list of bono's charities/organizations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
hey does anybody know all the charities/organizations etc that bono has been involved in for africa? like one campaign, data, drop the debt... i know im missing some and i'd like to know all of them, if possible.

so if anybody wants to help me out with my homework for tomorrow that'd be greaaaaaaaaaaaat

One organization that Bono is VERY close to that is not on the ONE partner list is The AIDS Support organization of Uganda (TASO).

TASO is the organization that Bono visited in Ugnada on his trip to Africa in May 2002.

It is where he met at least two women who have been GREAT influences on his life and personal commitment to Africa - Grace (with whom Bono sang at a TASO meeting after being so moved by her story) and Agnes Nyamayarwo, the Ugandan nurse who contracted HIV/AIDS unknowingly from her husband and who unknowingly passed the virus onto one of her children who later died of AIDS.

Agnes and Bono became such close friends that Agnes accompanied him along on the "Heart of America" tour in December 2002 that several of us PLEBAns attended and afterwards at several other DATA and ONE events. :hug:

I met Agnes in Lincoln Nebraska on World AIDS Day (1 December 2002) - the first ever public DATA event and Agnes' first speaking engagement and I found her gentleness and sincerity overwhelming.

I still remember her fondly to this day from that one meeting.

I hope she and her family are doing well.

Here the website:

http://www.tasouganda.org/ :angel:

:angel: bono! he really does have his heart in the right place. he also is against wishful thinking and actually goes out and does something about what he feels is wrong, rather than sit at home and moan about it! :hug:

hi jamila :wave:

Bono rocks. I admire what he does. He definitly is a rockstar with a conscience.

Babydoll said:
:angel: bono! he really does have his heart in the right place. he also is against wishful thinking and actually goes out and does something about what he feels is wrong, rather than sit at home and moan about it! :hug:

hi jamila :wave:

Hi Babydoll!

I just want you to know that I enjoy your posts in PLEBA very much.

I agree with you completely about Bono.

You just can't get much better in this world.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Jamila said:

I still remember her fondly to this day from that one meeting.

:yes: Agnes is absolutely amazing. I feel truly blessed to have met her. I gave her a big hug, but I think it was her strength that rubbed off on me. Whenever people ask me about my experiences hearing Bono speak, I make sure to tell them all about Agnes!

Another one of the organizations that Bono has been associated with in Africa is Nelson Mandela's Foundation to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS and extreme poverty in South Africa.

Here's the link:

http://www.46664.com

If y'all remember the 46664 concert that Bono and Edge performed at in Nov. 2003 in South Africa, then you'll remember this organization. :up:

Pharmaciens Sans Frontieres... :whistle: :shifty:

No, just joking... but I am trying my best to get him involved, or just to know about us, thoug! :nerd: :wink:

On the more serious side, and to answer the question, have you thought about Live Aid and Live 8? And under HEARTS+MINDS at u2.com you can read about the organizations/charities that U2 support (DATA, The Chernobyl Children's Project, Amnesty International, One, Free Burma!, Greenpeace and (RED))...

Back
Top Bottom