Lily's Bordello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You wont find it with the address cos itts in a littl street opening from Grafton (next to the McDonalds), and the Restaurants name isnt written. Only after 11 o clock tic toc, they change a banner at te top of the street, signing that the bar is open... uhh its tooooo late for writing.... sorry for the errors... khhh...khhh....

Thanks for all the info...I had no idea it was a members only club. Just thought it would be a nice stop for a cocktail during my visit to Dublin in a couple weeks.

[random] Ballykissangel - I loved that show - I watched the repeats on RTE [/random]

:wave:

oliveu2cm said:
I'm not a member and I got in :shifty:

Alright, spit it out! How did you get in? *grabs a piece of papaer and a pen*

Give me the details: who did you bribe? How much did you ahvr to pay? :lol:

Id love to go there one of these nights!

well first of all, I didn't know it was members-only, so I walked a bit past the bouncers w/ no hesitation. Then one called me (and my gf was w/ me) back. He told me it was a members-only club "Oh really? :flirt: :(") and rather than walk away I just said "well, if I was a nonmember, how would I go about getting in?" and he told me I'd have to join (for like 3000 euros or something :lol: ) or get a member to bring me in.

so I say, "but my friend is celebrating his birthday in there, and I'd really like to join him- I'm on vacation from America and I won't be around too much." or something like that, just rambling. He told us both to pay him $10, and he let us in. :wave:

btw, my "friend" having his birthday was the edge. :lol: :shifty: It was an okay club, very pretentious. The only people who talked to us was this young flamboyant guy named Paul (ironic) and his long-haired blond friend, whom I can't remember the name of. It reminded me of a young Bono & Guggi! I did see Guggi there, but only briefly.

oliveu2cm said:
well first of all, I didn't know it was members-only, so I walked a bit past the bouncers w/ no hesitation. Then one called me (and my gf was w/ me) back. He told me it was a members-only club "Oh really? :flirt: :(") and rather than walk away I just said "well, if I was a nonmember, how would I go about getting in?" and he told me I'd have to join (for like 3000 euros or something :lol: ) or get a member to bring me in.

so I say, "but my friend is celebrating his birthday in there, and I'd really like to join him- I'm on vacation from America and I won't be around too much." or something like that, just rambling. He told us both to pay him $10, and he let us in. :wave:

btw, my "friend" having his birthday was the edge. :lol: :shifty: It was an okay club, very pretentious. The only people who talked to us was this young flamboyant guy named Paul (ironic) and his long-haired blond friend, whom I can't remember the name of. It reminded me of a young Bono & Guggi! I did see Guggi there, but only briefly.

So I'm not missing much, am I? :| ( I hate pretentious places! :madspit: )

oliveu2cm said:

omg thats so cool :applaud:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

So I'm not missing much, am I? :| ( I hate pretentious places! :madspit: )

not really! The bar itself is gorgeous and very posh- all red velvety stuff and gold decorations, and the bar is STACKED- everywhere else I went was mainly a pub with only beer, this bar had every liquor you would want :drool: But apparently the place is a hot spot for a lot of Irish soap stars, youngish pl, most women disappeared when they turned sideways and the guys were so snobby it was funny! I suspect B and his gang chill in the "VIP" section, which is roped off anyway. there's a dance floor, but it's itty bitty.

oliveu2cm said:

not really! The bar itself is gorgeous and very posh- all red velvety stuff and gold decorations, and the bar is STACKED- everywhere else I went was mainly a pub with only beer, this bar had every liquor you would want :drool:

I know the feeling! I've been dying to get my hands on a decent glass of Mojito, but every single pub I go to I hear: No, sorry I don't know how to make it or No, sorry we only have beer, whiskey vodka or after shots...:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom