Lisbon pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Image116.jpg

Image117.jpg

LostAtMoon said:
Thank you Kelly. :drool: :bow:
That cardboard was used in Portugal to promote the book “Bono in Conversation” and the guys in the group of people I was with (the ones you can see in http://u2tourbus.blogspot.com) took it to the show [we did have a lot of fun with that cardboard while waiting for the show to begin:wink:].
After “I Will Follow” the person holding that cardboard pulled it up, Bono saw it and laughed out loud (the look on his face was too funny and I’ll never forget it). After “Electric Co” began he came near us, he grabbed it and you already know what he did to it (by the way he let go of it, I felt he was acting like one of his other alter egos despising the figure of Bono on the cardboard).

I just got home from the concert. I did not sleep and I can’t seem to be able to do it right now because of the adrenaline and all the excitement of the concert of my life:hyper: :hyper: :crazy: . It was so great that I just can’t believe that I was there (right in front of the main stage in the fifth row, even closer than I was in Madrid). There’s not much I can say right now except the band was amazing, everything was so amazing!

I took my camera but I opted to enjoy the show instead of worrying with the pictures. I have very few that I took and some that my brother shoot before the camera went out of batteries because I had forgotten to bring the extra ones :reject:. I will upload and post them later today.

OK can you please explain to me how the vast majority of your bus thought it was a great idea to push into the queue in Madrid when you all arrived??
Or did I miss something is that what queues are for??
I am not saying you personally did, but around 40 of the people off your bus pushed in we had been there since around 7.30 along with many others. When we said dont push in we assume we were told to F** O**not being able to quite understand what was going on!:|
This attitude was the final straw for me at Madrid and after enduring bossy line nazi's telling us to put our names on lists that were never going to work at 10am I left.

After 24 years of going to U2 concerts that was a first for me feeling that I had to leave a GA queue, which I am glad I did as I understand that everyone stormed the queue around 10.30?

I have to say that I didnt see your anme on the back of any of the tshirts I saw but I can remember plenty!!

I hope that this doesnt happen in Boston in December.:( :(

LostAtMoon you certainly were very close! Edge :drool: Thanks to both you and Kelly for posting!

The cardboard cutout is hilarious.. and I agree.. it will definitly be something folks will remember :)

Last edited:
After “I Will Follow” the person holding that cardboard pulled it up, Bono saw it and laughed out loud (the look on his face was too funny and I’ll never forget it). After “Electric Co” began he came near us, he grabbed it and you already know what he did to it (by the way he let go of it, I felt he was acting like one of his other alter egos despising the figure of Bono on the cardboard).

LostAtMoon, I think you have a good insight what Bono might have been doing with his "alter-ego".

Hopefully Bono wasn't so much despising his alter-ego, but embracing it and then giving it back to the audience to love as much as he does.

I love the pic of the cardboard Bono standing in the midst of the audience (with the headscarf on).

If I saw that from the stage, I'd jump back a bit too!:lol:

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Bono's Tart said:

OK can you please explain to me how the vast majority of your bus thought it was a great idea to push into the queue in Madrid when you all arrived??
Or did I miss something is that what queues are for??
I am not saying you personally did, but around 40 of the people off your bus pushed in we had been there since around 7.30 along with many others. When we said dont push in we assume we were told to F** O**not being able to quite understand what was going on!:|
This attitude was the final straw for me at Madrid and after enduring bossy line nazi's telling us to put our names on lists that were never going to work at 10am I left.

After 24 years of going to U2 concerts that was a first for me feeling that I had to leave a GA queue, which I am glad I did as I understand that everyone stormed the queue around 10.30?

I have to say that I didnt see your anme on the back of any of the tshirts I saw but I can remember plenty!!

I hope that this doesnt happen in Boston in December.:( :(

We were fifty and I wasn’t wearing my t-shirt – I was holding it in my hand.
Why are you saying that it was us? Probably because of the t-shirts.
I had just taken a sit on the sidewalk when I heard that someone had broken the barriers and started running to the beginning of the line. I went back to my place on the line and, in the meantime, everybody else started running (and so did I) passing through people who apparently had spent the night there.:| I felt sorry for those people who were starring at us like they couldn’t believe what was going on – but neither could we. What were we supposed to do under the circumstances?
Security in Madrid was shameless. :madspit: We have been told until the end that we were going to enter the stadium according to our positions on the lists. I had a number marked on my arm and I still remember it was 1172. Those numbers were good for nothing. The truth was they didn’t have a clue about what was going to happen. They had already lost control, if they ever had it.

I’m really sorry that you had to leave. It was a fantastic show and yes I got a place very close to the main stage.

I’m glad nothing like that happened in Lisbon. Security was very coordinated, nobody had to run. I wasn’t on a list, but I got my place in the front with no stress.:)

LostAtMoon said:

We were fifty and I wasn’t wearing my t-shirt – I was holding it in my hand.
Why are you saying that it was us? Probably because of the t-shirts.
I had just taken a sit on the sidewalk when I heard that someone had broken the barriers and started running to the beginning of the line. I went back to my place on the line and, in the meantime, everybody else started running (and so did I) passing through people who apparently had spent the night there.:| I felt sorry for those people who were starring at us like they couldn’t believe what was going on – but neither could we. What were we supposed to do under the circumstances?
Security in Madrid was shameless. :madspit: We have been told until the end that we were going to enter the stadium according to our positions on the lists. I had a number marked on my arm and I still remember it was 1172. Those numbers were good for nothing. The truth was they didn’t have a clue about what was going to happen. They had already lost control, if they ever had it.

I’m really sorry that you had to leave. It was a fantastic show and yes I got a place very close to the main stage.

I’m glad nothing like that happened in Lisbon. Security was very coordinated, nobody had to run. I wasn’t on a list, but I got my place in the front with no stress.:)

Thanks for your response.

There wasnt any security that was the problem, but thats exactly what I mean you arrived way after me yet you had a lower number!!! :huh:
We tried to tell them all the list wouldnt work but some fans think they know best.

Fortunately it didnt spoil the concert for me, but I wasnt at the front like the other 8 concerts and I couldnt get my daughter nearer but as it happened it didnt matter anyway as she went backstage and watched a lot of the gig from the side of the stage.

Bono's Tart said:

Fortunately it didnt spoil the concert for me, but I wasnt at the front like the other 8 concerts and I couldnt get my daughter nearer but as it happened it didnt matter anyway as she went backstage and watched a lot of the gig from the side of the stage.

It shouldn’t have happened because our moods were not the same after that. I’m happy to know that you enjoyed it anyway and that your daughter was safe in the middle of all that madness.
It was the first time I was so close and that is why it was so special to me.

Back
Top Bottom