MacPhisto Rants & Raves On & On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There you go Bona baby!
And now I must study *sob*. Damn MOFO finals!
Bona, feel free to take my last post and run with it.
smile.gif

I'll check back here later tonight, you all rule!
Bluey of Doom.

------------------
It's true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, and Angel gets set on fire. -Jack Handy

ahhhhhh that was so so SOOOO great!! fly was too cute, and now mac saunters in....ahhhh. ive been sitting here staring at a blank screen where my neuropsych final should be typing itself up, waiting for someone to post!! and it was great!!! yaaay!!

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

i'd sell my soul, my self esteem a dollar at a time, for one chance, one kiss, one taste of you...
"The Fly has to be the Fly!"

Shazam Bluey! That was an awesome, awesome post! Oh my gosh, her meeting everyone for the first time... and I LOVED the part where they were telling her what she likes and hates. Fishy's right, this is a really good plot twist! I mean dazamn! Aw, and Fly explaining about their kiss, and Mac walking in..."Yes, if you want to be." I'm sooo excited to see where all this is gonna lead. Crap, wait'll they explain how she's been an angel, a devil, and now a human...
eek.gif

i need a reason to not do my neuropsych *hint hint*
biggrin.gif
hehe...i am trying to write an essay about amnesia though haha.. how weird is that?

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu

i'd sell my soul, my self esteem a dollar at a time, for one chance, one kiss, one taste of you...

[This message has been edited by opaltranquility (edited 12-08-2001).]

Aww, you guys thanks!
It always happens that I post something that I go away thinking is just about the dumbest thing I've ever written, and those tend to be the ones people like the most. Lmao. Thanks again.
I'm studying for chem and nutrition all night, so if I post it will be at four a.m..
But Fishy dear, I'm going to keep "Miss Congeniality" on the tele while I study thermodynamics so I get some good Fishy vibes.
I'm really excited to hear what you're going to do for the next post Bona. It's up to you, I have a variety of paths I can take with it.
Hugs to all the Phistos!
-Bluey of Doom.

------------------
It's true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, and Angel gets set on fire. -Jack Handy

Originally posted by Ana:
Someone please POOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!
biggrin.gif

BTW : Mullen-Girl aka Cristy
biggrin.gif
please read my last chapter. I hope you like it.

I love you all. I get very moved and enchanted reading the MPS thread.
Great Job, Bluey and Bona! *smooches*
smile.gif

Hey girlie!!!! I loved it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
thanks for getting me Joephisto Larry's lookalike wooo hooo!!!!

Sorry that I haven't been posting girls but i've been very busy....partying, studying you know
smile.gif
but I hope to soon
smile.gif

*hugs all the girlies (and boys)*

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

I'm glad both of Fishy's helpful hints to Bluey involved alcohol! Sheesh...I guess I am now the resident whino!

Bluey if you want Fishy vibes, my friends say the two movies that peg me best are Miss Congeniality, and The Wedding singer. They say I am a combination of Sandra in MC and Drew Barrymore in TWS. From Sandra i get my klutzyness, and the "you can dress her up, but you just can't take her out" vibe, and from Drew I get my sweetness and silliness, like I can be happy doing anything as long as I am with a friend. Anyway...not that you need help, if I didn't know better I would think you were one of my long time friends!

I loved the part with the name tags, the Fly is soooo cool! Major Brownie points on that one!

Ok now i have a question for all of youse guys...

How many of you have read the Screwtape Letters by C.S.Lewis? If you have, without giving much away, what do you think of it? I just started reading it tonight. I only read one letter, which is not much, but it had so many profound thoughts in it I found I couldn't go on. I just sat and thought about it for the longest time. Ok, talk amounst yahselves...

I like this quote from the preface of the book...

"The Devil, the proud spirit, cannot endure to be mocked." -Thomas More

Now I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Devil can't stand to have his ass kicked either...I fear MacPhisto may be in a lot of trouble in the coming days...

Fishy <><

------------------
It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
I loved the part with the name tags, the Fly is soooo cool! Major Brownie points on that one!

How many of you have read the Screwtape Letters by C.S.Lewis? If you have, without giving much away, what do you think of it? I just started reading it tonight. I only read one letter, which is not much, but it had so many profound thoughts in it I found I couldn't go on. I just sat and thought about it for the longest time. Ok, talk amounst yahselves...

I like this quote from the preface of the book...

"The Devil, the proud spirit, cannot endure to be mocked." -Thomas More

Now I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Devil can't stand to have his ass kicked either...I fear MacPhisto may be in a lot of trouble in the coming days...

Fishy <><

Def. agree w/ the brownie points for the fly! soooo suuuhhweeeet!!

Ironically enough, I just started reading the screwtape letters again! there IS a lot to think about- it really makes you think - all throughout the day!

That quote you posted reminded me of what Bono used to quote about Mac: "Mock the devil and he will flee from you"

having some drinks tonight- will cheer to all my phistos!

bona- hope you had fun at your dance last night!
smile.gif

------------------
Bono: There is a bit of my guitar playing, but honestly it's sad.
Larry: It is. But Bono looks great with it.

Take my shirt, go on take it off me
You can tear it up If you can tie me down

* U2 Take Me Higher *

I started to read the Screwtape letters by C.S. Lewis... I never finished it though. It was borrowed from the library and I was working a lot so I never really got much of a chance to read it. Now I hope I'm not crossing a boundary with this next question, but if you don't mind my asking how many of you are Christians?

The only reason I ask is because C.S. Lewis was a Christian author and so is that book... If it makes you uncomfortable don't answer, I was just curious.
wink.gif

Working on another post now.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Larry Mullen Jr.'s Harley Club: The motors are loud for a reason. :D

All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

i had an idea. i dunno what you guys are going to do with bona having the baby etc...and i'm not the song person, but a possible perfect song is "lightning crashes" by live...you could totally write the scene around the song (it's on now, i was inspired lol)...

lightning crashes, a new mother cries
her placenta falls to the floor
the angel opens her (his) eyes
the confusion sets in
before the doctor can even close the door...

the angel opens her (his) eyes
pale blue colored iris, presents the circle and puts the glory out to hide...

i dunno...just the whole angel bit, birth of a baby, the blue eyes...

as for the whole christian bit. i was baptised catholic but that's as far as it goes. never made communion, never went to church. my mom is catholic my dad is athiest and he didn't want me to even be baptised...so i wasn't raised in religion, i dont consider myself religious in any way...

stupid, stupid, stupid neuropsych driving me insane

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu

Oh Bona...I really really need that post to cheer me up. This chemistry class is stealing my soul, I swear. I think I'm just going to stop studying and accept that studying will just prolong the flunking process. My buddy just called and she is taking me out to save what is left of my sanity.
If it were not for MPS, I swear I would be naked in a gun tower right now!
"here I am now...entertain me".
*Sob*
-Bluey of Doom.

Lol: If I posted now, it would be Macphisto and The Fly debating the finer points of quantum mechanics.
Macphisto: No no no! Listen this time you idiot. The quantum number l determines the shape of the orbital...
The Fly: You're so full of CRAP!!! The m sub s quantum number determines the shape.
Macphisto: *blowing smoke at the Fly and rolling his eyes* The m sub s quantum number only determines the magnetic spin of the electrons you dolt.
The Fly: I'm checking the text...
Macphisto: *Pouring a glass of wine and rubbing his forehead* You do that...

Lol, sorry.

*I let my friend read this before I posted it and she said I should put a disclaimer up here...I want you to know that I am not jumping on Bona's case, and I am not mad! Quite the contrary, Bona's question made me ponder some things and a chance to confront some things I have been dealing with, and I am thankful! I love you Bona! This is all in a lighthearted tone!*

Bona, I think the more appropriate question would be, do you believe in God?
smile.gif
I dislike the negative conotations that come with being labeled a Christian these days. Not that I am ashamed to admit I am, but I am ashamed of how many so-called "Christians" act, discriminating in the name of God, so I choose not to lump myself in that category. It is an issue I am struggling to resolve, and having a hard time right now in doing so, I am blown away by the hypocrisy of it all, mine included, and that is why I began reading "The Screwtape Letters."

So to answer your question...How can you be a U2 fan and not believe in God?
smile.gif

That statement was not meant to offend, but as a Christian I find U2's music very uplifting and reassuring, because it's not all "warm-fuzzies/Holier than thou." Now don't get me wrong, there is a time and place for that, but U2's music is about real people struggling with real issues, and trying to find God in all of that.

Bona I would like to pose the same question to you?

Are you?

I hope I am not assuming too much in thinking that you are. I am not making this up, but for the longest time I have thought of you as a Christian. Not because you've blatently come out and said it and beat us over the head with a Bible or laid hands on us or anything...
smile.gif
But(occasional hormones aside) the way you conduct yourself on this forum has always given me that vibe about you. I have always thought it more of a compliment for someone to be able to know you are a Christian without you telling them, so I hope I am right. If not I feel stupid in my assumption and I am sorry.

But I think St. Francis of Assisi sums up Bona's presence the best...

"In all things you do, preach the Gospel, and when neccesary, use words."

Sorry this is so longwinded, if anyone wants to discuss this further you can email me, U2thegoalissoul@aol.com or we can continue the discussion here. I hope i haven't pissed anyone off! Bona I love you! I love all of you guys!

Fishy <><
(hides behind a tree until she is sure it is safe to come out and play again)

------------------
It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.

[This message has been edited by FishNeedsABicycle (edited 12-08-2001).]

Originally posted by mocool12:
Ok, sorry I'm turning this into Jack Handey thread. Damn, I can't find one of my faves, w/ the cowboy building a wife out of sand. Ah well. [/B]

It goes something like "He was a cowboy, and he loved the land. He loved it so much he made a woman out of dirt and married her. and when she blew away they laughed. and so he shot them..." and then something about him being hanged...

Oh...my...gosh...

Bona dear are you trying to kill us?!?

I hate to say I told you so...and I hate that Bona had to suffer for the sake of protecting Mackie, but I knew the Devil would be pissed.

Bona please be ok.

biggrin.gif

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners Saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, um yeah

it's really bad when i picture blonde satan as brad pitt....great post!!! it's all gonna come down now lol

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu

Yay Fishy!! I'm not angry at all!

I agree with you on a lot of what you said.. the term "Christian" makes my skin crawl to be quite honest, just because of the way it's associated and the way a lot of people act in the name of God.

To answer your question, I am a Christian, or should I say I do believe very strongly in God and in Jesus and his teachings. I asked because The Screwtape Letters is a very difficult novel to read even if you follow God closely and I was concerned because reading it for the wrong reasons can be risky.

Over the course of the past year and a half I've come to learn a lot about the negative side of Christianity, and I would LOVE to tell you all about what my friend Sean and I have been discussing. Although I'm not sure if here is the best place to do that... I will share this much though.

I'm a sophomore at the U of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana and last year coming in as a freshman I was looking for a good fellowship and InterVarsity seemed like a good place. Things went fine until U2 started selling tickets for the first leg of the tour in January and I miraculously got seats. This being my first U2 concert I was obnoxiously happy and I was telling everyone. Everyone I told was pretty excited about it, that is except the people in my fellowship. They just kind of raised their eyebrows and spent the rest of the semester trying to convince me to go to this retreat at the end of the year instead. I kept telling them I'd made up my mind, but they wouldn't drop it! I even had one guy tell me "I'm only trying to do what's best for you and your relationship with God." In a nutshell, I found God in rock music and more specifically, U2. I was upset to learn that they could not even consider that as a possiblity. Needless to say, I went to the U2 concert and I just switched fellowships.

Like you said, U2 is a group of four REAL men dealing with REAL issues. You hit everything right on the head. I think it's amazing that you could tell without me saying anything that I am a Christian... I take that as a major compliment.

Oh, and BTW... I just added you to my buddy list on AIM, so if you get an IM from LadyHeartland...
biggrin.gif
Hi.

Email me if you wanna talk more about it!

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
Bluey! POOOOOOOOST!!!

I hope I didn't give everyone too much of a heart attack.
wink.gif

uim tooo late!!!! bahh!!
*note to self* never drink and read Mac at the same time!

------------------
Bono: There is a bit of my guitar playing, but honestly it's sad.
Larry: It is. But Bono looks great with it.

Take my shirt, go on take it off me
You can tear it up If you can tie me down

* U2 Take Me Higher *

I posted. I am a super dumb-ass and need to study tommorow for my final monday. I may not be in here tommorow...sorry to dissapoint anyone.
Sigh...damn fecking school! BLAH!
hugs,
-Bluey of Doom

Well, like I said, she did just get married. Cheating on Lars isn't in the cards right now. I'm glad everyone liked it, considering it was 2am when I wrote it.

Bluey, POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!!
biggrin.gif

I'm waiting!!

~Lisa~

------------------
Larry Mullen Jr.'s Harley Club: The motors are loud for a reason. :D

All my pictures are located here:
LadyHeartland's pics.

bluey - have you ever taken a psych class?? because oddly enough, stuff like that can really happen. people dont know who they are, and what they were in the past, but they can instinctively perform things...quite fascinating. now i just wish i didnt have to be tested on all this stuff i know LOL

back to the dungeon to work on neuropsych. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WITH FINALS!!!

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu

Can't you just imagine everyone standing/laying/bleeding around with their mouths hanging open at what Bluey just did? Wow! I love Bluey in assasin mode! She kicks ass. Now to pick up the pieces...

Fishy <><

------------------

This is what I pictured "The Father" to look like. Now don't misunderstand, I love Sting, I don't think he's evil...he just looks PERFECT for it. Not to mention he could totally do the attitude and the accent would be cool too.

00282904.jpg

Louging around in the hallway...waiting to smite some poor bastard.
3329889523232%7Ffp4%3C%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3DXROQDF%3E2323282547764ot1lsi

Plotting...ahh yes, that Macphisto chap will pay.

I'm trying to restrain myself from posting right now...should I?
-Bluey

Do you have to ask?!?!

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

*sheepishly* please?

Good call on those pics and satan...the webmistresses have been dicussing that and we came up with Brad as the final cut, but I think Sting wins, especially in that first pic!

Fishy <><

------------------

Okay, I'll do it and get it out of the way and study for the rest of the day.
Hugs Opal.
-Bluey

------------------

*SQUEALS WITH EXCITEMENT*

refreshrefreshrefreshrefresh

Fishy <><

------------------

Back
Top Bottom