Larry tattoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
do we know when Larry got his tattoo? has he ever told a stoey about it? meaning? i think it was after zootv, but i'm not sure. any pic proof?

:wave: hi!! here's the interview from the magazine (dunno when it is from tho, sorry :shrug:.)

Max Magazine: Let's move to some lighter subjects.
Larry, you finally got a tattoo. Why did you choose this motive.
It's some kind of sun, isn't it?
Larry: Yeah.
MAX: Tell me about it.
Larry: It's a personal thing. I want to have it for a long time but I
don't like needles so eventually I had to drink heavily and went up to
Woodstock and I got it done there. I am planning it for about ten
years, so a bottle of Whisky and off I went. (aaahh that man fears NOTHING! :lmao:!!)

larrytattoo.jpg

larrywalkon.jpg

6.jpg
:drool:

Last edited:
Not very clear, but it is from Staring At The Sun vid so if u want... watch it again!! :wink: :drool:

OUTPUT_000012.bmp

Man that is a large tatoo for a man afraid of needles. My excuse has always been that I had never thought of anything I wanted permanent on my body, though pain is a big part of it too. However, the other day I thought of it finally! I want a chinese/japanese symbol for the word ONE, my justification is that: I spent time in Japan, I was born on the first of August, One is one of my all time favorite songs, I have one child...etc., then I looked up the symbol and it was _ just a plain old dash mark, so I guess I am not getting a tatoo. Anyone have any ideas?:wink:

faithingrace said:
Man that is a large tatoo for a man afraid of needles. My excuse has always been that I had never thought of anything I wanted permanent on my body, though pain is a big part of it too. However, the other day I thought of it finally! I want a chinese/japanese symbol for the word ONE, my justification is that: I spent time in Japan, I was born on the first of August, One is one of my all time favorite songs, I have one child...etc., then I looked up the symbol and it was _ just a plain old dash mark, so I guess I am not getting a tatoo. Anyone have any ideas?:wink:

:lol:

You're right, that is a big tattoo for someone who doesn't like needes :yikes:

So Larry:
- doesn't like needles
- is afraid of cute, fluffy kittens

I hate to say it, but Larry's kind of a wuss. :lol:

j/k :wink: please don't kill me :reject:

kellyahern said:

So Larry:
- doesn't like needles
- is afraid of cute, fluffy kittens

*dies* He is! *laughing* Though I don't think the Larry that lives in my head with Edge and Bono agrees with that. I think he's gone looking for the forks. I'm sure Edge will take it away from him. I hope. :wink:

faithingrace said:

I waited 15 years to get mine, cuz I was afraid of needles and cuz I didn't want to put on something that I wouldn't want years later. I definetly think it should be something that means alot to you. You could research if there is another way of saying the word one or something like oneness or wholeness in japanese.

I have a St. Bridgets cross and music notes on my right lower leg. The cross has to do with my faith in God and my hope for man and the music notes are because I was named after a song and my whole life and my work is inspired by music.

I'm getting three other tattoos, so I'm just warning you now it is addicting! :lol:

kellyahern said:

ahah he really is!! :lmao:
but you forgot to mention:
- fear of heights AND vertigo (yay!)
- fear of enclosed spaces
- fear of blood (any man does...)
- fear of getting old (oh Larry, but you don't have to...)
- fear of spoons (they're alive! they're ALIVE!!!)
- fear of water ("yeah I only drink beer. to save water, y'know?")
- fear of Bono's driving skills (don't we all?)
- fear of photographers
- fear of inteviewers
- fear of undidy hair (hence the gel)
- fear of button-up shirts :)drool:)
- and last but not last... ---> FEAR OF PLEBANS!! (mwamwamwaaa :D)

me: ooohhh look Larry, a kitten!!! ain't it cute?? :cute:
kitten: mew! *purrs*
:larry: : AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *runs away*
me: ah Larry, you're so manly and brave... :cute:
:larry: : ...FOAD.
foad.gif

^ :lol: yeah, you are right... Larry, Larry, Larry... sigh...

With respect to tattoos, it is funny, but I wouldn't get one just because I think I wouldn't stand the fact that I can't take it from my skin... I imagine myself scratching and scratching, and it won't go out!! :lol:, heehh, moreover, I don'thave any nice ideas... IMO, to get a tattoo you must have a nice idea, because then all the ppl have the same tattoo, and that's awful. I mean, if you get a t-shirt that then everybody else has you stop wearing it, but a tattoo.. that's a bit harder :D

I read something once where he said that it's the symbol of his tribe. There used to be tribes in Ireland, right?

Back
Top Bottom