MacPhisto Society: Rants & Raves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh frickin darn it!!!! I went to put a tag on some thing and it posted the message, INCOMPLETE. LOL. You know how frustrating that is?

I'm in the process of editing now. And yes, I'm leaving for a week... I'll be emailing you, Bluey if you want. But I don't know if I'll be able to get on long enough to post.

Argh!!! Back to editing.
tongue.gif

And Echo, that was amazing. Keep posting! You have me in suspense now!

------------------
"I wish that I could cry, fall upon my knees. Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see... I can't stand to fly. I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find a better part of me. Up up and away from me, It's alright you can all sleep safe tonight. I'm not crazy or anything... Even heroes have the right to dream..." -Five for Fighting "Superman"
All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

I was just going to post...Bona, darling was that the whole thing?
Talk about cliffhanger!
So how about ending it as of tonight and then we will begin again when you *sniff* return and it will be the wedding party?
How's that sound?
Let me know Echo and Bona when you are DONE done posting, I have a little extra thingly (not plot related just a little weird thing) to put on the END of the thread.
HUGS
-Bluey

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

*sigh* well... that's my post. It's all I could muster up with the writer's block. Yes, ending it tonight sounds like a good idea. I'm going to have to save this to my hard drive. It's too good to let get lost. And I'll email you about the wedding if you want... details i guess.
smile.gif
It's been fun and i LOVED your last post, bluey. That was ingenious. Sounded like something out of the Matrix. It was sooooo Hollywood action movie.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I wish that I could cry, fall upon my knees. Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see... I can't stand to fly. I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find a better part of me. Up up and away from me, It's alright you can all sleep safe tonight. I'm not crazy or anything... Even heroes have the right to dream..." -Five for Fighting "Superman"
LadyHeartland's pics.

Wow... THAT was amazing. To all who contributed thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the next one.
smile.gif

Larry and Bona's wedding is coming up after thanksgiving and keep an eye out. I have some really great plans.
biggrin.gif
And yes, Bluey. I will email you.
smile.gif

------------------
LadyHeartland's pics.

Holy crap I have to come up with an ending to my subplot.

Like, SOON.

Okay people, tell me what you want to see happen to EchoPhisto and Edge!!! I write the best stuff when people tell me what to do.

------------------
*Echo* The Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Romance is dead. Turns out all this time someone had just put sunglasses
on it and propped it up in a chair." -James "Kibo" Parry

"Are you implying that I'm an internet slut?" -Bono

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation! http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

[This message has been edited by Echo (edited 11-16-2001).]

Two things....
1) For those of you who already read my final entry...I altered it slightly. Bluey does not become human again.
2)Hmm Echo.
Maybe Edge should reject Echo and they meet up again at the wedding. It would give you some meat to work with in the next thread...Just a suggestion. BTW, I love Bono-Man. It cracked me up, good work!
-Bluey of Doom

YAY!
Echo I really love your writing... Sigh... ohhh so good. Thanks, please keep it coming.
Fishy, that is a cute cartoon, I giggled muchly.
Bona...POOOOOOST! PPPPPPOST! Lol. It's okay chicky, just start typing and it will come to you. So, you are leaving tommorow for a week!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
*Blueeyes clings to Bonavoix's leg*
Don't go! *sniff*
Oh well, when you come back...it's weddin time. I have a few guest ideas that I can't wait to share.
HUGS!!!
-Blueeyes

------------------
Bluephisto

Okay, I'm done.

*Whew* That was hard...I mean, I know I was only posting like once every five days, but it was hard to write it because it's rather semi-autobiographical, you see. So I kind of had to relive a lot of personal catastrophe.

Anyway, I was instructed to let everyone know when I was done...and so there I did.
smile.gif

------------------
*Echo* The Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

"Romance is dead. Turns out all this time someone had just put sunglasses
on it and propped it up in a chair." -James "Kibo" Parry

"Are you implying that I'm an internet slut?" -Bono

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

Awww, thanks Echo. I really liked it.
I'm sorry you had to "go there" (great, now I'm on Jenny Jones all of a sudden..SAVE ME!).
Whew!
I can't wait until next week, but my imagination needs a rest.
I'm going to post a little treat for everyone at the end now, so check back on it in a few mins.
Thanks so much for all your support and writing talent everyone, this is SO much fun and it relieved a LOT of acadmeic stress for me...it's great to have somewhere like this to write.
-Bluey.

------------------
Bluephisto

WOW!!! Bra-VO girls! You all should really be proud of yourselves! Bluey I LOVED the outakes! Especially the ones about Fly and Mac smooching! CLASSIC!!! You deserve the Thanksgiving break...can't wait for the wedding...

gS48190.jpg

Fishy <><

------------------

tonight the moon is a mirrorball
light flickers from across the hall
who'll catch the star when it falls...

I must say.....not being a member of the elite MacPhisto society, I never even looked at the story thread. Then a couple of days ago, oliveu2cm convinced me that it was something I should not miss. I HAVE BEEN GLUED TO THE COMPUTER EVER SINCE. I have sat reading breathlessly every spare minute this entire weekend, and just finished the whole shebang. It is BRILLIANT! You are all BRILLIANT! Stunning! Captivating! Remarkable! Breathtaking! Inspiring! If I started a list of superlatives, I would never finish! I am completely stunned by the level of talent and creativity displayed in this, uh, NOVEL. And Bluey, the out-takes at the end are freaking HILARIOUS!

Thank you, Carrie, for pointing this out to me. And thank you, writers, for the most amazing literary experience I've had in a long time...... I am really deeply impressed by your talent. I haven't had this much fun since my last U2 show!

Brava! Brava! (P.S. Um, when's the next installment?)

Goodness Miss Velvet Dress!
*Blush*
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the stories...and I am sure Bona will be too. Thank you SO MUCH for reading them, and for posting your thoughts here. Feedback is really important to me, otherwise I feel like I'm body surfing during a soundcheck...think about it.
The next installment should start in about a week as Bonavoix is away eating turkey etc. I'm curious, what would all of you like to see happen in the next one? Of course it doesn't mean those things WILL happen, but I wold love to know...
Thanks again for your kind words, all of you!
HUGS
-Blueeeyes
p.s. My halloween pics are back and I have some VERY silly ones of me dressed up as Mac and The Fly. I will try to find a scanner...but I'm warning you now, I may need to post these when I'm drunk and then hide forever...
smile.gif

------------------
Bluephisto

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 11-18-2001).]

Post the pics!!! Woo-hoo! Can't wait to get ahold of these...smirks, and prepares to play with Blueys pics in Photoshop!

Hmmmm...things I would like to see happen in the next one...a guest appearance by MacFishto...it could happen...
smile.gif

Fishy <><

------------------

PHOTOSHOP!?
*Blueeyes runs in fear...fear I say!*
Hmmm...now to find a scanner, damn digital camera without a flash!!!
DAMN YOU SALIZAAR!
sorry, i just yell that whenever I'm frusterated.
Thanks again for the feedback, and now to make a HUGE fool of myself. Sigh.
-Blueeyes

Never fear Ana darling,
We are going to continue sometime early next week. Our brains need a little rest, not to mention our hearts (cue cheesy violin music).
But thanks for asking dear!
-Bluey

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Bona's Back!!! Consider this my RSVP! I will be patiently(yeah right) awaiting the next update!!!

Fishy <><

------------------

Bluey I just love the interactions between the Fly and Macphisto! "That pompus son of a bitch..." HAHA!!! I didn't realize just how much I missed the MPS, until you gals started in tonight! Of couse we all know the wedding will go off without a hitch...four posts, tops...BWA-HA-HA...who am I fooling? Four PAGES maybe...
smile.gif

Fishy <><

------------------

LOL thanks Fishy~
Yes, you have uncovered our evil plan...we are going to shock you all and Bona and Larry are just going to get married in the next three posts, and then story over. LOL.
The Fly: *Walks by Jen's computer* cough*loadofCRAP!*cough.

Gee, thanks.
I love writing it, and I'm glad someone enjoys reading it.
-Bluey

Hey Bluey, great update. I have a suggestion for a song you could use... more for The Fly and Bluey than anything else...

A little song by Garth Brooks maybe?

Blame it all on my roots
I showed up in boots
And ruined your black tie affair...
The last one to know
The last one to show
I was the last one you thought you'd see there...
And I saw the surprise
and the fear in his eyes
when I took his glass of champagne.
I toasted you, said
"Honey, we may be through,
but you'll never hear me complain!!"

Cuz I got friends in LOW PLACES...

Just a suggestion. I saw the GB special on TV this week and when he sang this I thought of you.
wink.gif

------------------
LadyHeartland's pics.

LOL Bona...I love that song...really appropriate, but can we please pretend it was sung by someone else? Please? And after the Fly finds out about Mac and Bluey, can we add the mysterious third verse?
smile.gif

Fishy <><

------------------

LMFAO!
The only way I can realistically see anyone singing that song in MPS is:
a) The mirrorball man takes over the kareoke machine.
b)The Fly does it to annoy the crap out of Macphisto....which it would, very quickly. I can see it now...
The Fly: "I've got friends in ---ZAP!! Hey, what happened to the sound system?"
*Macphisto stands in the corner holding a severed power cord and glaring.*

Sorry, imagination overdrive here. Mmmm coffee!
-Bluey

Bluey I think the funniest part of your sense of humor is the fact that you are so freaking random..."mmmmm coffee..." HAHA, I don't know why that struck me as so funny...

Fishy <><

------------------

Random? Me? That's ridiculous, I've never been so insulted in all my - Ooooh look, a blue truck!
Please keep the suggestions coming, I love to hear them for songs, plot, ideas, or just a good chili recipe...hey I'll find a way to incorperate it somehow.
Btw, thanks for posting Bona and Echo. I'm glad to see ScottPhisto joining us.
smile.gif

I'm curious, who is everybody cheering for? (like it's a boxing match...Hmmmm, I'll have to keep that in mind Lol). I mean, who do you identify with most, if you do.
Now to wrestle my hair into submission.
Thanks Guys,
-bluey

I root for Bluey and Mackie in ALL situations...I love the Fly dearly, but I don't know...he's good comic relief...but...HEY! Maybe I could steal him away...BWA-Ha-ha! Just Kidding...I also really like Adam's character, he's like the backbone of this whole saga, you can always count on him to be the voice of reason, or strong when no one else is...and obviously I think Larry and Bona are a match made in...well...where would this match be made exactly?
smile.gif
But anyway...don't feck it up!
smile.gif
Can't wait to see what you guys have in store. You know I wonder what my percentage of posts in this thread are? It seems like everyother post is from me...maybe I should shut up a bit...but I love you guys soooo much! I want you to know what a good job you are doing...but I will be quiet and let other people speak...

Time-Out Fishy <><

------------------

Well since you asked..
smile.gif
I'm cheering for... Well. I really like Larry. lol. and I like the fact that Bono was a Tempter b/c he was so mofohot in JT era- that still cracks me up. That doesn't really answer the question....but to reiterate, I do like Larry and Bona together and his intensity for her is so moving! I feel so close to Larry after reading about this (maybe thats weird but anyway)

I feel soooo bad for Fly b/c i know that Mac & Bluephisto need to belong together, b/c Mac can't mess up anymore and Bluephisto was the one that proposed! I think it's *nearly* inevitable! But poor Fly! (altho he does end up *becoming* mac eventually, doesn't he? after he's done Vegas and is a dried up old pop star...) geez bluey i'm stumped as to other surprises that could come up- which is why i'm glad you're writing it! every post is exciting! I agree about Adam being a rock in this story and really feel that he deserves some oliveloving *ahem* lol.

oh gosh it's been 5 min. gotta go refresh...
smile.gif
i'll see if i can think up any other comments or songs!

------------------
Your eyes make a circle
I see you when I come in here

* U2 Take Me Higher *

Hehehehe... thanks Olive!! I have no idea how well I've captured Larry's personality here, I mean comparing to what he's really like offstage. I know he's got a killer sense of humor but I imagine he'd be very dominant but sensitive as well...

Bluey!! LOL... I just thought the song would be perfect for The Fly's sentiments toward Bluey and MacPhisto... I LOVE that song. Garth Brooks is fabulous. Hey, he could make a guest apperance at Mackie and Bluey's wedding!
biggrin.gif
Heheehe... you would HATE me after that I sense. I still think it'd be hillarious if Fly got up and sang that. Aaaanyway... just a suggestion.
biggrin.gif

At any rate.. off to class then to figure out what to do next!
wink.gif

------------------
LadyHeartland's pics.

Bona- I think you are doing an amazing job handling Larry's character as a writer. I truly see himself in that story! One part that particularly struck me when I read it was his reaction to finding out he was going to be a father- which made me imagine it happening in "real" life
wink.gif
with Ann and how beautiful and amazing and weepy he must have been! It's spectacular!

The song for Larry has to be Born To Run. That song just *always* reminds me of him.

In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway American dream
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines
Sprung from cages out on highway 9,
Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line
Baby this town rips the bones from your back
It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap
We gotta get out while we're young
`Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend
I want to guard your dreams and visions
Just wrap your legs round these velvet rims
and strap your hands across my engines
Together we could break this trap
We'll run till we drop, baby we'll never go back
Will you walk with me out on the wire
`Cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider
But I gotta find out how it feels
I want to know if love is wild, girl I want to know if love is real
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide
Together Wendy we'll live with the sadness
I'll love you with all the madness in my soul
Someday girl I don't know when we're gonna get to that place
Where we really want to go and we'll walk in the sun
But till then tramps like us baby we were born to run

The First Time fits a few characters here, especially Bonophisto (lover = Bona, brother = Adam, father = God) and certainly Mac and Bluey have both "thrown away the key" at different times...

I have a lover
A lover like no other
She got soul, soul, soul, sweet soul
And she teach me how to sing

Shows me colours when there's none to see
Gives me hope when I can't believe
That for the first time
I feel love

I have a brother
When I'm a brother in need
I spend my whole time running
He spends his running after me