Leather Day - your favorite Bono move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my fave Bono move ... one leg straight, one bent ... classic!

normal_U2_RATTLE_AND_HUM-12.jpg

Bono45_1.jpg

MsPurrl said:

Although this is not a "move" per se, it is my favorite Bono picture ever.
Bonosmile.jpg

I've always liked that pic too MsPurrl, it has a sweet sorta charm to it. Do you know any details on it? When, where, what he's doing? :)

MsPurrl said:

I thought he was the conductor of the train pulling into Zoo Station, not a cop. :reject:

I know.. but doesn't Cop Bono sound so much better???? :drool:
and I think he looks more like a cop than a conductor.... :wink:

Although this is not a "move" per se, it is my favorite Bono picture ever.

Bonosmile.jpg
[/B][/QUOTE]

I'd call it a move: the old looking up, mucking about with a hat move!

staringatthesun.jpg

bonocomet said:

I've always liked that pic too MsPurrl, it has a sweet sorta charm to it. Do you know any details on it? When, where, what he's doing? :)

No, unfortunately I don't know--got it from u2granny some time ago. I'll bet she knows! I do love it, though. :love:

hcbiggs2002 said:

If my memory serves, this is from the free concert U2 did back in 1987 called 'Save the Yuppies' (!?!) in San Fransico. The one where Bono painted "Rock 'n Roll Stops The Traffic" on a statue. :eyebrow:

That is where the picture was taken. He spray painted part of an underpass.

da7bb52c.jpg

u2granny said:

That is where the picture was taken. He spray painted part of an underpass.

da7bb52c.jpg

Yes this is the 'statue' (or I should have said sculpture actually) I was talking about!!! I know it might look like part of an "underpass" but it's not!!! I have a photo of it in my Rattle and Hum book (the official book of the movie!) and I quote (from the book) "the singer climbed the fountain sculpture, a grey concrete cage, to spray "Stop the traffic - Rock & Roll". So unless the books got it totally wrong...!?! It also goes on to mention that the mayor of the town immeadiately put out a warrant for Bono's arrest! Which, I think, would have been just a bit extreme, if indeed, it was just a "underpass" he'd defaced!!!:eyebrow:

yes he got a warrant... and he had to pay for the cleanup... later Bono invited the artist of the sculpture onstage and the artist got to spraypaint on the stage :wink:

hahaha..... an arrest warrant for bono. imagine if that would happen today? the jail would have thousands of women purposely committing crimes to get in and thousands more lined up outside going on hunger strikes to free him. the police would be shot if he ever put bono in jail. pleba would like his head on a platter, i bet :D

Babydoll said:
hahaha..... an arrest warrant for bono. imagine if that would happen today? the jail would have thousands of women purposely committing crimes to get in and thousands more lined up outside going on hunger strikes to free him. the police would be shot if he ever put bono in jail. pleba would like his head on a platter, i bet :D

not sure about it, but I thought he'd also got arrested during the taping of the Streets vid... :drool: just imagine going to jail with... him

Yeah that structure is actually a big fountain not an underpass where Bono spraypainted Rock and Roll Stop the Traffic....it's in Justin Herman Plaza in San Francisco. I used to hang out with my best friend who lived in apartments right near there so that was our old stomping grounds. I suppose it's considered "art".

Back
Top Bottom