Make up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
Yes, they do wear makeup. Compare a picture of Bono during an Elevation show with one of the black and white Time photos. You can see all of his freckles and sun spots but when he's on stage, you can't see them, even in close-up shots. Most musicians wear some stage makeup.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Yes, they do wear makeup. Compare a picture of Bono during an Elevation show with one of the black and white Time photos. You can see all of his freckles and sun spots but when he's on stage, you can't see them, even in close-up shots. Most musicians wear some stage makeup.

Hmm.... I thought you had to wear make up for photo shoots. But I see what you mean and that you are right. Have to check it up a little bit more though, gotta love those freckles.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Hmm.... I thought you had to wear make up for photo shoots. But I see what you mean and that you are right. Have to check it up a little bit more though, gotta love those freckles.
biggrin.gif

I don't know why, but sometimes Bono goes for the natural look in his photos, especially the real close-up shots. I love it and think he should do it more often. Sometimes he looks really pale and kinda pasty when he's made up for a photo shoot. He's kind of a rugged, manly looking man and that's the way he should look all the time!

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I don't know why, but sometimes Bono goes for the natural look in his photos, especially the real close-up shots. I love it and think he should do it more often. Sometimes he looks really pale and kinda pasty when he's made up for a photo shoot. He's kind of a rugged, manly looking man and that's the way he should look all the time!

You are so right about this!! Actually this is why I came up with the question. In another thread it was one close up shot and then a close up concert shot and he looked so much smoother in the skin and almost younger on the concert photo so that's where the idea came from.

My favourite group of shots of him is those in Details magazine from oct/nov something. They are gorgeous! As you said, they are very manly.

A thought just crossed my mind. Do they wear any make up while onstage? Concert I mean. MacPhisto is an exception, ok, we all know he's wearing make up.
biggrin.gif

I guess not but you never know....
smile.gif

Hmmm good question, I wouldn't think so. Not to pick or anything but Bono sweats alot on stage. I think it would get all runny and he'd look like that clown from It.

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Bonobono is a gentle boy

Don't hold it against them girls but they most certainly do! I can't tell you how many stories I've read online from local newspapers of towns where they played where some lady tells her story and brags about being asked to do U2's hair and MAKEUP. The lady in Miami was asked for by the band again, and she was so flattered. So, yes, they DO wear makeup. Of course, not in the same way KISS, Marilyn Manson or Poison do. It's more like what actors would wear for a movie.

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 02-27-2002).]

Aaah, I love freckles. FRECKLES FRECKLES THUD THUD!!

Sara, remember when we were talking about this after the gig? He looked so fit when they started and then all his wrinkles came out and everything. I think he DOES wear make up. Dunno about the others, Adam goes for the natural look, that's fer sure!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom