Lisbon pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
57dd4d6c.jpg

c0532571.jpg

c4c6cffa.jpg

Bono's Tart said:

Fortunately it didnt spoil the concert for me, but I wasnt at the front like the other 8 concerts and I couldnt get my daughter nearer but as it happened it didnt matter anyway as she went backstage and watched a lot of the gig from the side of the stage.

BT,What do you mean exactly by backstage??

Did security take you and your girl out of the audience?
I didn't think there was a backstage as you can't see anything from behind the big wall??

greety said:

BT,What do you mean exactly by backstage??

Did security take you and your girl out of the audience?
I didn't think there was a backstage as you can't see anything from behind the big wall??

Where we were stood there was a large black screened off area where a lot of the VIP came from and Ali walked out of.
Security and a lady from the PM team took Olivia to the side of the main stage as they wanted her to go on stage and give Bono a kiss!! But he was going on for so long then went into the song she never got her chance but was very happy as Edge waved to her!!

She is only 8 years old and very cute and some of the management had been watching her singing and dancing from the beginning of the gig.

LostAtMoon said:

It shouldn’t have happened because our moods were not the same after that. I’m happy to know that you enjoyed it anyway and that your daughter was safe in the middle of all that madness.
It was the first time I was so close and that is why it was so special to me.

The photos are great remind me of ours from all the UK gigs!!:wink:

Glad you managed to get near as there really is nothing quite like it!

My daughter had an amazing experience and was thrilled with her special treatment from some very nice people.

I am pleased that you enjoyed it and thanks for understanding what I was saying in my posting.:hug:

LostAtMoon said:
Thank you Kelly. :drool: :bow:
That cardboard was used in Portugal to promote the book “Bono in Conversation” and the guys in the group of people I was with (the ones you can see in http://u2tourbus.blogspot.com) took it to the show [we did have a lot of fun with that cardboard while waiting for the show to begin:wink:].
After “I Will Follow” the person holding that cardboard pulled it up, Bono saw it and laughed out loud (the look on his face was too funny and I’ll never forget it). After “Electric Co” began he came near us, he grabbed it and you already know what he did to it (by the way he let go of it, I felt he was acting like one of his other alter egos despising the figure of Bono on the cardboard).

I think you had a great time!
Do you know Tina, a belgian girl who has some great pics up at the Zoo? she mentions your bus load and I think she hung out with some of you.

here's a link to her pics, they are worth having a look, also her comments are great

http://www.u2.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1371899&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

It's in the general section,so everyone can access it.
She also has a reciew up but it's in dutch so I guess that won't help anyone around here. (i'd translate but it is so looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg):D

She did say that she was the last person who had that big bono cut out in her hands before it reached him. the reaching gave her muscle pain lol, but I'm sure she didn't mind :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom