Life On A Silent Planet - 1979

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh. My. God. :lol: Youtube is my new best friend. That was hilarious. Sometimes you have to wonder what on earth they were thinking back then. :D

wow! i've never even heard of this song and i have been a fan since 83 (yes, im older than dirt). it was great to see but .... HUH?????

Re: Re: Life On A Silent Planet - 1979

JCOSTER said:

OMG u were just doing what I was: I just posted this in the bono scrumptious video thread.

great minds.. :wink:

bf39091e.jpg

230312a5.jpg

b854d712.jpg

2dd7c8c2.jpg

yeter said:
wow! i've never even heard of this song and i have been a fan since 83 (yes, im older than dirt). it was great to see but .... HUH?????

I think this one also goes by The Magic Carpet.:|

^^ Bono gloves :giggle:

Does anybody here watch MadTV? Did anyone else immediately think of Dot? :lol:

Oh lord, that is hysterical!!! I forgot about the gloves! That was one of my favorite songs during my angsty teen years, too! :reject:

You see something like this, and you realize the time has come to pause and reflect on Gwenda Evans -- how she was never anything but completely supportive of her son and his friends, and how she must have awakened every hour and a half during the night to take a Gelusil!

They were, you're right, to my eyes and ears, it wasn't the band, but BONO. The gloves, the mannerisms, the accent, I guess we're all blessed that our growing pains weren't recorded for posterity like his, but at the same time, we weren't blessed with his friendships and houses and cash reserves, so it all comes out in the wash!!:wink:

And many like to forget that, when U2 first came out, they were considered dorks, big time, especially Adam. I know it's blasphemous to report here, but it is true!

I have never seen that video before. Thanks for the link kafrun! That website is my new best friend too!
Bono's hair! :ohmy: I would like to see his big blue eyes better.
I thought Adam acted pretty cool but Bono acts like a dork except when he does a v over his eyes with his hands, that was :drool:

Madtv was on last night and Dot was on it :lmao: That show is really good and so funny.

Last edited:
FEELINNUMB said:
You see something like this, and you realize the time has come to pause and reflect on Gwenda Evans -- how she was never anything but completely supportive of her son and his friends, and how she must have awakened every hour and a half during the night to take a Gelusil!

Ha, that's a great observation. And not only a son in THIS band, but another son in a band that no doubt had her scratching her head even more.

Big hug for Mrs. Edge!

:hug:

:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom