MacPhisto Society: Rants & Raves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok fellow Phistos, maybe it's just me, and if so this thread will be slippy, but many times during Mackies Parties I have wanted to comment on the storyline, or congratulate Bluey, Bona, Echo, ClumseyJulie, and all the others who have contributed to these awesome events but, I didn't want to interupt the flow of the story, so I didn't. But I think the girls could use some encouragement, after all of the entertainment, suspense, and extremely well-mixed martini's they have provided us with. So I am officially opening the rant and rave thread...show your support...or express your feelings about where the storyline is going...whatever...talk about the weather...just do it with style in one hand and a martini in the other!

MacFishto
icon16.gif

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz, we hear he is a wiz of a wiz if ever a wiz there was, if ever-oh-wehver a wiz there was the Wizard of Oz is one because, BECAUSE, because, because, BECAUSE...Because of the wonderful things he does!

[This message has been edited by FishNeedsABicycle (edited 11-06-2001).]

Good theme for a thread, Fishto.

I'm in great suspense with the awesome story Bona and Bluey are writing.

To tell the truth, I want Bluey to forgive Mac and leave The Fly for me
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace
whose sounds caress my ear...*

YES! i have been wanting to congradulate Phisto writers on their fah~bulous work as well, but also did not want to interrupt the flow of the story and did not know where else to post my praises! good job gals!!
smile.gif

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

OMG!
You guys!
I was just about to throw in the towel and say...ahhh, no one else is reading the damn thing. Wow! HUGS...you guys are so nice, and Fishy you seem to know when I need a bit of a kick in the arse.
As for Macphisto...I have an idea of what will happen, but you will all have to wait and see
smile.gif
*Evil Laugh*.
Thanks SO much for reading it! I'm thrilled and giddy! Woooooooooooo! GiddY!
[By the way...people following the thread might get a kick out of this - My birthday is Thursday so tommorow night my friends are taking me out to a very swanky lounge to ...and I quote "sit around on couches and drink martinis all night". LOL! How perfect. Please keep the feedback coming (the nice stuff anyway...just kidding)]
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Bluey

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

Hey FDJ,
I just realized I never asked if you minded that I called you Clumsey Julie? It started when I was telling a friend to read something you posted when you were just a baby on this forum, and I was like..."Look for ClumseyJulie or something like that" If you hate that, I will stop, but I just thought I'd ask...
smile.gif

Fishy <><

Bluey...Bona...PLEASE don't give up! These parties are better than Days of Our Lives! Could you imagine..."Like Olives in the Martini Glass...these are the Nights of Our Lives" Heehee.

Fishy <><

[This message has been edited by FishNeedsABicycle (edited 11-06-2001).]

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
Hey FDJ,
I just realized I never asked if you minded that I called you Clumsey Julie? It started when I was telling a friend to read something you posted when you were just a baby on this forum, and I was like..."Look for ClumseyJulie or something like that" If you hate that, I will stop, but I just thought I'd ask...
smile.gif

Fishy <><

lol! no, no! it's fine. i like it. i think it's funni and cute that you call me that~
smile.gif
feel free!

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

Bluey!

You and Bona are doing great with the story, keep the surprises coming!
smile.gif

*hugs to the McPhisto society*
biggrin.gif

PS: Have a blast tomorrow and come back thursday. Also don't forget to write another ephisode *smooches*

------------------

Yaaaaaahhhh! Great idea Fishy! I always am checking that damn thread to see if anything has been added! Bluey, Bona, Julie, Echo...you all rock! I love reading it! Heh, I wanted to post in the middle of it too, but I didn't want ta impose. PLEASE KEEP IT UP!!! Oh and can I just say, that I freakin' love The Fly in this story? He is sooo sexay! Nice job gals!
Echo- where the hell are you?! Finish!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

woo hoo!

RAVE: LOVE THE WHOLE THING!!! The story line, the players, the scenarios, and all the wonderful mental pictures the stories create in my head!
wink.gif

RANT: I can't keep up!! I would love to join in but I haven't the a) time; or b) patience to put in my two cents worth. Waah.

Here's my questions: how do you write the stuff, how do you come up with it all?? Do you just write it 'off the cuff', or put some thought and preparation into it, write it in Word first and then cut and paste or whatever???

I guess I'm just amazed!
biggrin.gif
YAY! to all the Phisto's!!!

Disco Phisto...left in the dust

Hey Disco! Since we seem to play better support staff to the festivities, maybe you and I could organize a webspace to archive all of the parties and such...no pressure, we could just update it when we have the time, and I would be willing to do all of the HTML and such...you could provide the pictures, and you are an excellent person to bounce ideas off of! Ahhh...(flashbacks to the shirts that will never be)
smile.gif
What do yah think gal? Mackie needs a webpage! Afterall, what self-respecting devil doesn't have one these days?
smile.gif
Heehee, I'm so stupid...

Junk in the Trunk Fishy <><

Whoa Bona...short but sweet! I have to say I didn't see that one coming! Just when I think I've got you girls figured out, you go and pull something like this!

That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh, I like it...uh-huh uh-huh

It's Phisto-Mart: Watch-Out for Falling Spirits!

Fishy <><

Hey great idea, Fishy!
smile.gif
I think Interference keeps all the stuff in archives but it def. would be easier to just "click and get it." Unfort. I don't really have my own website in which to poste all these lovely stories and bits of humor, I just have my Websites albums...do you have a website? And how would we develop it - cut/paste the text into Word? Download them into a text file? Just paste the link?
confused.gif

Hmmm...so after being an Admin Asst. for 20 years...I guess I can see why I tend to fall into the support roles!
biggrin.gif

Hey Disco! Since we seem to play better support staff to the festivities, maybe you and I could organize a webspace to archive all of the parties and such...no pressure, we could just update it when we have the time, and I would be willing to do all of the HTML and such...you could provide the pictures, and you are an excellent person to bounce ideas off of! Ahhh...(flashbacks to the shirts that will never be)
smile.gif
What do yah think gal? Mackie needs a webpage! Afterall, what self-respecting devil doesn't have one these days?
smile.gif
Heehee, I'm so stupid...

Junk in the Trunk Fishy <><

Fishy, you didn't see what coming? Thanks guys for all your support. It's been a blast writing this and to be honest I just write it on the cuff... off the top of my head. Which is why it sometimes takes me like, 2 hours to finish a reply to that thread...

And Bluey... DON'T throw in the towel!!!! This is way too much fun. But to be honest, this is one of those situations where I hope the guys don't read this forum and see it, and get offended... *gulp* And I'd love to see a webpage dedicated to all this...
smile.gif

Thanks girls!!! (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Hey Bona,
When I posted that reply last night you had just posted your new update to the party so I didn't want to spoil it for those who had not read it, but I think by now, it's ok. I was referring to Bono falling...I thought that may happen eventually, but only in the distant future...you gals rock!

Fishy <><

Wow, this thread is the bestest birthday present ever! Wooo!
Like Bona, I too write just off the cuff. Often I sit down and start typing without knowing what the Hell I'm going to type. I like to do that because then I get to be surprised by my plot twists too. LOL.
I am SO glad that you girls are reading this...you should SEE the smile on my face right now.
HUGS!
-Bluey
p.s. Maybe when I post my halloween pics, I will put some up of me being a phisto on a couch tonight, we'll see. Hugs again!

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

Oh my gosh, I just saw the thread where Bluey and Bona exchanged email addresses...you mean you guys have been doing this whole thing without conversing behind the scenes? Amazing...the stories play off of eachother so well I thought for sure you were in cohorts behind the scenes! Way to go ladies! Anyway, in other news...I have been tossing website ideas around all day, and I have a few ideas, but I want to know what you ladies think...brainstorm and get back to me about suggestions you may have. I think this would be a fun thing to do in my spare time, and anyone who would like to contribute is MORE than welcome! For instance, my contributions would be in the layout and artowrk on the site, but as far as literary stuff goes, I have no freakin talent, Echo you seem to have a witty ability to turn a phrase, so maybe you could help with naming the sections, blurbs about each, ect. Disco is hands down the Queen O' Pictures, so she could supply the eye candy, and obviously the literary goddesses would provide the meat of the site. I think the most important thing is for the site to have an ultra-cool name...so what are your suggestions?

I was thinking "Angel in A Devils Shoes" but like I said, I am no good at this kind of thing, so if anyone has suggestions...please?

I can't start building the site until we name it, becasue I want to use the title in the URL.

Thanks!
Fishy <><

P.S. Take that Fly! Bluey loves Mac!!! I wonder what Bluey will remember when she recovers from her stupor!(I love what you guys have done with the Fly in this story, but I'm still pulling for Mac in all of this)
icon16.gif

I agree. Thanks you lot for keeping me well entertained when I have had a dull day. Keep those stories coming
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by UV2001 (edited 11-07-2001).]

but as far as literary stuff goes, I have no freakin talent, Echo you seem to have a witty ability to turn a phrase, so maybe you could help with naming the sections, blurbs about each, ect.

Well, like I said earlier, what i was going to do was take the raw material from the Mac threads, which all read like a script, and 'novelize' them so they flow better, and are easier to read. I know a lot of people skip the Mac threads 'cause they really are hard to follow, even if you're one of the ones writing it!

The downside to my personal process of putting them in story form is ,

1) I (purely in the interest of art!) edit a lot of stuff out. For example, sometimes a person will post once or twice but then decide they don't want to commit themselves and they drop out, so I just edit out their posts, which keeps the story down to one plot (i.e. what Blue and Bona are doing) and one sub-plot (i.e. what Julie and myself are doing).

2) I often alter things that the original writer may not approve of. I never change the way a character is portrayed or the chain of events, but sometimes I feel dialogue is superfluous, or the constant changing of rooms is confusing, so I condense it. On the other hand, I may feel a description isn't complete enough, so I'll expand on it.

I hope that wasn't too convoluted of an explanation. Anyway, if you guys think what I'm doing is a good idea and aren't upset by my tinkering with your work, I'll be happy to contribute. If not, I'll see what else I can come up with.

-Echo

------------------
"Master, I am in great distress! The sprits I have conjured up I now cannot get rid of!" -Goethe

"Are you implying that I'm an internet slut?" -Bono

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation! http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 11-07-2001).]

Echo I am so glad you are willing to take on the task of "Novelizing" the posts, As long as Bluey and Bona get to review the final product and make changes where they see fit, I think that would be a great way to present them on the site. Bluey? Bona? What do you girls think?

Fishy <><

P.S. Maybe I missed it, but where did you mention before that you wanted to do this?
smile.gif

Echo I am so glad you are willing to take on the task of "Novelizing" the posts, As long as Bluey and Bona get to review the final product and make changes where they see fit, I think that would be a great way to present them on the site. Bluey? Bona? What do you girls think?

Fishy <><

P.S. Maybe I missed it, but where did you mention before that you wanted to do this?
smile.gif

I'd of course never post anything w/o the approval of all the other writers involved.

I originally posted about this in this thread: http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/001999.html

-Echo

------------------
"Master, I am in great distress! The sprits I have conjured up I now cannot get rid of!" -Goethe

"Are you implying that I'm an internet slut?" -Bono

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

I was looking for a thread that I hadn't read, and I saw the Macphisto Society. I've never been too much of a fan of Bono's often very strange alter-egos, but your story has captured my attention! Bona.....give me back my Larry! :p And please don't make anything else bad happen to him...he deserves only the best! Bluey, you are incredibly talented, you always keep me reading! And cheers for Echo, Julie, and Ana!

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

God Bless America and my city, NYC!

"After all it is the Larry Mullen band."

"Larry has a heavy foot it is an extordiry thing, you know, to have to stand in front of that drum kit. It is like getting a good kicking on a nightly basis." ~Bono

I downloaded that entire MacPhisto "story" and holy crap, it's 120 pages long!!!

WOW!!! We have some awfully prolific and talented writers in Pleba...

*tips hat* to all the Phisto's!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Disco

WOW!
You guys are awesome,
-Echo it sounds good...go for it. I would love to help or do it myself but I have no time...
-Disco...120 pages? Coool, we are a long winded bunch here.
-I love the name "Angel in a Devil's Shoes", perfecto!
-Bona...keep on rockin in the free world! You rule girly
-Ana thanks for your recent entry...cool.
-Fishy...I got in my car and "You remind Me" started, I giggled all the way to the restaurant...ahh the mental images this place conjures! Now I have that song stuck in my head...(that and "Play that funky Music white boy" for some reason.)
*Thanks all of you for your support, it really means a lot...HUG
-Bluey

It's really great to know that we're not the only two people reading this... and Bluey and I are glad to entertain you all. And Foadie, I have plans for Larry, but you'll have to wait and see. I promise nothing else is going to happen to him physically... he may go through more mental stress, but he'll be happy in the end, I promise.
smile.gif

Wow, 120 Pages!!! Holy feckin' eejits!! I had no idea it'd be that long!! Another cool idea would be to publish all these, if we could do it without being sued...
smile.gif

Bluey, I couldn't do it without you!! You are an incredible writer...

Ana, thanks for your contribution!! Sorry I had to make it only a dream, though... I didn't mean to be rude it was a great post, but a dream worked with the story... hope you'll forgive me!

And I do like the title, "Angel in a Devil's shoes..." it's perfect I think!! I'd offer to help with the website, but I honestly have not the first clue about how to create them on my own. I'm HTML illiterate...

Anyway, back to my storyline... I need to get something else up... <------ambiguous, innuendo-laced comment.
wink.gif

------------------
"My God, he's a genius! I feel like Salieri..." -Mr. Wick, "The Drew Carey Show."

"People of Sarajevo, count your blessings. There are people all over the world who have food, heat and security, but they're not on TV like you are..." -Mr. MacPhisto.

All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

*hugs for all the McPhisto society*

AW thanks,Bluey
and Bona, don't worry about it. Those were only my 2 cents for the story
smile.gif

You girls rock!!!

------------------

Holy CRAP Bluey!!! You really had me going with the whole BluePhisto, Mac, Adam, Jesus, bathroom scene!!! I won't say too much becasue I don't want to spoil for those who might pop in here before reading it, but...GOODNESS!!! You know it's funny, but now that it looks good for Mackie, I feel bad for the Fly, maybe I just pull for the underdog! But then again, knowing you girls and your twists, Bluey could very well end up with Adam! HAHA!!!

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz, we hear he is a wiz of a wiz if ever a wiz there was, if ever-oh-wehver a wiz there was the Wizard of Oz is one because, BECAUSE, because, because, BECAUSE...Because of the wonderful things he does!

this story is so addicting!!!

I feel bad for the poor Fly too!! and Luscious Larry
smile.gif
lol.

*refreshes page, again*

------------------
"I'm addicted too... I'm just addicted to being up here on this stage.
Adam, Larry Mullen Jr., and Edge. They're my drug. Tonight I'm feeling high."
-Bono, Tempe, Arizona

"I just wanted to say that I'm really thrilled
to be spending my brithday with 18,000 of my closest friends!
Larry onstage, 10.31.01

* U2TakeMeHigher *

***GROWLS FEROCIOUSLY***

DONT USE MY HUSBAND IN YOUR LITTLE PARTIES/ROLEPLAY HES MY HUSBAND!!

OF COURSE IM TALKING ABOUT THE FLY

oh come here baby
***hugs The Fly after all the emotional pain he went through***
itll be all right
***kisses him and pulls him upstairs***
he he hee..
icon41.gif

Bono-ette

------------------
"Follow the leader children, as we flap like a chicken..."
-Me

"Life is stupid sometimes, but with Bono to look at--it seems better"-Me