lessons in Love pt 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
ack I think I am coming down with the flu or a head cold.. so this ws all I could write.. want my brain to be clear for the next part.. so should have it in a couple of days when I feel better

Antonia had volunteered to help Seamus out a few days a week in the Pub, helping in the kitchen with the food and serving customers.

Seamus had been a bit dubious about it at first, but Antonia told him to think of it as part of her therapy of getting used to being among people again and relating to others, besides the fact she was started to get bored just sitting around the house all day and wanted to feel useful, so in the end Seamus reluctantly agreed to let her help him out a few hours a day.

The doctors were pleased she was making steady progress, and that she seemed to be well on her way to wanting to live a meaningful life again, but they were also aware there were issues she still had to deal with, but she was getting there one step at a time.

Antonia found she quite liked helping out in the pub, she had become familar with most of the locals and felt almost like a part of the small community..it was so different from her life back in London.. which seemed somehow unreal now. She was just idly pondering on this whilst she was cleaning down the bar counter one not so busy afternoon in the pub when Bono strolled in,

"Hey Toni, you really look the part behind that bar counter" he greeted her with a grin, he had gotten into the habit of calling her by the same shortened version of her name as Seamus used

"Hi Bono" she smiled "I think I make a good barmaid actually.. wonder should I consider a career in it?" she mused

"Well you can pull my pints anyday darlin' if y'know what I mean?" Bono teased insinuatingly, leaning on the barcounter winking lecherously at her making her giggle and take a friendly swipe at his arm with her cleaning cloth

"You are a bad'un Bono.. trying to propostion me like that, and me a good innocent girl too" she returned playfully.

At that moment Seamus appeared from the back, and just caught Antonia's remark, he smiled to himself, seeing Antonia responding to Bono's teasing in that way, was not something she would usually do around people as she was rather reserved. He seen it as a sign of her feeling good about herself again and the building up of her once shattered confidence, and decided to join in the fun

"Hey whats going on here, whats all this about propositioning? Are you up to something with my new barmaid?" he demanded sending a mock glare in Bono's direction making Antonia laugh.

"Who me?" Bono was wide eyed but grinning "I wouldn't do a thing like that now..but actually if there is anyone I am putting a proposition to its you actually.. thats why I'm here" he finished on a more serious note

"Oh yeah? whats up?" Seamus enquired

"Well you know there is the big game final on this evening and I got tickets to go" Bono started to explain "Edge was suppose to come with me only he and Larry had to go back to Dublin on some business at the last minute and can't make it now, Adam isn't interesteed in going, so i was wondering if you wanna come along with me seeing I have a spare ticket on the go"

"Aww damn!" Seamus exclaimed "I would love to go with you, but I can't, Toni here will tell you, Pat's mother in law has been taking bad, and is in hospital and I promised to run her and her husband up in my car this evening"

"Oh I see" Bono replied "I hope its nothing to serious" he then added in concern

"She has been ill a while now with her heart" Seamus explained "Don't know how its going to go.. but sorry I can't be with you tonight, I wouldnt mind going to see the big final.. it promises to be a good game"

"Yeah, well it can't be helped, you have more important things to do I understand.. I can find someone else to go with me" Bono replied, then his blue eyes came to rest on Antonia.

"What about you, fancy coming with me to watch a good game of Irish football?" he enquired

"Who me?, I don't even know anything about english football, never mind Irish" Antonia pointed out laughing

"Well then maybe you could do with some educating" Bono replied grinning, and Antonia realised he was serious about wanting her to go with him

"But I wouldnt have a clue what was going on" she then pointed out

"I will explain it to you as it goes along, its not complicated, c'mon come along with me for the fun of it..you might enjoy yourself"

"Oh I dunno" Antonia replied uncertainly... like I said I don't know much about football"

"Then just come to keep me company" Bono suggested.

"Yeah, thats an idea" Seamus now piped in "Why don't you go with him, after all it will save you being in the house tonight by yourself seeing I will be away"

"There ya go" Bono smiled, "the perfect solution, so what do you say?"

"Well I guess so, if you are really in that bad of need for company ok" she finally give in, realising Bono wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"Great" Bono beamed happily "I will pick you up in a few hours time.. and believe me you will have fun" he assured her.

Antonia just smiled not sure what to expect, wondering what she had let herself in for.........

I am totally taken in by this story, you are a wonderful writer!!! Feel better soon!

Back
Top Bottom