looking for pic of bono and ali...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i'm looking for a picture that i've seen but i can't find it anywhere...i think it was from st. tropez. it's a picture of ali and bono. ali's wearing a bluish green dress and has one of those paper sun umbrellas? and bono is wearing i think a light green shirt and light colored suit. i think it was from the st. tropez trip, the same day this photo of bono was taken...at least i think this is what bono was wearing in the pic from what i remember. it's been a while since i've seen the photo though.

422674a.jpg

also does anyone know where i can find a bigger version of this photo :cute:

bonoondock.jpg

:wink:

I know exactly the Bono & Ali pic you're talking about I'm looking to see if I still have it! If not someone will :D

thanks for the pics y'all!

i think it may have been edge's wedding...although those pics aren't exactly right either. i think there was another couple with them in the pic that i'm thinking of...i just remember it being a really cute pic of the both of them and thinking that i wanted to paint it...i think i saved it somewhere on one of my dozens of backup cds but i can't find it.

i :heart: that dress ali's wearing though :drool:

getting closer but still not the right pic, i think it was just before that one was taken though maybe just after they'd gotten there? it wasn't a posed group shot.

:hmm: I never noticed it was the same shirt!
maybe one of these?

he was best man btw
bonoaliedgewedding4mt.jpg

swedding6sf.jpg

that's all I have of them both..
here are the others a little bigger
bonoboatwindhairpier2gm.jpg

bonoboatwindhair4lt.jpg

thankyou said:
There isn't a single photo, where Bono isn't holding on to Ali. So cute.

it almost looks like she's a little miffed at something in that last pic, maybe saying "bono get your arm off me!" :giggle:

Last edited:
since i still can't find the pic i was thinking of, i might paint this one instead...it's pretty :cute: too...

u2fashion-bono-wife01.jpg

:hmm:

GracelandHarley said:

No, Bono wasn't the best man. A woman was Edge's best "man" at his wedding to Morleigh... one of his best friends, as it were, though she's not famous.
where did you get that from??? of all the things I've read about it, Bono was named as Best man...

:hmm: maybe Adam used his superglue on Bono and Ali... ?

btw Abel, this is my personal fave, but maybe Bono's big mouth is a bit hard to paint :wink: and it's very small.. but they look so cute :cute:
bonoali20030sj.jpg

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:

where did you get that from??? of all the things I've read about it, Bono was named as Best man...

:hmm: maybe Adam used his superglue on Bono and Ali... ?

btw Abel, this is my personal fave, but maybe Bono's big mouth is a bit hard to paint :wink: and it's very small.. but they look so cute :cute:
bonoali20030sj.jpg

Courtesy of one who knows how to search for a thread properly:

"Invited guests included Bob Geldof, Mick Jagger, movie director Neil Jordan and the Gallagher brothers. But many of the famous invitees were unable to attend and the wedding wasprincipally a family affair with band members, their families and close friends such as supermodel Christy Turlington looking on. Befitting the ceremony’s unique theme, the Edge chose a woman to be his best man. His close friend, Chantal O’Sullivan, a successful art dealer, had the honourof holding the rings while the couple exchanged vows."

Here's the link.

http://www.u2world.com/news/article.php3?id_article=16528

Yes, that's right! Bono was best man at Edge's first wedding. I think it might have been considered bad luck for him to do it again.:shrug:

GracelandHarley said:

Courtesy of one who knows how to search for a thread properly:

"Invited guests included Bob Geldof, Mick Jagger, movie director Neil Jordan and the Gallagher brothers. But many of the famous invitees were unable to attend and the wedding wasprincipally a family affair with band members, their families and close friends such as supermodel Christy Turlington looking on. Befitting the ceremony’s unique theme, the Edge chose a woman to be his best man. His close friend, Chantal O’Sullivan, a successful art dealer, had the honourof holding the rings while the couple exchanged vows."

Here's the link.

http://www.u2world.com/news/article.php3?id_article=16528

I'm sorry but I (like GG) was convinced I read in an article at the time that Bono was indeed Edge's best man.
It may have been a french article, and it mentioned something about Bono meeting Edge halfway down in the village while Morleigh was already at the top. so Edge and his best man would have to walk the last bit together .

As for the article you cite here, there are some errors in it, so is it completely trustworthy??:shrug:

The star, whose real name is David Evans, married childhood sweetheart Aislinn in 1980. Their10-year marriage ended in tears in 1990, after the Edge admitted the pressure of touring with U2 turned him into a ’monster’. They have three children , Holly, 18, Aaron, 16 and Blue, 14. Theysplit in 1990 and officially divorced two years later.

Look at the names, Aaron is a boy's name, it should be Arun.
And Edge married the first time in 1983, not 1980.

No, Edge's daughters goes as follows:
Hollie, ARRAN, Blue Angel, Sian Beatrice Echo, and Levi.

Oh and that article is totally off. Edge DID NOT marry Aislinn in 1980. And they did NOT officially divorce in 1992, it was more like 1996-1998 era, the date of the actual legal divorce was kept very private. And the ages of the children are totally off. The first two are close in age and Blue comes trolling in a few years after the first two. Doesn't anyone remember Aislinn being a four month pregnant bride with her "first child"????
Hell-oh. :wink:

Last edited:
xtal said:
Oh and that article is totally off. Edge DID NOT marry Aislinn in 1980. And they did NOT officially divorce in 1992, it was more like 1996-1998 era, the date of the actual legal divorce was kept very private. And the ages of the children are totally off. The first two are close in age and Blue comes trolling in a few years after the first two. Doesn't anyone remember Aislinn being a four month pregnant bride with her "first child"????
Hell-oh. :wink:

:huh: I wonder what the proper thing about this is now.. weirdness!
now searching for info:
from atu2.com :
In 1983(July 12), Edge married Aislinn O'Sullivan, with whom he remained for 7 years and had three daughters: Holly (1985), Arun (1986), and Blue Angel (1989). In 1990 they separated, and in 1996 they got a legal divorce. He now has a daughter, Sian, and a son, Levi, with Morleigh Steinberg, the belly dancer and choreographer from the ZooTv Tour, whom he started dating in 1993. The two were officially married in June, 2002.

ok now on the marriage... found it!!!

June 22, 2002: Edge marries Morleigh (again)

The Edge "marries" longtime girlfriend Morleigh Steinberg in a Jewish ceremony at the Garden of Eze in the south of France. Edge wears his trademark hat with a white/cream-colored jacket over a dark shirt. Morleigh, of course, wears white. The ceremony takes place at the ruins of a medieval castle near the village where Bono and Edge also share a home. Bono is Edge's best man. It's actually the couple's second ceremony of the week -- they first tied the knot in a private ceremony four days earlier (June 18) at a Dublin registry office. (See related news story)

now what to believe :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom