Llmmmmmmmaaaooooooooooooooooooooo Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Llmmmmmmmaaaooooooooooooooooooooo Bono!

hehhawjjahwabuwhwhahhwahhhahhahha!

3691626532.jpg

apparantly he stood in front of this, ur all bound to have seen it, but by gawd ud tink he was 'Um Bongo Bono from Anti-Bonk Land'

'How!'

...a little sensitive here....but...it's okay to laugh at a funny picture, but to speak in stereotypical "slurs" like "How" and playing "cowboys & Indians"...is a tad bit racist to me...
not a real biggie, but I think people need to be aware of racist stereotypes and how damaging they are, especially to indigenous people.

ballykissangel said:
...a little sensitive here....but...it's okay to laugh at a funny picture, but to speak in stereotypical "slurs" like "How" and playing "cowboys & Indians"...is a tad bit racist to me...
not a real biggie, but I think people need to be aware of racist stereotypes and how damaging they are, especially to indigenous people.

Okay I was going to PM you, but you have it blocked so I'll just say it here.

It was not my intention to insult any group of people. The joke was aimed at Bush's how shall I say "Dan Qualyeness." The joke was more political than ethnic.

I'm sorry that you are offended, but next time if you have an issue PM me.

Point taken...it's just that this is a very diverse world and diversity should be respected as opposed to being made fun of.

Everything's fine...it's just that I once heard a commentator speaking on NPR and he was talking about how common it is for people to make racial slurs without even thinking. He had overheard some people making fun of a particular group in a coffee shop. As he was driving home, he kept thinking about the remarks, as innocent as they may have been and it occured to him that he had furthered the problem by not speaking up about how he was offended. I took a lesson from that and thus, I spoke up here...

Thanks!

ballykissangel said:
I took a lesson from that and thus, I spoke up here...

Thanks!

Hey, no harm done here either....I prefer it when people speak up (to an extent), rather than let things get to them.

I just suggested pming because I was worried that the thread would get bogged down, or people would react the wrong way to your statement.

No, it's okay, they'll just 'merge' it. The other one looks like it got kind of controversial with the heritage thing being brought up and all. I'm sure no offense was meant. It was a cute idea anyway;)

My great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee...she didn't even have a birth certificate...I love that...

But anyway...

*is Cherokee*

*is not offended by cowboys and indians*

Just my two cents...comments made in innocence like that do not bother me at all. It's kind of like when I call my black friends ghetto and they call me white trash or half-breed...we are just jokin' around...so no harm done...it's when the tone switches to malice that we have a problem...

*hugs daisy*

You still rock in my book girl!

Back
Top Bottom