Light subject for girls : clothes ! ! !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissMaCo

Rock n' Roll Doggie
First, I want to say that I'm not the kind of girl to be dressed in the latest fashion (I think I'm much more classical actually), but I was wondering...
What's fashionable for this summer in your country ? Here in France, we have different sorts of things and some are not very nice...
The fashionable colours for this summer are pink, orange, turquoise and other very flashy colours. (I've spent the winter in black, blue or grey, so it's gonna be a hard summer for me ! :wink: ).
What's fashionable too is dotted clothes, (black&white) and ballet shoes of all sorts of colours (I have to admit that some are very pretty). I've also seen pink short trousers (when it's light pink, it can be nice), and also some sorts of Tunisian tunics that you wear over your trousers.
How is the fashion in your country girls ?

I live in Texas so is is hot a lot, probably dresses. But this is funny, I just waer whatever and I hate dresses. lol! MissMac your summer clothes in Frenc seem pretty and cool. :cute:

pink is very fashionable at the moment here in the UK too, MisMacCo

and vintage style, and flower prints

Oh - and the ballet shoes too!

I've just come out of a job which I suppose you could say was in the fashion industry, and I had to spend a lot of time studying trends!

I :heart: the vintage trends at the moment. But I just tend to live in jeans and t shirts, cos I'm lazy!

um... I keep seeing the bright colors thing, but I haven't noticed the ballet shoes. Maybe they haven't made it here yet. Indiana is usually about the last places that new fashions hit :lol:

What I've noticed that's NOT in fashion is sleeves. I like a sleeveless shirt just as much as the next girl, but I'd really like to have the option to buy one with sleeves, and I can't find any. It's driving me crazy.

All the young girls like my teenage niece are into spaghetti strap tops and hiphugger shorts (called lowriders now?) This shows their bare midriff, even if they haven't got the bod for it :uhoh:

I KNOW I don't have the bod for it. I just got me some sundresses, they're lightweight, pretty and easy to wear in hot weather. I like jeans shorts and short sleeved shirts too, even sleeveless ones.

A lot of cute stuff has come back in this year like eyelet and lace material and fluffy little blouses in pastel colors. But there is also a lot of black with fluorescent colors written on it. There are tiny little skirts without wastebands in denim or bright colors, and hotpants! Damn I wish I was a teenager again! :sad:

But the ugliest thing I've ever seen this year is the 'boy shorts' which are pants that are supposed to look like boys' underpants that girls wear as outer shorts. I hate them.

Here it's tanktops and t-shirts with shorts or capri pants and flip flop sandals. Lots of bright colours...I like pink myself so i've got me some pink Kangaroo trainers :D They look really cute when I wear my jean skirt and my pink shirts :D

56961-d.jpg

Last edited:
I guess this shows how much I don't follow fashion because I have no idea. :confused: I just wear what I like and can buy. I guess I've noticed a lot of flowy, biased cut spaghetti strap dresses, and halter-top sun dresses the flare out at the hips. (Surprised I could come up with this at all!)

It's pretty basic/casual around here but you see alot of color and alot more feminine girly style clothes right now. Pink and green are popular colorwise.

When it's warm I mostly wear cotton skirts and a tee or tank with sandals. I did get a pair of black ballet flats that I love and have work alot. Other than that it's mostly jeans or a denim mini with a tank or tee. I got some really cool wedge espadrille sandals that I've been wearing alot. My fashion philosophy is that whatever I buy I have to be able to wear with jeans or a basic tee and I will mix just about anything with either one.

we have everything here :D...

but now you can find a lot of "punk" style here... you know...

I like colour. i like to wear striped socks, neon tights (is that the word? i'm not sure) baby T-shirts with cartoon prints, a lot of collars and bracelets, mini skirts, soldier boots, beanies, sometimes i wear baggy pants. I mix a lot of stuff : gothic, punk, hip hop, I think that music has been an influence.

Sometimes I just go to the basic thing but there's always accesories and the make up (I like black eyeliner :reject: )

Man! Don't talk about clothes!

The last couple of months have been pretty hectic for my credit card. I've been shopping non stop. My friends say I'm going through an acute "shopping attack". :lol:

I think I have bought almost every item in this shop (except fr stretch because i hate it):

http://www.portsaid.com.ar/site/2004_coleccion.asp?categoria=19

And this is just the autumm/winter colection, so imagine all the other stuff I bought in summer... :shifty:

Portsaid clothes seem great indeed. Are they expensive ? We don't have that brand in France, at least I've never found it...
Just post a pic of you with your brand new damned cool clothes !
:yes:
Marie

i love this thread! I love clothes...I live in Upstate New York and we are pretty much influenced by the New York City fashions

Right now the "layering" effect is huge, wearing a couple of tank tops in different colors at the same time..it's cute! The colors are all pinks and greens and lavender...heaven!

We have the ballet shoe too and in every color to go with any outfit!

I love shoes and accessories too and the hot thing now is the sparkly big heart on a silver necklace, or your initial in sparkles...

have a great day everyone! :happy:

MissMaCo said:
Portsaid clothes seem great indeed. Are they expensive ? We don't have that brand in France, at least I've never found it...
Just post a pic of you with your brand new damned cool clothes !
:yes:
Marie

:lol: I'll see what I can do about those pics....

And you ahve to see the pair of shoes I bougth! They are so :love:

I'm in medieval re-enactment and spend more money on costumes than I do on real clothes. :lmao: :lmao: I like simple plain blouses and mostly skirts since it's really hot and humid. I need to get new outfits for work next month.

I am really into Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe clothes... trendy and affordable :drool:

I have even started selling some on ebay.. they are quite popular :up:

First of all, this pic doesn't do any just to my lovely pair of shoes.

That is not my leg by the way. it's my sister's who offered to model the shoes. LOL

The shoe looks horrible on her because her feet are smaller than mine so it looks awfully big on her... hehehe

I'll try to post a different pic later on

BFotos_113.jpg

When I'm not teaching I work for The Limited. What's popular right now is bright color, layering, see through stuff, those hideous, short ruffle skirts, crops and capris and flip flops. I have yet to see colored ballet shoes. I don't wear flats unless they're flip flops so I doubt I would buy them. :D I like to be tall.
Anyway, could someone post what these ballet shoes look like. I'm curious now...:wink:

Sicy said:
I am really into Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe clothes... trendy and affordable :drool:

I love those stores! I also love H&M. I just spent a grand total of two paychecks there on Saturday. :ohmy: Oh well, I might not be too into fashion, but I love new clothes.

Back
Top Bottom