Larry...so tight he squeaks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm talking about his MONEY, honey, not his tush!!! LOL!
wink.gif

I was having yet another weird U2-related scene playing out in my head this afternoon, (see, I don't talk to myself, I have other people talking in my head, go figure), and it went a little like this:

Larry is home from being on tour, and he's tired. The kids are getting underfoot, so he sort of yells at them, to which Ann says something like, "well, you don't live here much, do you? Why do you think they'd mind you?" To which Larry says, "I paid for this bloody house AND the two houses next door as well, didn't I?" (granted he's probably nothing like this, but it's just what popped into my head).

So it got me to thinking...we all know Larry is EXTREEEEEMELY frugal with his money...but what is the most un-Larry like thing that he's has ever done that you know of, in regard to him being rather free with his funds??? I'd be interested to know!

disco the day dreamer (some things never change from childhood)

Well, if he still has his First Communion money then he can't be too un-frugal
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
The fact that he bought two extra houses just for privacy strikes me as a very un-frugal thing to do!!!

But that's SO Larry like. Alienate people however possible. (Note, I can say this because I am such a Larry Mullen. So there
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Well, I bet he has a garage full of bikes. I wonder what kind of car he drives...

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

i heard a while back that years ago he bought a car for over 700,000 bucks. its like, the fastest car made or something like that. so, in a way, its very larry to get that, but thats not like him to spend so much freaking money on a car.

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Originally posted by mrsmullen:
i heard a while back that years ago he bought a car for over 700,000 bucks.

$700,000 holy shit!? yeah, it sounds like a very Larry thing to do to buy a very fast sports car but to spend $700k? damn, i guess if you have it might as well do something fun with it...
*wishes I had $700k to spend on a car*

Eh, Dressing in Drag is very un-larry like...and um doing interviews too

------------------
b0280.gif

THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Actual convo with Larry:
u2bela1: You?re a skank you know that??
Larry: HAHAHA Good one.
u2bela1: Yeah you big flirty man you!
<clarity> he's prolly all like Anne she said I'm a skank rofl
<clarity> Bono's like you are a skank Lardence rofl

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 02-07-2002).]