little worried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

susanp6

Blue Crack Supplier
I went along with my mum to the vets yesterday, while she got her little pet cat Sweep checked. She goes on a regular basis but never for anything terribly serious.
The thing is that yesterday, the vet we saw commented that she thought she detected a fairly bad breathing problem :( I began to feel quite worried as we talked about it&she decided to give her an injection&return on Monday to see if it did the trick.
She suggested that one possibility was a feline asthma, which would be less serious. She was talking of x-rays, etc if the injection didn't have any effect. I will be hoping&praying that Sweep is going to be ok, as i love our wee pet! I am such a big cat lover&have felt equally as upset when i read about all the sad stories here at PLEBA, so i just want to ask everyone if they would wish us well that when we return to the vet on Monday, everythings all cleared up! I would really appreciate it! :(

I realise that because Sweep is a 14 year old cat, she is getting older but she normally is quite alert&greedy for her age! It doesn't stop you from being concerned even though you are aware she might not have too long in this world, but you know some cats can get to around 20. So i do hope Sweep is in this category! :wink:

awww Sweep:hug: everything will be alright. I am sure if there is something wrong they have ways of fixing it or at least making it better. Is this something new? Because if she has lived for 14 years and nothing bad has happended yet it sounds ok. I love cats...I just recently lost mine...he was 19, I had him since he was 2:(:sad: I still get sad and its been 3 months. I will keep thinking of sweep, I am sure your kitty is going to be ok:up:

Thanks so much everyone for your replies! That is so sweet! :wink:

She is actually coming to stay with me for a few days while my mum has some work done at her home, so it's all go!!

Well ,we went to see the vet today, and they said there could potentially be a problem, but it's not something that stands out, in particular at the moment.
It's strange though 'cos he said that it's quite risky for a cat to get an x-ray, and he just seemed to have an impression(saw a different vet this time)of her being a little breathless, but we reckon she's just scared&timid when she's actually there!

So, in the end he thought there wasn't quite enough signs to make him think there was anything terribly urgent, so we arranged to go along in 2 months' time, which is how regular she normally goes there! We said we'd just keep a close eye on her.

So, it's kind of like you're thinking she SHOULD be fine, but it's not quite 100%. Oh well, i can only just hope.........

Back
Top Bottom