Larry shoes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
All this talk about Edges' shoes got me wondering about Larry's shoes.
He was wearing big black shoes for the Elevation tour. But I've seen him in Nikes, I know he use to wear Doc Martens.
What do you ladies know about his footwear?

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

I'll bet Marina was just waiting for me to discover this thread.
biggrin.gif
heh.

The big black shoes that can be seen in some of the photo shoots for the 2002 calendar (the month of February he's wearing them) are Creepers.

I've been wearing Larry shoes for awhile now, if you count the Black converse hi-tops I've been wearing since I was in 7th grade. I also bought a pair of Doc Martens (10 hole) and I just bought myself a pair of the black Creepers Larry wears. So, I now am a proud owner of Larry's shoes. heh. Several pairs.
biggrin.gif

My mother's connection is soooooo slow. *drumming fingers on desk*

Here's a picture of Larry's Creepers:
333%3A8%3C%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E585%3E%3A%3B3%3EWSNRCG%3D3232387556%3A56nu0mrj

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
I'll bet Marina was just waiting for me to discover this thread.
biggrin.gif
heh.

The big black shoes that can be seen in some of the photo shoots for the 2002 calendar (the month of February he's wearing them) are Creepers.

I've been wearing Larry shoes for awhile now, if you count the Black converse hi-tops I've been wearing since I was in 7th grade. I also bought a pair of Doc Martens (10 hole) and I just bought myself a pair of the black Creepers Larry wears. So, I now am a proud owner of Larry's shoes. heh. Several pairs.
biggrin.gif

Hey Moonie! so how much taller are you in those creepers? Just curious how much extra height it gives ya.
smile.gif

OOoooOO Larry shoes! Cute!! Em...yeah.
tongue.gif

The only thing I know about his shoes is that during Auctung Baby era he wore combat boots.

There are three kinds of soles for Creepers: small, medium, and large.
biggrin.gif

Larry wears the medium soles - they're two inch soles. The soles are the same as my Docs, so it's not so hard for me to get used to them.

I stand at over 6'1" with them on. heh. I'm a tall mofo. LOL

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
Hey Moonie! so how much taller are you in those creepers? Just curious how much extra height it gives ya.
smile.gif

There are three kinds of soles for Creepers: small, medium, and large.
biggrin.gif

Larry wears the medium soles - they're two inch soles. The soles are the same as my Docs, so it's not so hard for me to get used to them.

I stand at over 6'1" with them on. heh. I'm a tall mofo. LOL

Moonie
biggrin.gif

cool. thanks for responding.
smile.gif

I was so curious about these shoes that I had to go find them online. They are too punk for my taste, but cool nevertheless, esp. bc Larry wears them.
wink.gif

Hey thanks everyone for the info on the shoes. Are these "Creepers" comfy????
I've never seen them before....are they a "Europe" thing? Or am I just a little behind in my shoe styles...
Also, is this link the only place to buy them????

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 04-01-2002).]

Random thought here.... I went to type in my name and I typed in "moob" LOL

Anyway. Yes, Creepers are an England thing - they each have a little British flag sewn onto each shoe.

Larry has the suede ones - like mine. I bought them for $109.00 - you can check websites to buy them online, or you can check around to see what stores offer them. A friend of mine knew of a store in Huntington Beach, CA that had them so I went there.

As for comfort - I had been so used to wearing my Doc Martens, that it took a little getting used to having a shoe that doesn't cover the ankle. After the first initial "wearing in", they weren't bad at all. However, I haven't worn them for longer than 8 hours at work.

And, MG, I'm a 1/4 inch shy of six feet and I wear the "medium" two inch sole size. Go for it! I think the medium sized sole looks better than the small size, and besides, that's what Larry wears, right? Riiiiiiight.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif
(Moobie - LOL!!!! I'm being goofy tonight, I know.)

Random thought here.... I went to type in my name and I typed in "moob" LOL

Anyway. Yes, Creepers are an England thing - they each have a little British flag sewn onto each shoe.

Larry has the suede ones - like mine. I bought them for $109.00 - you can check websites to buy them online, or you can check around to see what stores offer them. A friend of mine knew of a store in Huntington Beach, CA that had them so I went there.

As for comfort - I had been so used to wearing my Doc Martens, that it took a little getting used to having a shoe that doesn't cover the ankle. After the first initial "wearing in", they weren't bad at all. However, I haven't worn them for longer than 8 hours at work.

And, MG, I'm a 1/4 inch shy of six feet and I wear the "medium" two inch sole size. Go for it! I think the medium sized sole looks better than the small size, and besides, that's what Larry wears, right? Riiiiiiight.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif
(Moobie - LOL!!!! I'm being goofy tonight, I know.)

Hey thanks a lot...
Do they take a long time to break in?
I think I'm going to look around Seattle on my days off...............

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

I think it took about two wearings - they weren't uncomfortable for me. I think wearing in the Docs were a bit more of a pain, literally. The Creepers are fun. I'm just waiting for my mom to say something silly - but she hasn't noticed them yet. She thinks I'm a freakin' groupie - wait 'til she finds out I own the same kinds of shoes Larry owns... she thought going to the Clarence Hotel in Dublin was "groupie" enough. What-evah.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Well I just had a brilliant idea.........
I'm going to England in the fall........
I was going to buy Doc Martens there, but I think I found a new shoe to buy.

Hmmm...when I go to Dublin i must take a small trip to England and buy those...wtf is with the coffin tho?....is that where Larry puts his lunch money? LOL
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by oktobergirl:
moonie,

I knew you'd be on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tee hee.... I've been had. She knows I've got the shoes. She's seen them. She's also had to listen to countless hours of how freakin' awesome my Docs are. heh. Now it's all about the shoes. Not just the drums, the shirt, or the shorts... it's all about the shoes. heh.

By the way, the Creepers are made by a company called TUK.

Yay! Larry shoes!

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom