Leather Day - Arms around the world...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
X00253_9.jpg

X00240_9.jpg

I just came across this pic (while googling) and I never knew it was taken in the Netherlands.

U2KUIPlexvanrossen.jpg

Anyway, I found it in an article about the death of the dutch photographer (Lex van Rossen) on March 1st 2007.

He was a pop fotoghrapher (like Anton) and he once was asked which was his favourite (own) pic.

Guess what?? Yes it was this one.

It looks like the audience is embracing Bono (appropriate in this thread eh? :) )

greety said:
I just came across this pic (while googling) and I never knew it was taken in the Netherlands.

U2KUIPlexvanrossen.jpg

Anyway, I found it in an article about the death of the dutch photographer (Lex van Rossen) on March 1st 2007.

He was a pop fotoghrapher (like Anton) and he once was asked which was his favourite (own) pic.

It looks like the audience is embracing Bono (appropriate in this thread eh? :) )

I love that pic, i have it as a big poster right next to my bed... it's certainly very beautiful and one of my favourites of bono... Thanks for the info on where it's from- i didn't know it was taken in the Netherlands either... :)

Very ethereal shot. Looks almost mystical. I love how the clouds in the sky look. and yes, you are right, greety -it loks like the audience is embracing him. His silhouette is beautiful here(so is his arm and hands):drool: :drool: Thanks for the background info !!

greety said:

U2KUIPlexvanrossen.jpg

thanks greety for the background info , I will now credit Lex van Rossen on photo name .

blm said:
Very ethereal shot. Looks almost mystical. I love how the clouds in the sky look. and yes, you are right, greety -it loks like the audience is embracing him. His silhouette is beautiful here(so is his arm and hands):drool: :drool: Thanks for the background info !!

Yeah, he said the clouds looked nice that day, but he did some "work" on them in the darkroom (no photoshop back then :) ) to make them more visible. He said it wouldn't have looked that good under an all white sky.

Back
Top Bottom