Larry refuses to stay in same house with Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry is a loner. Bono is probably a trip. He gets drunk and doesn't shut up, my kind of fella. Maybe because things get too loud in the bedroom that Larry wants to be alone with Ann. Can i say that? :huh:

LOL! I met this girl at a concert one time and she said she was staying in the same hotel as U2 in Seattle for the POPMart show. After the show she went into the hallway and saw Larry crying. She asked him what was wrong and he said he couldn't sleep because Bono was in his room with the vacuum cleaner on sucking up his bed covers! Can you image baldheaded POPMart Seattle Bono vacuuming your covers while you're trying to sleep? Prolly with an evil laugh! LMAO!! Poor Larry!

Why does Larry stay away from Bono? Because he can - nothing personal. I wouldn't want to spend my vacation time in someone else's house, especially if I could afford not to. I'm sure Bono's perfectly fine to live with, Larry's probably like me - the type of person who would feel like he's getting in the way or could never really relax in someone else's space, even if they didn't care.

Wild Angel said:
Can you image baldheaded POPMart Seattle Bono vacuuming your covers while you're trying to sleep? Prolly with an evil laugh! LMAO!! Poor Larry!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can't believe that really happened... It's a funny thought, though.

Wild Angel said:
LOL! I met this girl at a concert one time and she said she was staying in the same hotel as U2 in Seattle for the POPMart show. After the show she went into the hallway and saw Larry crying. She asked him what was wrong and he said he couldn't sleep because Bono was in his room with the vacuum cleaner on sucking up his bed covers! Can you image baldheaded POPMart Seattle Bono vacuuming your covers while you're trying to sleep? Prolly with an evil laugh! LMAO!! Poor Larry!

:lmao: that was too funny.

What is it with Bono and vacuum cleaners? That's at least the third Bono vacuum cleaner story I've heard. Do you think he might be, dare I say it, a tad eccentric?!:wink:

I think this is being made into too big a deal. I'm sure the boys are still best friends, but that doesn't mean they want to spend every minute together. Larry is a very private person, and I'm sure he just wanted to spend some quality time with his family. That's all. I thought it was kind of funny when I read it, it sounds typical for Larry's sense of humor. :lol:

vaccum cleaner! :lol: thats really funny.
i vaccum my covers:eyebrow:
but i thought that was a redneck thing, not a weird rockstar habit.

thats really terrible that bono made larry cry though. doesnt larry know that he can probably kick bono's ass?
*sigh* another thing me and bono have in common. neurotic vaccum cleaner habits. i vacuumed out a bathtub today. is that weird? its easier than washing all the nasty hair and dirt down the drain.....( i was cleaning a beach condo)

bono you can come stay in pleba, we will let you do whatever you want to our beds:wink:

LOL Mistyrose .. I'm thinking that's why Adam stayed clear :D - might be a bit too much for somene used to living on their own.

HEY ! Just thought of a vaccum cleaner theory - he did say at a concert that "Do you all know each other from the internet or something? I don't even know how to operate the hoover, man." [paraphrased from memory of a bootleg, not a proper quote]

So there you go, he was embarrassed about his lack of hoovering skills, and so was practising so he'd have something to talk about next night! :laugh:

Of course, what's really hilarryous is how much time we're spending on talking about it!

:wink: ~Ultra

Last edited:
mistyrose said:
Maybe he didn't want to be in a house with 12 kids + Bono? Hehe (amongst Bono, Larry, and Edge there are 12) and well, Bono's a big ol' kid too.

Yeah, I think the idea of being in a house with 12 kids would scare me off more than Bono! :lol:

greety said:
I think this was taken from the Q interview and Larry said that all in a very ironic/ irish humerous kinda way :wink:

Larry does tend to come across a bit blunt, and unless you're seeing his facial expression, you can't really tell if he's joking or not. That kind of humor doesn't translate well into the written word.

I recall reading something written about him complaining to Bill Flanagan that the way he wrote him, it looked like Larry was always in a bad mood. Wish I could find the link.

Wild Angel said:

LARRY CRYING??? Like Literally???OMG!!! HILARIOUS!!!.. Unfortunately I find Bono's shinanigans VERY FUNNY!!!:lol:

That might be cause it's not happening to me
:hmm:

dandy said:

yeah, i remember reading this Larry quote in the interview that philod typed out, in entirety. taken in context in the interview, it was hilarious. this sounds like a cheeseball tabloid trying to make things seem scandalous when they're so not.

that's exactly what i was referring to, but I didn't know the right name (philod) and it was funny reading it .
But I also think someone made the remark this would sound bad if it was taken out of it's context, as proven!:|

Back
Top Bottom