Man, I feel like a woman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
So, two questions for you ladies.

1. Do you think, as fans of a male band, and a notably hot one at that, we connect to or appreciate the band in a way male fans can't?

2. Which songs make you the most glad to be a female fan? Which songs in general make you glad to be a woman listening to her rock'n'roll?

3. To any gents who venture in, feel free to sound off.
smile.gif

My Song Choices

U2-- One, Wild Horses, and mostly forever amen Mysterious Ways. That song is an ODE to the sexiness of women.
smile.gif

Springsteen-- She's the One, Thunder Road

Okay, back to work.

SD

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Sherry, I love your title for this thread!

I would have to say If you Wear That Velvet Dress...mmmmmmmm

And speaking of Springsteen, how about I'm on Fire? I remember that live, when the Boss dunked his hair in some water, cause he was so sweaty, and, uh, yep, back to work for me too!!!!

No doubt about it, Mysterious Ways!

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:

1. Do you think, as fans of a male band, and a notably hot one at that, we connect to or appreciate the band in a way male fans can't?

2. Which songs make you the most glad to be a female fan? Which songs in general make you glad to be a woman listening to her rock'n'roll?

3. To any gents who venture in, feel free to sound off.
smile.gif

My Song Choices

U2-- One, Wild Horses, and mostly forever amen Mysterious Ways. That song is an ODE to the sexiness of women.
smile.gif

Springsteen-- She's the One, Thunder Road

Okay, back to work.

SD

1. Sure, we'll see something in the men of rock that male fans will never see (just as men will see something in Annie Lennox, Debbie Harry and Chrissie Hynde that femal fans will necer see).

2. To name everything would be impossible ... here are a few
* A Different Kind of Blue, Angel of Harlem , Acrobat, All I Want is You, Always, Babyface, Bad, Big Girls Are Best, Salome, Dancing Barefoot, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, Two Hearts Beat as One, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Everlasting Love, Whos' Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Grace, Hallelujah (Here She Comes), Heartland, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, If God Will Send His Angels, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, In a Little While, I've Got You Under My Skin, Kite, Love is Blindness, Mothers of the Disappeared, Mysterious Ways, Slow Dancing,
Stay (Faraway, So Close!), So Cruel, Spanish Eyes, Sweetest Thing, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Trip Through Your Wires, Two Hearts Beat as One, Ultraviolet (Light My Way), Wild Honey, With or Without You by U2
* Sylvia Plath by Ryan Adams
* Maria Bartiromo by Joey Ramone
* Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen
* She's Always a Woman and She's Got a Way by Billy Joel
* Crash into Me by DMB
* Vision of Paradise and Goddess in the Doorway by Mick Jagger

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 05-13-2002).]

great topic sd!
smile.gif

1) imo as females we have a different perspective on the band than male fans do... we can appreciate the band on 2 levels (first the most important)the music and the men behind the music (you know, adam is hot, edgie is hot, bono&larry are sexy...that kind of stuff).
2) 2 hearts,WOWY, MW, IYWTVD, YBR, DYLF, TGBHF the list could go on and on...
biggrin.gif

non u2 songs: sweet surrender, crash into me, she's every woman, sweet soul sister, fire woman, ray of light, etc... i know there are more songs, i just cant thinkof any!
biggrin.gif
well, back to the books!

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

I feel really weird right now, because I don't think I feel differently about any of the songs because I'm a girl. They don't do many love songs, and I just can't think of any song I could choose. I like them, guys like them, it just doesn't reach me that way. But I never was your typical girl.

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 05-13-2002).]

Well, for me I'd have to say ALL, because I've yet to hear a U2 or Springsteen song that degrades women in any way, shape, or form. But maybe I'm just incredibly biased
biggrin.gif

That's one main reason I love both so much.

well, i think the answer is a definate YES, but I don't think that means we can connect MORE or are bigger fans, if ya know why I mean. It's more about respect.

------------------
"I retain the right to act like a hormonal teenager because i am one!!!" ~~~ Laura

AIM: Rattle n Hum 02

peace out \\//

I'm with Lies on this one - I think we appreciate a side of the band that male fans don't, but I don't think that makes us bigger fans or whatever. At least for me personally, when it comes right down to it, my love for said band has nothing to do gender (tis just an added bonus
biggrin.gif
).

------------------
"Well, it could have been an artichoke, but we wanted a more practical fruit." -Larry

AIM: LightMyWay02

i'm with my fellow grand rapids people above...i first loved their music, then their personalities, then...well...y'know...

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

*sings loudly*
"AND I KNOW IT ACHES, AND YOUR CAR IT BREAKS, YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH...DRIVE ON"

"Here we are in our 40 ft. lemon. F*@k off!" - Bono

I agree with ya Laura and I'm not even from Grand Rapids
biggrin.gif

I appreciate the fact that Bono's lyrics are always so respectful of women, that he seems to put women on a pedestral, as Ali once told him. It's so rare in music nowadays...

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Well, for me I'd have to say ALL, because I've yet to hear a U2 or Springsteen song that degrades women in any way, shape, or form. But maybe I'm just incredibly biased
biggrin.gif

That's one main reason I love both so much.

Yeah Gina this is why I too think that we can appreciate the songs in a different way than guys can.. as we can appreciate the men behind the songs as being very special. This is a quality in U2 that... if it were not there.. I know for a fact I would not be a fan the way I am.

Songs: the biggest difference HAS to be Mysterious Ways. Noooo question. At shows I witness women just going OFF during this tune, just loving it and feeling SO sexy... yeah, MW. Rock on girls.

------------------
She comes in colors you know she's gonna turn the daylight on

*Happy Birthday Bono*

I think that what Melissa (lady lemonade) said is very true, his lyrics are more respectful toward women. I think that is what we respond to.

It's not "OOOO woman you are sexy, let's get it on," like you hear so often in music today.

But then again the band does have a completey different attitude regrading women than most other famous musicians do.

Oh yeah to answer part 2 of your question:
Mysterious Ways, Even Better than the Real Thing, The Sweetest Thing, Elevation, If you Wear That Velvet Dress, Do You Feel Loved, those are all the ones I can think of now.

------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

Well I think that they make music that reaches beyond gender,age and race.....

but if I was a girl I would definetely be a Bono girl.....

And I think all songs like MW,WOWY,Velvet Dress are in a way made for men because if it turns you girls on we men will benefit from it if you get my drift!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Originally posted by daisybean:
I Oh yeah to answer part 2 of your question:
Mysterious Ways, Even Better than the Real Thing, The Sweetest Thing, Elevation, If you Wear That Velvet Dress, Do You Feel Loved, those are all the ones I can think of now.

I forgot to answer part 2 of the question but you basically answered it for me Daisy!
I would have to add Your Blue Room, So Cruel, Horses, Luminous Times and Ground Beneath Her Feet to that list.

I think that what also sets U2 apart from the other big macho rock bands is that they're not affraid of being romantics,to use poetry an to get in touch with their feminineside which makes them all the more sexy
biggrin.gif

Oh, and there's all these ruffly shirts that Bono loves to wear and Adam's sarong of course
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom