Larry's Tattoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trinity3000

Acrobat
I thought the Plebans would know.... when did he get it? It's a sun is it? on his upper arm. Feel free to post pics, but I just after some trivia.

Don't recall the story about why Larry got the tattoo but here's the best pic I have of it....

larrymullenssuntattoo.jpg

Actually, it's a tribal sun. And here's what Larry says about it. This is all the info I know about his tattoo:

It's a tribal thing. My girlfriend had a tattoo for years. People getting tattoos with all sort of designs but original tattoos are an art form. And if it's treated as an art form and if you get something tattooed that means something to you there is something really special about it. I won't get any more tattoos on my body. I didn't get it because I'm a rock-star.

Cool ^^ good for you Larry.
My latest tat was to memorialise a friend I lost to cancer last year. I've got other meaningless tats from when I was young and drunk and stupid, and one is ok, one I'm getting removed. Feels much better to have one with a meaning.

"It's a tribal thing. My girlfriend had a tattoo for years. People getting tattoos with all sort of designs but original tattoos are an art form. And if it's treated as an art form and if you get something tattooed that means something to you there is something really special about it. I won't get any more tattoos on my body. I didn't get it because I'm a rock-star."

Reason #12537 why we love this guy...

zuropa_fit said:
"It's a tribal thing. My girlfriend had a tattoo for years. People getting tattoos with all sort of designs but original tattoos are an art form. And if it's treated as an art form and if you get something tattooed that means something to you there is something really special about it. I won't get any more tattoos on my body. I didn't get it because I'm a rock-star."

Reason #12537 why we love this guy...

So true, larry has actually inspired me to come up with reasons for a tattoo.

Trinity3000 said:
I just got tattooed recently and man it hurt like fuck. Anyone who says it doesn't is full of shit.

Nah, it's a good pain. The experience depends on the tattoo artist, it depends where on your body you get the tattoo, it depends on your tolerance for pain and the size of the tattoo. Everyone is different, every tattoo artist is different in the way they use the needles.

I don't think he meant it's a "tribal sun"which is what media always describes it as due to this quote; I think he meant tattoos are of tribal origin which is true. I love that about him--you have to search and search for one quote--he's very quiet about himself

Trinity3000 said:
I just got tattooed recently and man it hurt like fuck. Anyone who says it doesn't is full of shit.

I have a unicorn tatood on my right arm and it took the artist quite long to make it, plus he also filled it with color, but honestly it didn't hurt, though the swelling lasted for weeks. My brother had a tatoo made before me, as well as his girlfriend (now wife), she has her's on the back of her shoulder, and both said it didn't hurt. I think it also depends on where exactly you have your tatoo.

it's very difficult to have or to make a picture of Larry's tattoo..anyone got better picture/better idea?
really appreciate..thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom