Larry flexin the muscle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BLvert.jpg

Im suprised really.

His arms and body wasnt that big up until 2000+ , surely that would of been difficult considering Larry's tenodis (sp). :huh:

Amazing , the great Larry mystery

vaz02 said:
Im suprised really.

His arms and body wasnt that big up until 2000+ , surely that would of been difficult considering Larry's tenodis (sp). :huh:

Amazing , the great Larry mystery

;) The unanswered questions in U2's history: What is Larry's spinach/kryptonite?

Well, if he's been working out regularly for six years, he's bound to get bigger. ANd he isn't that much larger.

As to the tendonitis thing - it wouldn't prevent gaining muscle, if you do it correctly. I have hella arthritis in my hands, knees, and back (we will not talk about the hips) and I still manage to work out quite handily. YOu just don't overdo it, and work out more often, instead of power workouts.

And, if you wear a brace, and take care to stretch properly before and afterwards, you should be fine.

vaz02 said:
Larry looks so small there.

He's got his legs spread in that pic. KInda the spraddle-legged cowboy thing he does occasionally. He's the same height as Edge when he actually stands up properly. Which he practically never does, the naughty boy.

Devlin said:
Well, if he's been working out regularly for six years, he's bound to get bigger. ANd he isn't that much larger.

As to the tendonitis thing - it wouldn't prevent gaining muscle, if you do it correctly. I have hella arthritis in my hands, knees, and back (we will not talk about the hips) and I still manage to work out quite handily. YOu just don't overdo it, and work out more often, instead of power workouts.

And, if you wear a brace, and take care to stretch properly before and afterwards, you should be fine.

Cheers for info, edge is 5,10 isnt he and larry is 5,9 ?

Sue DeNym said:

IIRC, Larry has got scoliosis. I don't think he can stand up straight. :(

He has scoliosis? The dude's falling apart! :( Seriously tho, with all his health problems it's amazing how he's still an awesome drummer. And a vegetarian, too! :rockon:

You are kidding the hell out of me. I never would have guessed that. I've never noticed any kind of wierdness with the spine!

But then again, it would explain the way he walks. Or not. :p

Last edited:
2morrow said:

He has scoliosis? The dude's falling apart! :( Seriously tho, with all his health problems it's amazing how he's still an awesome drummer. And a vegetarian, too! :rockon:

Larry is a veggy ?

Sue DeNym said:

It is mentioned in U2 At The End Of The World that Larry has a crooked spine.

Ah. Not sure I'd take that as medical fact. Especially since Flanagan is such an incrediblely evocative, imaginative writer.

Having had serious back problems myself, I can tell you that disc problems that cause severe muscle spasms in your back can contort your spine out of all proportions. You should see the MRI scans when it's bad!

But that has no relationship to scoliosis, which is arises during childhood, when your spine is growing. My cousin had it. The only way to fix it is to wear a back-to-neck brace during the formative years, to guide the spine to grow properly.

GracelandHarley said:
Ah. Not sure I'd take that as medical fact. Especially since Flanagan is such an incrediblely evocative, imaginative writer.
My copy of the book is in storage, but from Amazon.com (chapter 26, page 209 in the book),
"Larry pays careful attention to his health, but has still had some real problems...after overcoming that he was cursed with a disk protruding from his spine that screwed up his back terribly....Larry's Irish doctor refuses to accept it - he looks at X rays of Larry's crooked spine and says it's impossible...."

You were right, I was mistaken. It wasn't scoliosis, which is why I put "IIRC" (If I Recall Correctly) in front of my first statement. Apparently, I didn't recall correctly. :eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom