MacPhisto or Mirrorball Man?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
Which ZooTV character did you think was better: MacPhisto or Mirrorball Man?

I'd say MacPhisto was a far more developed creation, but I can't help but enjoy Mirrorball Man's televangelist mocking more.

i like macphisto more, but mirrorball was great too.

"you know something? you're a fucking ugly son of a bitch!"

ah.....ZOO TV :drool:

Axver said:
I'd say MacPhisto was a far more developed creation

Agreed. :yes: I find Mirrorball Man fun, but I love MacPhisto for his depth--the sheer beauty of the art of him. :wink: He's really the epitome of Achtung Baby & ZooTV's ideals and caps off the shows perfectly.

Mac was funnier , but Mirror sang better , specially Ultra Violet , besides yeah , Mirror's critic to U$ religion business was great . Besides I see it as almost a whole different show , outside broadcast X Zooropa or Zoomerang

Got to be MacPhisto!
I agree about Mirrorball man singing Ultraviolet but MacPhisto singing Lemon was pretty hot as well!

Yeah , true Mac did a great job with Lemon , actually it's the song that helps . Lemon is one of most underrated songs , it's a pure gem , one of best touches of Zooropa , and live was undoubtely the highlight of the Zoomerang encore , it even shadowed that non-succesful try of Wowy.

When exactly did Macphisto show up?on which show?
As i know, mirrorball man was on the first leg of zootv, who was on 2nd leg and 3rd leg

Macphisto showed up on Zooropa and Zoomerang/New Zooland/ZooTV Japan. Mirrorball Man handled all the 1992 shows.

And for what it's worth, I think both were great but they really should have left Desire and Ultraviolet with the Mirrorball Man. Really don't dig the Zooropa versions of Desire.

T

Pero said:
never seen mirroball man:sad:

Here you go , I'll after get more

PDVD_012.jpg

Tommy pretty much explained everything well , just a last note , Mirror was 'round when Achtung Baby ruled , when Zooropa came out , so did Mirror and Mac got in

Why is this thread in PLEBA , we were talking 'bout music , just coz we posted a couple of photos this turned into a girl thread ???

mac has almost become legendary as a live performer, even my mates at college know who he is and they aint u2 fans, so did my drama teacher. :huh:

She wore lemon

MacPhisto as a character is much better, but i fancy Mirrorball more :drool: Just wish i'd seen him as i did Mac :(

I like the accent :drool:

but also, MBM still exists :lol: he made a re-appearance on a certain phonecall in err 2004?(can someone verify that for me? the Into the Heart meeting call I mean)

Yes, he apparently called some girl on their birthday(I think ruffian told me she heard it anyway!) and he said 'there was something i meant to do....and it was you'!!!!! :ohmy: :shocked: :macdevil:

He's a naughty boyt alright!!! :yes: :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom