Love will tear us apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonboy

Refugee
Im curious about this song that Bono put into WOWY after his father died...Who wrote it and recorded it???
Is it perhaps an old U2 song I have completly missed??(don?t think so)
is it even a song???(or is it just a Bono at the moment rant???)

And I just read a rewiew from the Earls Court show 8/21 that pissed me of so badly!!

this guy just went on and on about that some people in the heart cried during Kite and Stuck just because some old guy they didn?t even now had died....but I think that would have happened anyway or I in fact now that it has happened anyway it?s just an emotional moment(I now what you think but these songs didn?t make me cry at any elevation shows,however IALW did)

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Lemons, the chicks- they love the lemon"
-Bono in Rotterdam-

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Hi LemonBoy! I believe that song is by Joy Division. I have the boot of that concert and you are right, the whole night was full of emotion. I cried like a baby the first time I heard Kite from that night. Even though we didn't know Bob Hewson in person, we still mourn for his loss.

You mean "love...love will tear us apart...again..." right? I know, it sounds really familiar, but where it comes from...I dunno!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I remember shortly after Bob Hewson died, I put something on my website about how I was sorry about it...And I got in a discussion with some people in a U2 chat and this one person was saying how "phony" it was to feel sad! That really made me angry!

------------------

Well that review was probably talking about me and my friend. We were in the heart and cried during kite, so did a lot of people, it was such an emotional night.
Dumb review. I will cry if I want to.

Originally posted by wertsie:
I remember shortly after Bob Hewson died, I put something on my website about how I was sorry about it...And I got in a discussion with some people in a U2 chat and this one person was saying how "phony" it was to feel sad! That really made me angry!

It is never phony to have compassion and Empathy for another person!!!!
mad.gif

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

-Bono in Rotterdam-

[This message has been edited by Lemonboy (edited 05-07-2002).]

Originally posted by Lemonboy:
Im curious about this song that Bono put into WOWY after his father died...Who wrote it and recorded it???
Is it perhaps an old U2 song I have completly missed??(don?t think so)
is it even a song???(or is it just a Bono at the moment rant???)

It's a snippet of a song by Joy Division called "love will tear us apart"

there were a few (cruel) people who "complained" about the audience's emotion during Slane and other closer concerts when Bono's father was very sick. I think it's because they are uncomfortable with it and never get to the point in their life where they can emphathise like that for another person. Sad, really.

------------------
~I want to drink from the hand of your daughter~
Bono Oakland Elevation

*U2TakeMeHigher*

Originally posted by Lemonboy:
It is never phony to have compassion and Empathy for another person!!!!
mad.gif

Amen Lemonboy!

I have downloaded the song!
didn?t like the singer though....on the other hand I would love to hear U2 doing studio cover of it!

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

-Bono in Rotterdam-

I know. This person was like, "Well, you didn't know him, so that's just stupid!" Bah!

I honestly can't understand that mindset. U2 is like a part of my family. When one of the members hurts, I hurt. So it's not just me then?

------------------

I know. This person was like, "Well, you didn't know him, so that's just stupid!" Bah!

I honestly can't understand that mindset. U2 is like a part of my family. When one of the members hurts, I hurt. So it's not just me then?

I believe that Bono appreciated our sentiments. Cancer is a fairly common disease, and I would be willing to bet that most of us know someone who has had cancer (for me, my grandfather died of lung cancer, grandmother has breast cancer, other grandmother and an aunt had breast cancer scares). It is only natural that we empathise with Bono, or anyone who, has a family member battling cancer.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Yeah...My grandmother died of cancer...

For me, it wasn't even the cancer thing. It was the loss. I mean, if Bob had been in perfect health and had gotten in a car accident or something, it would've been sad too.

Hey, I felt sad when Lisa Lopes was killed, and I never really even LIKED TLC!

------------------

emotions were definitely running high on august 21st, and part of that had to do with the fact that we knew that bono's father had passed away that morning. i honestly didn't think the show would go on... but then again, i guess that suits his personality.

i don't usually cry at concerts, however i did have tears in my eyes many times at the aug. 21st show. "kite", "one" and "with or without you" were particularly difficult to take. it's always difficult to see someone who has just lost a friend or family member- in this case, it just happened to be bono.

i also cried at the 10/24 show at MSG, when the names of the sept. 11th victims scrolled during "one". it was the first time i had seen that, and i was *shocked* at how many names there were... i just could not believe the loss of life.
frown.gif

Beat this person.

Then beat that person again.

Then beat them once more, just in case.

Was it fake when millions of people cried over the Sept. 11th tragedy?

Was it bogus when people shed a tear at the millions of Jewish people slaughtered in WWII?

Was it phoney when you offer your friend comfort over the loss of his/her relative, even though you never met that person?

Some people are so full of themselves they can't recognize nor comprehend how someone could actually care for someone other than his/herself.

That's all I'll say on this - but don't forget those beatings.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
I believe that Bono appreciated our sentiments. Cancer is a fairly common disease, and I would be willing to bet that most of us know someone who has had cancer (for me, my grandfather died of lung cancer, grandmother has breast cancer, other grandmother and an aunt had breast cancer scares). It is only natural that we empathise with Bono, or anyone who, has a family member battling cancer.

I felt so sad when i learned that Bono's dad had died of cancer.I lost my mom to that horrible disease..or whatever the heck it is.and yes, it is certainly NOT phony to have empathy for someone elses' loss..for god's sakes, whoever said that is selfish and obviously immune to that one thing all of us U2 fans have.... a kind heart.

sheesh..some people
frown.gif

------------------
Larrysgirl:)

Some people are just so closed minded! We have an emotional connection with U2. The fact that we like them, means that what they say and what they represent reaches us very deeply. How could a fan not feel for them at a time of loss? They are, in a way, a part of each one of us.

I also agree with what many of you said about not having to KNOW someone to be able to feel what they're feeling. They are human beings just like us.

Back
Top Bottom