lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SanDiego Brenda

The Fly
Ok, girls, I know this topic has been exhausted to no end, but Im wondering..what are some of your favorite U2 lyrics, especially those regarding love? I could use someuplifting today, and I think a few good U2 lines would do the trick.

Hey, you're from the U2 Station!!!!
biggrin.gif
You know me as Bellavoce. I'll repost what I did earlier.
biggrin.gif

"I've conquered my past, the future is here at last. I'm standing at the entrance of a new world I can see. The ruins to the right of me will soon have lost sight of me. Love, rescue me." -Love Rescue Me

This may not be the "happiest" of tunes but it is the one with the most promise...the eternal promise of God...and is what I've been singing to myself all day after hearing about Bobby's passing...

Drowning Man

Take my hand
You know I'll be there
If you can
I'll cross the sky for your love
For I have promised
Oh, to be with you tonight
And for the time that will come

Take my hand
You know I'll be there
If you can
And I understand
These winds and tides
This change of times
Won't drag you away

Hold on, and hold on tightly
Hold on, and don't let go
Of my love

The storms will pass (the storm will pass)
It won't be long now (it won't be long now)
His love will last
His love will last...forever

Take my hand
You know I'll be there
If you can
Give you what I hold dear
Hold on, hold on tightly
Hold on, hold on tightly
Rise up, rise up
With wings like eagles
You run, you run
You run and not grow weary
(take my hand, take my hand)
Hold on, and hold on tightly
Hold on, hold on tightly
To this love...last forever
To this love...last forever
Take my hand
Take my hand...

Bobby...maybe you mount up with wings like eagles...and run and not grow weary! Just think, tonight, this very moment, Bobby is dining with the Lord!! You can't have more JOY than that!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Disco

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Bobby...maybe you mount up with wings like eagles...and run and not grow weary! Just think, tonight, this very moment, Bobby is dining with the Lord!! You can't have more JOY than that!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
Disco

Awww Disco! U just made me cry! That is something really beautiful! Wow!

smile.gif

------------------
"A giraffe. Why? 'Cos then you'd meet other giraffes." - Adam
"I believe in love, love and money! I believe in poetry, electricity, cheap cosmetics. I believe in the sky over my head, and the silver shoes beneath my feet. I have a vision! I have a vision! Television!" - The Mirrorball Man
"My real name is Johnny Carson, but I just didn't think that would get me on the show." - Edge in 1981
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." - Larry

its very 'Im-here-and-may-be-quite-tired-but-if-I-stick-a-feg-in-me-gob-I-can-look-quite-sexy-while-signing' - Madie on one of the pics of Sparky

For me right now the greatest lyrics about love are the lyrics of One, a song about reconcilliation. Reconcilliation takes place in all relationships, sometimes just after one big explosion, and sometimes on a daily basis to patch up little household earthquakes.
"Is is getting better, or do you feel the same? Will it make it easier on you now, you've got someone to blame? One love, one life, when it's one need in the night. One love, we get to share it. It leaves you darling if you don't care for it."

Blueyes, thank you, you are a sweetheart!! I find myself relating to many of the things you mentioned. I'm feeling pretty numb, just sort of wishing I could shut my brain off for a few days!! But, it will all be ok with a little time. He wasn't a jerk..not at all..but it was just time to move on. I'll be fine...but just need to wallow for a few days first. I DESERVE IT DAMMIT! There...I feel a little better already.

You know...the first time I hard Elvis and America, I didnt know what it was about, didnt even know the title of the song, but the first time I heard it it struck me as the sort of frustrated, desperate half inaudible ramblings of someone with a badly broken heart, then just sort of giving out...declaring that he is bits and peices to be picked up off the floor. Thats how it feel right now.

Oh well, this too, shall pass. Thanks for letting me ramble.....

hehehe I just read your suggestions again..I like the haircut idea and the new clothes. I can so relate to the sweatpants...it's the uniform for depressed people everywhere. Now..if you'll excuse me, I need to go change my clothes!
biggrin.gif

LMAO @ blueeyes!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
That's some funny (but true) stuff!

SDBrenda, here are some lyrics that I really related to during my recent break-up:

[*]"What you don't have you don't need it now" - This one kind of became my mantra cuz it's sooooo true
biggrin.gif

[*]"I can't keep holding on to what you got, when all you got is hurt" - This works really well if the guy was a jerk...GRRR!
mad.gif

[*]"I know it aches and your heart it breaks but you can only take so much...walk on"

Well hon, hope that helps a little bit. Although I don't think it will help quite as much as blueeyes' advice. LOL!
smile.gif

Thanks, girls. My boyfriend and I broke up and it's been an incredibly long week for me. Anybody have a good bottle of wine? Anybody have a BIG bottle of wine?

OHHHHHH! SWWEEEEEEEEETIE!
c'mere! ((((((((HUG)))))))
Oh I'm so sorry! Well I can't give you a big ass bottle of wine, but you are a really sweet person and you'll get through it! It's always hard to break up with someone and I know it's a cliche but you will feel better eventually. I had breakups that went like this:
1)day of: Oh GOD! My world is broken, I can't believe we broke up. Usually this is said in a drunken stupor and followed by crying jags
2)The following week: Major guilt time. What did I do wrong, maybe I will never feel that way about someone again. I just made a huge mistake. During this time I also usually have to take gravol or something to sleep. I don't recommend it.
3)The NEXT week: Ok, ok, feeling a bit better. Starting to look around again. I usually start wearing clothes that are not sweatpants at this point
4) The NEXT NEXT week: I start to see what was wrong with the relationship and stop blaming myself.
5) After that: I start feeling better, I put down the ice cream spoon and the vodka, and the world looks a little better
smile.gif

Now I don't know if this will help you, but I did this for a friend and she liked it. There is a list of things to do after the breakup. Feel free to just laugh, but it cheered my ass up.
1)Get the post breakup haircut (don't let your buddy do it after a bottle of tequila, you will look like popmart bono)
2)Get a good breakup theme music cd: ATYCYB is a good one or I like anything by tori amos, or ani difranco but it's a matter of personal taste. Get something WITHOUT weepy love songs and DO NOT listen to Achtung baby. You are not ready for it grasshopper!
3) Get your friends to take you out for a post-breakup good time. Depending on what you like this could be a stripbar, a kareoke bar, a pub, or if you want a radical departure: something non-alcholic like a big tea party.
4) get some new clothes, some stuff that you like but Mr. Byebye would have hated. Be adventurous.
5) When you are ready, have a burning-stuff party. No not just any stuff (unless that's your thing you little pyro!) old relationshippy stuff. Even burning one thing will make you feel a little better.
6) Drool over other guys. Come on go wild! And PLEBA, my friend is the perfect place to do this!
7) If he was a jerk and I'm not saying he was, but it always helps to shrink-wrap his car. You will need 3 rolls of plastic wrap and a hairdryer with an extension cord.
I hope this helps you, I don't know if it did. If the above seems stupid to you, just take care Brenda!
Luv, Bluey of Doom

------------------
"Yeah, Bono's a nice bunch of guys" - The Edge.

Back
Top Bottom