due to marry next year.

All of us at U2.Com wish Adam and Susie all the best for the future!

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1927

whoa! 10 yrs?? :shocked:

Wow, that many people really didn't know how long they've been together? They've been together since Popmart :yes:

They don't believe in rushing things do they?! 10 years together and then waiting until next year to marry, but all the best to them. I did love Adam being the single one, just made him sound cool but hey, cool does not keep you warm at night!

I wonder will they go on to have kids? I think Adam would make a great dad.

Ten years and no one knew this until this year? They have been good with their privacy. Good for them they're going to get married, maybe they can have kid too.

One love as U2's Adam to marry long-time girlfriend

U2 bassist Adam Clayton has popped the question to his long-time girlfriend.

Adam - who was also famously engaged to supermodel Naomi Campbell - will marry Canadian Susie Smith, his girlfriend of ten years, in a ceremony next year.

It is believed the couple announced their engagement to close friends at a private party recently.

But the news was made official last night on the U2 website, where all of U2's major announcements are made.

It read: "Congratulations! We can confirm the rumour that Adam Clayton is engaged to Canadian girlfriend, Susie Smith. The couple, who have been together for 10 years, are due to marry next year. All of us at U2.Com wish Adam and Susie all the best for the future!"

Susie used to work for Principle Management, where she was a personal assistant to U2 manager Paul McGuinness. She now works for record company EMI where she is part of their senior global marketing team.

Clayton was engaged to fiery model Naomi Campbell but they broke up in 1993.

Renowned for his "rock 'n' roll lifestyle", Adam was well-known for his fondness for the drink and drugs.

In the early days, he and manager Paul McGuinness were frequently allies, referring to Bono, Larry and the Edge as the "born agains".

373878.jpg

:applaud:
I'm so happy for them! May they have a long happy marriage!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Susie used to work for Principle Management, where she was a personal assistant to U2 manager Paul McGuinness. She now works for record company EMI where she is part of their senior global marketing team.

well hello hello
that is cool. i never knew what to make of her (as i knew nothing of her) but i like that. She obviously has brains, is powerfull/ energetic and such :up:

Well, Susie is finally making an honest man out of our Silver Fox. Congratulations to the both of them. I wonder where they'll be registered? Target? Bed, Bath, and Beyond? Let's get those crazy kids a blender.

How old is Suzie anyway? I mean, I hope she's not too old to have kids without there being a chance of a problem, if ya get my drift...

But I am SO HAPPY for them!!!

And what is this with U2 soulmates? Edge and Morleigh, Larry and Ann, now Adam and Suzie...the pairs all look alike...(awww)....

Back
Top Bottom