making your own t-shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Question for all the ladies who've printed t-shirts before: can the transfer image include white? I know you can buy special paper than goes through a regular color printer and then can be ironed onto a blank t-shirt, and I also know that printers don't print white, they simply omit color asuming the paper is white. I've got a solid black t-shirt I want to print the ONE/Africa logo on which has black, white, and red. Is this possible?

It worked pretty well! I kinda messed up Madagascar b/c one of the edges folded under, and part of the DATA logo on the sleeve got burnt b/c there was a crease underneath. I might do it again and try to get it perfect and sell this one to my little sis.

ONEshirt.bmp

DATAsleeve.bmp

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
It worked pretty well! I kinda messed up Madagascar b/c one of the edges folded under, and part of the DATA logo on the sleeve got burnt b/c there was a crease underneath. I might do it again and try to get it perfect and sell this one to my little sis.

ONEshirt.bmp

DATAsleeve.bmp

Looks awesome! :up:

hippy said:
ooo very nice! :D ... so how did you get the white in there?

Laura told me to get the dark transfer paper from Office Max....so I did. The transfer itself is white. I cut out the Africa, but for the ONE and DATA logos, I printed it w/ a black rectangle b/c I didn't want to cut all that out.

I'm thinking when I make my good one, I should put www.one.org or www.data.org on the back....

I've noticed the dark transfer paper lasts longer than the other stuff, too.
Well, at least the stuff I buy.

Reason # 8 billion to lose weight: I can no longer fit into any of the snazzy U2 shirts I made.

well, you cant get clear, which is best for coloured/black shirts or white which basically has a white background.
so depends on what coloured shirt you're putting it on.

i think whitebacks cheaper too...
i did a zooropa t a while ago. its starting to peel off now. :|

hippy said:
I'll probably be putting it on a pastel colored shirt (hopefully a pastel blue)

So you all would recommend dark transfer paper?

If you get the clear kind all the white in your picture will end up pastel blue on your shirt. Also... well, at least with the stuff I buy, I saved the backing for the paper and I put it over the picture on the shirt and iron it after every wash to keep it from peeling off.

the dark transfer paper is opaque white, so white will be white
I recommend the dark stuff, though I think it costs a little more, but in my experience it's a little more durable.

though sometimes using the clear stuff on a colored shirt can end up looking pretty cool

gosh, I wish I knew how to make tshirts.

I failed miserable at tie dyeing and I can't even draw on a shirt properly without messing up. :(

congrats to your shirt though LivLuv, your shirt looks great! :)

youtooellen said:
gosh, I wish I knew how to make tshirts.

I failed miserable at tie dyeing and I can't even draw on a shirt properly without messing up. :(

congrats to your shirt though LivLuv, your shirt looks great! :)
its easy peasy!

get an image and instead of using normal paper, print it on the iron on paper.

make sure its a high quality print tho. :D

iron on a voilla! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom