Leather Day: Goofy Leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ee2cecae.jpg

d93262b1.jpg

alibonomag.jpg

I think that's it for me for now :lol:

Goodnight everybody :wave:

ladylardence said:
I just found this on the Bono community on Livejournal, and I had to post it here. Isn't he adorable? :cute:
5d6c3c2f.jpg

Do you know the story behind it?

I read about it few months ago. Great story it was.

Czech fan gave Bono this guitar as a present to his birthday in 2002. He was there in the day of Bono's birthday on 10 may.
He was standing in the front of Hanover Quay Studios for a very long time and saw all the friends of Bono, then Adam, Larry, and talked with The Edge for few minutes when he came.
Few minutes later Dallas Schoo came to him and ask if he could try that guitar (by the way the czech fan made this guitar by his own hands!). Fan said that yes. A little bit later Dallas came back and said that this guitar was really good and invited him to the birthday party of Bono inside the studios. But the czech fan said that no, that he didn't want to disturb, that it's a private party for friends and so...
About six o'clock in the evening the big mercedes came. And Bono was in it. Then he talked with Bono and gave him that guitar.

...this is a little bit shorter than it was in that magazine. I would give you the whole story from that magazine, but it's in Czech.

You're welcome guys.

If you would like to read the whole story I could translate it, when I will have a time. Just tell me. I do it for you.:)

I remember that when I read that story for the first time I was totally excited! What a great story it was! :cute:

riderka said:
You're welcome guys.

If you would like to read the whole story I could translate it, when I will have a time. Just tell me. I do it for you.:)

I remember that when I read that story for the first time I was totally excited! What a great story it was! :cute:

Well, if you have the time and nothing better to do :) I wouldn't mind reading the full story:up:

What a GREAT thread. I adore Goofball Bono. :yes: :cute:

Can I make a special request? Anyone have the close up of Bono in Sweetest Thing holding flowers up (like he's offering them) with a waaaay to innocent smile? :drool:

Thanks! :wave:

SD

Ah, finally I'm here to celebrate! This last week's been odd, and I just haven't been able to come here for extended periods of time.

I love the idea for the thread. Goofball, adorable Bono-you gotta love it.

kellyahern said:

These pictures are awesome. The one of him with those kids is so cute, and I get a kick out of the clips from that "Unforgettable Fire" documentary, 'cause it reminds me of the version of the "Pride" video that has the clips from this documentary in it, and that reminds me of the part in that video where he swallows fire. For some reason, that just amuses me.

kellyahern said:

This one's adorable :cute:...

kellyahern said:

...and words can't express how much I envy this girl.

Originally posted by kellyahern
let's face it, the whole "Sweetest Thing" video is one long goofy, adorable Bono moment :cute:

Yep.

This whole thread's awesome. All these pictures make me smile.

Originally posted by greety
We wouldn't need too much encouragement, would we Plebans?:wink:

LOL, no, no, we wouldn't. :p.

That is an awesome story, though, I agree (that fan made that guitar? Wow :ohmy:...).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom