Larry can't hide his age anymore. do you agree?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elisa519_U2adik

The Fly
hello.

many peepz say larry hasn't changed for years. but don't you think larry is now slowly running out of youth, that he can't hide his age anymore? maybe I think it's bcoz of his hair:|
can you guyz post larry's pics from year to year, so that we can compare and see the transition?

well honestly, uhhmm, (hope you guyz dont go against me) i'm not one of the peepz who say larry looked young for many years and there was very slight change in his appearance. :D i just don't know why. The first time I saw Larry, I knew he was old! well many because I first saw him this late 1990's/early 2000's so he was definitely old.

???:confused:

I agree. Larry is still very good looking but all of a sudden he got a lot more *ahem* mature looking. Hes got wrinkles, and veins that stick out in his forehead from thinner skin....
However, hes still a freakin hottie so what do I care?
Bono started looking older a while ago and I still think hes the yummiest thing to ever grace a stage

yeah, when you look at other musicians that are about the same age you can see a big difference. i don't know if it has much to do with irish genes, as someone else pointed out in another thread, but our boys look a heck of a lot younger and fit.
:drool: and i might ad that it is greatly appreciated!!

These should go from earliest to most recent. Definitely a change...but who hasn't. I personally like the short hair of previous tours but he still looks HOT!!

earlylarry.jpg

larrylate80s.jpg

larryzootv.jpg

Larry2000.jpg

larry2002.jpg

larryRRHOF.jpg

Personally I never thought Larry looked all that ageless. The thing is, he looked like a normal 40 year old and sometimes certain other band members looked a bit older :uhoh: But it is NOT the hair! Why does everyone always pick on the hair? They do it to Bono too! IMO, longer hair makes a guy look younger (and cuter!) I am so happy Larry decided to finally change his look! :yes:

U2FloridaFan said:

LOVE baby Larry :cute:

:shocked: :faint: :hyper: WOW! I haven't seen RnRHoF yet, I didn't know it was that long! I love it! It would look better fluffy and not greased back (I've said that about Bono sometimes too) but I am ecstatic to see Larry finally has some hair! :up:

Larry (as well as the other three, in my opinion) doesn't get older he just gets better. I wouldn't trade Larry in his early forties for twenty something Larry even if I could.

I'm just noticing that "baby" Larry has a pinky ring and so does "grown up" Larry. You know what they say about men who wear pinky rings....You can't trust them..so I guess we can't trust Larry or Bono...lol :( U2Kitten, it's not the hair, that was just one aspect that I noticed is different obviously from when he was younger...but I do like it shorter. Bono on the other hand I like with the length he has now, or ZooTV length. After all...Larry and Adam have always been known as "the haircuts," so it's interesting that he would let it grow so long. Wonder what it looks like when it's not slicked back...like right out of the shower...hhmmm:drool:

i personally think larry looks better with the sides of his hair shorter, but perhaps not as short as it was at one point...i kinda liked the longer spikey look.

as for looking his age, yes he does, but thats not to say he looks old. He looks 40-ish. something weird happens to us when we turn 40 - i know! LOL. I also think that you're noticing the effects of smoking all these years - fine lines, skin not quite so glowing and fresh.

as for Bono- i surely wish he'd get a hair cut - not short, but longer in the back and layered on the top and sides. I think that if its all one length (like bono and larry currently have it) it has to be slicked back to stay, and that makes it look thinner and not as nice and touchable.

just my 2 cents worth. (but on the flip side, long hair on women over 40 can also look aging unless you have the cheekbones of someone like Rachel Welch (i'm showing my age heh) to pull it off.

U2FloridaFan said:
After all...Larry and Adam have always been known as "the haircuts," so it's interesting that he would let it grow so long. Wonder what it looks like when it's not slicked back...like right out of the shower...hhmmm:drool:

Well not always, ;) think that started in the 90's, as Adam had the longest hair out of all of them, see October cover.

Look at his 'fro, now imagine how long his hair would've been, had he straightened out the 'fro. Larry had longer hair at the time too, funny how people change.

u2bonogirl said:
I agree. Larry is still very good looking but all of a sudden he got a lot more *ahem* mature looking. Hes got wrinkles, and veins that stick out in his forehead from thinner skin....
However, hes still a freakin hottie so what do I care?
Bono started looking older a while ago and I still think hes the yummiest thing to ever grace a stage

Yeah, Larry is finally starting to look a little older. Don't get me wrong....he still looks a bit younger than he is.

Larry is definitely looking his age these days. That's not a bad things, it's a natural thing. He still looks good (though I don't love his--or Bono's--hair), but he's showing his age.

i dunno, time doesn't come on itself... larry still looks gr8!!!! not only his face, but his body!!! :drool: :drool: :wink: Still, imo, i notice a big difference between ATYCLB and HTDAAB.. I dunno... maybe it's just me!! :eyebrow:

"Age" is only a number, Larry and Bono are two of the damn sexiest beasts on the planet:drool: :drool: :drool:

I never thought Larry looked "ageless" or whatever. I do think he's aged very nicely and I still think he looks damn good. Aging can do a person's looks good, IMHO.

elisa519_U2adik said:
larry looked at his best during the pop era.

I agree! especially those photos of him playing guitar on the sleeve:drool:

IMO, Larry always looked alot younger than he really was, like in the early 80's, he looked about 13.

He still looks great, he HAS aged, but i wouldn't say he looks like your average 43 year old -- Larry's NEVER looked average

From around AB era.... Edge did too, not sure if he still does though, hope not, don't want anybody getting lung cancer -- or any sort of cancer for that matter!

Back
Top Bottom