"Leave us alone, we are in love!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm got them back this afternoon!!

Stupid woman in the post office must have put the postage on the SENDER side and guess what I got them back!!!

I will take them again tomorrow and try again!!
Sorry!!:huh: :huh:

a possible question

Larry's Lush said:
but I do take offence when BT is indirectly accused of not helping others, that's my sister you are talking about.
Peace to all who are u2 fans.

Hi LL,

about 99x's out of 100 is how I'd be defending my sis if someone was slagging her {and visa vera}, as you defended BT. Good for you. :up: :hug:

I didn't know you were sister's , I love your user names together :laugh: , they are delightfully funny.

I have a question I'd like either of you to possibly consider asking one of the guys. I had asked Em a little while before her projected last studio visits before vacation. With all the upsetting stuff that happened in those last visits, if she had considered asking, it could of flown out of her memory with all that was going on{ understandable}.

I was an avid reader of New York Rocker magazine circa ?76/77 - 82ish {went out of business around then}.

I'd love to find out whether they ever read it?

so what is NYR to me and more so to U2 ?

NYR was one of the premier NEW magazines that covered the new wave/punk scene at CBGB's pretty earlier on. Then they expanded their coverage of bands influences by those bands to the our tri-stae area {ny, nj & con}, then other Big Cities/nearby suburbs, USA, then Great Britain/Ireland and the rest of Europe. Later on th3y also brought some of original 'old school' Hip-Hop {Suger Hill Gang, Fab FIve Freddy, Grand Master FLAsh Africa Bambata} to white people in general in ? '81ish. ANd showing them some of the earliest white/black group links when Talking Heads were influenced by these HipHop folks.

Anyway Ifirst read about U2 in NYR. The commentary was very intriguing. I don't remeber whether it was the Live [in GB] review or the U2 Interview that followed that I saw first. But each informed and reinforced my interest towards this new band.

The interview they did in NYR was one of the very first to be done by a USA mag. It was actually done before their firstUSA tour ever. They are asked "how do you feel about your first upcoming American tour".

We know U2 was quite influenced by The Ramones, Patti Smoth Group and Television.

I wonder if reading about them in NYR even before thier music got to Ireland/on to the radio there, alerted them? It would also be cool to know that for me, because I was also an occasional artistic contributor to it . And to know that they were as fans reading it at the same time I was a fan of the same bands.

And WOW, let me tell you it was a thrill :love: to see my work in there, contributing to a magazine I really enjoyed and doing art work related to bands I really were fans of!

If you are willing to give this a go, I'd appreiciate so much. I was even considering asking "the Answer Guy' about it, until Em came along, and started to make her offer .

Last edited:
Bono's Tart said:
Erm got them back this afternoon!!

Stupid woman in the post office must have put the postage on the SENDER side and guess what I got them back!!!

I will take them again tomorrow and try again!!
Sorry!!:huh: :huh:

Oh Julie, that's a new one! Although nothing the post office does anymore surprises me!! Speak to you soon.

emilie/missu2 - I'm a newbie on this forum and I don't know you at all but from reading this thread, it is obvious that you are kind, generous, and do alot for other fans - in helping meet the band, getting autographs, posting experiences here etc. ( for those of us who haven't & have met the band). *applause* :applaud:

You've every right to be upset by naysayers, and I'm glad to see others here have stuck up for you. Hopefully you will not stop doing those things, and not just for others but for yourself too, for whatever you may get from assisting fans or meeting U2. I could say alot about the negative posts & aggressive fans etc. but most of you have done that already.

On another note, I was very surprised to hear you haven't been to a U2 concert ! :shocked: You're lucky in spite of that & negative people because the band knows & acknowledges you. :D Not many can say that!!! Anyway I hope you get to go to one soon, and because you deserve the royal treatment!!!

I also just wanted to say, thanks & I loved hearing emilie, Su, BT and others' stories in this thread. And a couple other things :
a) like others wished the photos were here ( but I understand not doing so)

b) Emilie/ missu2 - are you going to Live8 Paris, London or G8murrayfield concerts (all free but had to txt)?

c) maybe everyone at interference ( website and forum) can pool resources to send emilie to a local U2 concert, and given all her work here... :) (as its not too hard to find face value tix out there & in other forums)? I know others haven't all gone but just an idea..... what'd you all think?

thank you p8ru2 :hugs: i am blushing :blush: what you said is really nice!

i was supposed to go to the dublin gig in june, but i had to cancel... so finally, i am just going to the gig in Nice... i would like to go to one of the live8 but i dunno how to do lol and i guess i don't have enough money anyway...

some of you were wondering what was going on with me...

well, some of you may know... i am not in dublin.... i was supposed to be since last september but i stayed in france for my boyfriend... and then, not enough money to go to dublin sometimes for holidays...

BUT, we (boyfriend and I) are moving to dublin together this early september :wink:

i haven't forgotten how i felt when i was in dublin trying to give letters and stuff from you guys! and i still wanna keep doing that! so, let's sart again once i will be back to dublin!

and don't worry about me, i am fine even if i go to only once concerts. I don't want you to give me money, gifts or tickets to thank me... I did it because you all deserve to meet the band, and i think it is not fair that some fans will never meet them....
so when i will be in dub, if some of you want to come to dublin and need a place to stay, you could stay at my place!! so the trip will be less expensive without an accomodation problem lol

so, now i gotta go to work, and i promise, i will try from now on to post a lot more here, cos i miss you all a lot :heart:

miss-U2 said:
thank you p8ru2 :hugs: i am blushing :blush: what you said is really nice!

i was supposed to go to the dublin gig in june, but i had to cancel... so finally, i am just going to the gig in Nice... i would like to go to one of the live8 but i dunno how to do lol and i guess i don't have enough money anyway...

some of you were wondering what was going on with me...

well, some of you may know... i am not in dublin.... i was supposed to be since last september but i stayed in france for my boyfriend... and then, not enough money to go to dublin sometimes for holidays...

BUT, we (boyfriend and I) are moving to dublin together this early september :wink:

i haven't forgotten how i felt when i was in dublin trying to give letters and stuff from you guys! and i still wanna keep doing that! so, let's sart again once i will be back to dublin!

and don't worry about me, i am fine even if i go to only once concerts. I don't want you to give me money, gifts or tickets to thank me... I did it because you all deserve to meet the band, and i think it is not fair that some fans will never meet them....
so when i will be in dub, if some of you want to come to dublin and need a place to stay, you could stay at my place!! so the trip will be less expensive without an accomodation problem lol

so, now i gotta go to work, and i promise, i will try from now on to post a lot more here, cos i miss you all a lot :heart:

You're welcome! :) You sound well and its great to hear you & your beau are going back to dublin. I'm glad to hear you're going to Nice and will see U2!!! *whoohoo!* :D Btw- you're very sweet & generous woman esp. with that open invitation to plebas too!!?!? :scratch: :cool:

i posted (I think in the general pleba area) about a bbc.co.uk radio1 contest where they're looking for someone to report on Live8 London and thought you'd be perfect! You could win four tix!!! i hope that doesn't depress you because of travel/money woes. anyway, bonne chance, cheers & glad to see you back! :)

Emilie! You won't know me, but i read all the stories of you meeting the band last year during the time they were recording the album&i'd just like to tell you that you described the meetings you had so well! :wink:

I was always sad to read of any inconsiderate fans pushing their way in, esp the mean individual who shoved Adam into a corner&demanded his autograph! :tsk: :madspit:

It was wonderful to read of Bonos' generosity towards his fans and it amazed me how incredibly tolerant he was, when he had fans film him, even when he asked them not to, since he wasn't feeling too well on a particular day! Shocking - I would stop immediately! :wink:

I always wondered if you were coming back to Interference&it's good to be able to say hi&nice to hear you'll get to the gig in Nice!

:) :up:

I just want to say "Thank you!" to Emilie and everyone else who post their stories here.

I don't post often, so most of you don't know me. However, I do like to read and lurk a lot, so I have gotten to know many people on interference by doing so.

By not having much money and having to deal with disabled parents, it is pretty much gaurunteed that I will never make it to Dublin or get really good seats at a concert. I have accepted this.
:huh: Well.... somewhat...:) So, I really enjoy hearing about everyone elses experiences with meeting the band. It doesn't matter to me if it's the person's first time meeting them or if they have met them 20 times! It's still excitiing. It sounds kind of crazy, but it's sort of like meeting the band through other people. If that makes any sense... :coocoo: :shrug:

So, thank you to everyone who shares. I'm sure that there are plenty of other people around here who feel the same way. Don't let the small number of negative people around here get you down. :heart:

Hey Emilie...it's nice to hear from you. Missed you.

I met Sue (is it Sue? I am not sure of the name?) in Germany...I think you know who she is...

Love and kisses to you..
Tania

Beating a Dead Horse

Excuse me. I don't appreciate people writing about me when they don't know what happened or my side of the story. The only reason why I lied to the other fan is because I was because the guy had 20 people with him and had already met the band tons of times, plus; the other fans that were there told me not to tell anyone Bono was there. That is the truth. I am not a liar, now would I every do that to any fans.

SO STOP LYING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AND STOP BADMOUTHING ME. WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM AND EMILIE, I DON'T MISS YOU. I WISH YOU NEVER CAME BACK ON THIS BECAUSE EVERYTIME YOU DO, MY NAME IS SLANDERED.

LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE AND STOP TALKING ABOUT ME.

WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM. WE ALL LOVE U2.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.

I'm sorry to butt in but ever since Emilie came back I have not seen one post bad mouthing you. You are the one that's beating a dead horse by bringing it up again. Your post was rude and truly uncalled for.

I think Delphine may not realize that there was a post on 6-18-2004 and the next post after that is dated 6-27-2005 - this thread was not active for over 1 year.

Because Emilie has a more recent thread in PLEBAns, we'll just close this one and archive it. Let's let sleeping dogs lie please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom