Leopard Alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
This has been driving me BONKERS. In "Big Girls," Can anyone tell me WTF Bono says after his Noises?

It sounds like "HUEVO!!!" Which is EGG in Spanish.

Now I thought this was either a failed translation of EDGE into Spanish or a plea to Ali to add another bunk to the child corral.

Please tell me what he's saying.

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?I'm becoming a male MONA? ~ScottPhisto

"I still believe that you're the Smut Messiah"
The Man Corral

I just listened to it over and over again.. but I can't figure it out. It sounds like it could be "HUEVO!", which would be funny. Now you've got me all curious... I want to know!

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

It's about Ali. He wrote it about her when she was pregnant. That's about all I know. But sooooooo cute!

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
It's about Ali. He wrote it about her when she was pregnant. That's about all I know. But sooooooo cute!

That's cool! I know Edge had a couple of other things to say about the song ... where did you get the info? I've heard it's about a pregnant Ali (or pregnant women in general) numerous times, but I haven't been able to find out when Bono said that. Help me out?

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

Um, I don't get the title of the thread - why Leopard Alert? You're gonna give Elizabeth a false alarm!

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's mesh shirt
And now for something completely different...
Fortune cookie lyrics!
"Live your life filled with joy and wonder"
"Faith lies in the ways of sin"
"The future is no place to place your better days"

Originally posted by numbededge:
Um, I don't get the title of the thread - why Leopard Alert? You're gonna give Elizabeth a false alarm!

LOL. I think Mona is saying that Bono sounds like a leopard when he makes *that* noise. But I could be wrong. She might just be sniffing glue again.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
That's cool! I know Edge had a couple of other things to say about the song ... where did you get the info? I've heard it's about a pregnant Ali (or pregnant women in general) numerous times, but I haven't been able to find out when Bono said that. Help me out?

A few weeks ago someone posted a thread about the target Cd and had raised the same question about the meaning of the song. I posted some information about the song that I got from a book that explains the meaning behind U2 songs. I tried to look for this thread last night, but I could not find it to bump it. I think i have it saved on my home computer, if i can find it I will post it tonight.
smile.gif

Originally posted by WildHonee:
This has been driving me BONKERS. In "Big Girls," Can anyone tell me WTF Bono says after his Noises?

It sounds like "HUEVO!!!" Which is EGG in Spanish.

Now I thought this was either a failed translation of EDGE into Spanish or a plea to Ali to add another bunk to the child corral.

Please tell me what he's saying.

Hahaha, it does sound like huevo.
If I were a singer, I'd say weird things like that, just for the hell of it.

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
A few weeks ago someone posted a thread about the target Cd and had raised the same question about the meaning of the song. I posted some information about the song that I got from a book that explains the meaning behind U2 songs. I tried to look for this thread last night, but I could not find it to bump it. I think i have it saved on my home computer, if i can find it I will post it tonight.
smile.gif

Yes, I have that book! However, I just looked for it and cannot find it. Which is really annoying. But it was a great quote, something to do with 'stick insects.' I hope someone tracks it down!

------------------

~Bono, Detroit

Are y'all talking about when he says, "HEY MAMA"? Or is that the wrong part? That's the only part that I can think of at the moment- I'll have to listen to it again.

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **

ROFL!!!!!! I don't sniff glue!!!!!! LMAO

No, a leopard is a misheard lyric.

HUEVO!!!!!!

------------------

"I still believe that you're the Smut Messiah" The Man Corral

No, a leopard is a misheard lyric.

HUEVO!!!!!!

Mona, what part of the song is do you hear "Huevo", you know what is the min. in the song? I think it is very funny that there is a chance that Bono is singing about eggs.
biggrin.gif

BTW, I never had a hard time understanding what Bono said in One, until I starting reading about Leopards in PLEBA. Now, everytime I hear One I now hear "leopards".
wink.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:

Mona, what part of the song is do you hear "Huevo", you know what is the min. in the song? I think it is very funny that there is a chance that Bono is singing about eggs.
biggrin.gif

BTW, I never had a hard time understanding what Bono said in One, until I starting reading about Leopards in PLEBA. Now, everytime I hear One I now hear "leopards".
wink.gif

Gah....I don't know where U27 is right now. But it's in the beginning.

I guess MAYBE he could be saying "well mama"....MAYBE.

MAYBE.

------------------

"I still believe that you're the Smut Messiah" The Man Corral

Sweety, you thought your smoke alarm was named Bono. You're sniffing/doing something.
wink.gif

J/K!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

MESH RULES!!!!!

Love,
Emily

Originally posted by madonna's child:

Sweety, you thought your smoke alarm was named Bono. You're sniffing/doing something.
wink.gif

J/K!
biggrin.gif

ROFL!!!!!! That was BEFORE I nearly set the school on fire.

Em...well 1I did have a couple massive egg rolls today.

SOMEWHERE. EDGE IS BLUSHING.

------------------

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono

The Man Corral

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
it sounds like he's saying baby...

I just listened, and I agree. It sounds like "baby" with a really weird Bono accent.
smile.gif

Also, I tracked down my copy of the Niall Stokes book, and here's what Edge said about the song:

"I think when Bono talks about big girls, he means large girls -- not big-breasted, or anything like that. He's talking about women who aren't stick insects."

Edge goes on to say that they finished it up in 15 minutes in L.A., and it's pretty tongue-in-cheek and throw-away. I still want to know if Bono ever talked about it being for a pregnant Ali, though! Niall Stokes does discuss the "mama" vibe.

------------------

~Bono, Detroit

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
I just listened, and I agree. It sounds like "baby" with a really weird Bono accent.
smile.gif

yay! maybe i was right then!
biggrin.gif

btw thanks elizabeth for those haikus in the scavenger hunt thang...hope you don't mind me using part of it for my sig! hehe

------------------
and your heart beats so slow through the sleet and driving snow, across the fields of mourning lights in the distance...
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth
ME!

We should vote then.

HANDS OR SECRET BALLOT?

Let's first vote on voting method.

and then we have
1. HUEVO!
2. Well, mama
3. BABY weirdly

lol does anyone have Bono's phone #?!

------------------

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono

The Man Corral

lol does anyone have Bono's phone #?!

If I had Bono's phone number would I be here?
biggrin.gif

------------------

MESH RULES!!!!!

Love,
Emily

Egg......baby.....either way.

------------------

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona

The Man Corral

Back
Top Bottom