Larry on Bitterwaitress.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's Betty

Refugee
I thought you gals might like this story. Found it on bitterwaitress.com

Larry MULLINS. lol

Celebrity: Larry Mullins, Jr.

Early one evening I approached a new two-top and noticed that one of the guys looked familiar...he had chin-length dirty blonde hair that was somewhat greasy and chiseled features, but looked like he'd been on the business end of some hard living for quite some time. I said to the bartender, "The guy at table five looks familiar...he kind of looks like David Beckham's older, drug-addicted brother." It was only when I took his order and noticed his Irish brogue AND remembered that U2 was playing that night that I realized I was waiting on their drummer. I have to admit I was a little flustered but not as flustered as I'd be if I met Tom Waits or Bob Dylan. Anyway, he was very lovely, very quiet and polite and a decent tipper. People sitting at the tables right near him didn't even realize who he was. The manager went over to him with a copy of the restaurant's menu and very quietly said she'd comp his meal if he signed the menu. He smiled and said "That's a tough deal to beat." He left me $20, pretty generous considering if he'd been charged his bill would've been only about $25. He definitely looks older but you can still tell how H-O-T he was fifteen years ago. Oh, hilarious sidebar to the story: he came back in the very next day and had lunch and the bartender waited on him...she just happened to be wearing her brand new U2 t-shirt that she'd bought at their concert the night before. She felt like a dumbass but he smiled and said "Nice shirt."

Found one on B too !! :)

Celebrity: Bono (U2)
Restaurant: The Willard Room (Willard InterContinental Hotel)

Bono and his wife? girlfriend? and two other guys came in for dinner. They had made arrangements for a semi-private room where they were seated and seemed content. While they were initially nice enough, they proceeded to get fairly loaded and Bono and the woman both got pissy with me before it was over. They ran up a $1,200 tab with beluga caviar, wine and all(and left a decent $300 tip). Funny thing, I later found out he was in town to visit the president and promote donations for world hunger!

Bono's Betty said:
I thought you gals might like this story. Found it on bitterwaitress.com

Larry MULLINS. lol

Celebrity: Larry Mullins, Jr.

Early one evening I approached a new two-top and noticed that one of the guys looked familiar...he had chin-length dirty blonde hair that was somewhat greasy and chiseled features, but looked like he'd been on the business end of some hard living for quite some time. I said to the bartender, "The guy at table five looks familiar...he kind of looks like David Beckham's older, drug-addicted brother." It was only when I took his order and noticed his Irish brogue AND remembered that U2 was playing that night that I realized I was waiting on their drummer. I have to admit I was a little flustered but not as flustered as I'd be if I met Tom Waits or Bob Dylan. Anyway, he was very lovely, very quiet and polite and a decent tipper. People sitting at the tables right near him didn't even realize who he was. The manager went over to him with a copy of the restaurant's menu and very quietly said she'd comp his meal if he signed the menu. He smiled and said "That's a tough deal to beat." He left me $20, pretty generous considering if he'd been charged his bill would've been only about $25. He definitely looks older but you can still tell how H-O-T he was fifteen years ago. Oh, hilarious sidebar to the story: he came back in the very next day and had lunch and the bartender waited on him...she just happened to be wearing her brand new U2 t-shirt that she'd bought at their concert the night before. She felt like a dumbass but he smiled and said "Nice shirt."

On the business end of some "hard living?" Drug-addicted (looking)?!?!?!!!!!

:mad: :madwife:

Did this (original) poster ever complete her Raymond Carver School of Detective Fiction course, I wonder?

:madspit:

Agreed, the descirption of Larry is pretty icky...

"Chin-length dirty blonde hair that was somewhat greasy and chiseled features, but looked like he'd been on the business end of some hard living for quite some time... he kind of looks like David Beckham's older, drug-addicted brother."

??!!!! That's def not how I'd describe Larry. Chin -Length hair?? Hard living? Drug addicted?? Eeks.

"You can still tell how H-O-T he was fifteen years ago"

Ermm.....Ok. That's the girl's description, she is entitled to her personal opinion. But still.... :|

Nice story though of Mr. MULLINS, thanks for posting it! :)

Last edited:
I am a server in a restaurant. Why doesn't that happen to me. I do get to wait on members of The Philadelphia Eagles pro football team sometimes. Thanks for sharing.

I think they've got similar features.

David%20Beckham.jpg
l2.jpg

Maybe it's the fact that the man is rail thin on a good day - and he was likely jet lagged like a mofo (/moh/./foh/./aoh./ Sorry. Couldn't resist. :giggle:)? He does look /wierd/ sometimes, like he's been on the business end of one too many long nights.

I still don't see drug addicted, though. More like 'half-starved waif-child'. You gotta admit, he looks better when he's not on tour! They all do. Except Edge. That man looks the same no matter what.

Hey come on indie kids these days love the heroin addict look...it's rock n roll...it could have been a compliment:p

Why is David Beckham so perfect looking. I just think God went a little overboard when doling out looks, talent, and hot accents!

Back
Top Bottom