Leather Day - Lying Down!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper: would you be able to upload ?
I just saw a short clip on youtube . :drool:

Hi trinity! I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this! :reject: I'm just having trouble finding it...I know I have it so I'm going to check on my ehd when I get home later. Sorry! I KNOW I have it tho!

^ Oh thanks so much for this Cathy! :hug: I've never seen this interview before!! :ohmy:

I also downloaded the French NRJ awards video you had there, been looking for a downloadable version of this clip ever since I first saw those gorgeous screen caps of Bono from the show!! :drool::sexywink:

^ Oh thanks so much for this Cathy! :hug: I've never seen this interview before!! :ohmy:

I also downloaded the French NRJ awards video you had there, been looking for a downloadable version of this clip ever since I first saw those gorgeous screen caps of Bono from the show!! :drool::sexywink:

Thanks for that ! :hug: He has such a cute accent ! :D

It's no problem hcb :hug: I just didn't want to accidentally ignore you someday if I don't recognize that you were talking to me!
And you are all very welcome :)

I'm french, and I can say he have got a really cute accent. He's cute when he's speaking french :love:

thanks for all the video

I'm french, and I can say he have got a really cute accent. He's cute when he's speaking french :love:

thanks for all the video

So to a French person listening to him, how really did he do? Did he speak very well? Agreed he does sound :drool: anyways. And you're welcome :)

I love when he said "C'est dur" (I replay this passage many times). His text is very cute, and his french is not bad ! I don't know if you understand what he says, but I could try to translate, if you want. :)

(sorry if I made mistakes, but I'm not easy with the english language :huh:)

C'est dur : it's hard ! :D

He does speak French with almost no accent, just a teeny weeny cute one ! But, there must be someone to write his texts !
:D

Here's the speech , I did my best.... Sorry for my english ! (@remykler : j'avais rien d'autre a faire ce soir, j'espere que ca ne te derange pas que je m'en soit occupée ! Dans le cas contraire je m'en excuse platement...)

Thank you, thank you, thank you...
I'm not from this country, but I'll make a little confession to you. At the Côte d'Azur I feel at home.
When I have a little time for myself, I come here, in order to have even more ! In the morning, I walk down my house and swim in the "grand bleu" (literally big blue, it means the sea, don't know if there's an expression in english!) It's very healthy. But when the evening comes, danger comes too. Clubs, beautiful girls, Naomi Campbell... the great wines. It's hard... it's very hard ! But as you can see, I survived !
Thank you for the incredible life you gave us - Me Bono, Adam, Larry... and tonight, particularly, The Edge... The Edge... The Edge....

=) Sorry if there's any mistake !

Well... I'm trying to translate, but... I think there is a lot of mistaken. :huh:

His text in french :

"Merci. Merci. Merci. Thank you. Thanks very much. Thank you. Well... Je ne suis pas un enfant du pays, mais je vais vous faire une petite confidence : sur la cote, je me sens chez moi. Quand j'ai un peu de liberté, je viens ici pour en avoir encore plus. Le matin, je descends de ma maison pour nager dans le grand bleu. C'est très simple. Mais le soir, les dangers arrivent. Les boites. Les jolies filles. Naomi Cambell. Les grands vins. C'est dur. C'est vriament dur. Mais vous voyez, j'ai survécu!

Merci pour la vie incroyable que vous nous avez donné, avec moi (Bono), Adam, Larry. Et ce soir, en particulier, The Edge. The Edge. The Edge.
Thank you NRJ, we'll see you all Paris Stade de France 9 of July. Nice, parc des sports 5 of August.

Vive la France."

And now, I'm gonna try to translate it. Not an easy thing...^^

"Thank you. Thanks very much. Well. I'm not a child of this country, but I'm gonna tell you something : on the Riviera, I feel like I'm at home. When I've got liberty, i'm coming here, to have more liberty. In the morning, I go out of my home to swim, in "The Big Blue" (Le grand bleu : La Mer Méditerranée). That's so easy. But, on the evening, dangers are coming. Night club. Beautiful girls. Naomi Cambell. Great wines. That's hard. That's too hard. But, you know, I survived !

Thanks for give us a wonderful life, to me (Bono), Adam, Larry. And tonight, particulary, to The Edge. The Edge. The Edge.
Thank you NRJ, we'll see you all. Paris, Stade de France, 9 of July. Nice, Parc des Sport, 5 of August.

Hurrah for France."

I hope you'll understand :huh:

Thank you SO much!!! I never knew what he was saying, it didn't matter because he sounded so good....but now that I do.... :drool:

bmamlaying-001.jpg

Thank you Elann and remykler for your translations, like everyone else, I too have always wanted to know what he was saying! :applaud: The wording of both is slightly different, which isn't surprising the same thing often happens when translating something from Finnish to English! :rolleyes: But their basically saying the same thing. :yes:

You're welcome.
I think the Elann's translation is better than mine, so thank you Elann :)

If you wanna know anything else that Bono said in French, I could try to translate it.
It helps me to progress in English :D

See you

Back
Top Bottom