Lanois and a little news about U2's new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoFox1 said:
I just got back from seeing Mr.Lanios in LA..he and his band performed before the movie showing..it was exciting to see him live and the movie was pretty cool too..
mostly instudio teh stuff but very intresting. Danny sang some of my favorite songs and we got to meet him afterwards and took a few pics.
We had a lot of fun .. and it was cool too see a lot of my U2 pals tonight :wave:

Hey BF1!! :hug: I just saw Zey's pix from meeting him. He seems so cute and sweet :)

i went to the 930 showing and it was an amazing film and a fun evening!!
:up: I only had one opportunity to get to Daniel and it was while he was taking press pix, then he got a bit mobbed, so didn't get to speak w/him this time. :( i've met him before and he's very nice, i had hoped to try to get some info on the recording. bonofox1 did u ask about that or get any news?

all in all a great evening, and Billy Bob Thorton blew everyone away w/his monolouge from "Sling Blade!"

^we didnt get a chance to ask about the U2 album, since someone else beat us to it, he said that it was going great! then someone he knew was passing by and he went into the topic of the movie .
I like the movie Sling Blade too bad I missed Billy Bob.

Hey BF1 So very cool- you get to do a lot of exciting stuff!
Glad you enjoyed it.. haven't looked around- have you posted your pix? would love to see them.

:wave: :rockon: :cool:

bonofox1 thanks for your report glad you had a great time :D Looking forward to seeing your photos :D

Oh Keifer Sutherland there I would have loved to have met him ;)

BonoFox1 said:
^we didnt get a chance to ask about the U2 album, since someone else beat us to it, he said that it was going great! then someone he knew was passing by and he went into the topic of the movie .
I like the movie Sling Blade too bad I missed Billy Bob.

oh, i was wondering if billy bob spoke at the first showing? i'm guessing he didn't from the sounds of it. how was the first showing BonoFox1?

and when he said the album was going great did anyone get a mention of time-frame for when it would be done? i'm super curious cuz jesus matt and i are trying to set a wedding date and yes, we're losers...we r now having to take into consideration when/if a 2009 tour is imminent! even tho all signs point that way, i'm not convinced. i remember several times where the internet community geared up for a release and then it took another year for them to finish. :shrug: anyway, i was just wondering if the convo got that far? btw, did u meet him before 630 showing or after? we waited after 930 show and saw john frusciante from the chili peppers :drool: ...but no danny... :(

Last edited:
No Billy Bob didnt speak in the first showing, I didnt even know he was there until we got out and few people we knew told us.

Daniel didnt eleaborate about the U2 album, he just said it was going great and really everyone was crowding him and I just stood to the side of him until the crowd died down a bit, but he seemed eager to greet as many people as possible.

I too wish there was word of the tour, but if the pattern stays the same Im assuming that (hopefully :pray: ) by October and tour next year...But we can only hope!!

BonoFox1 said:
No Billy Bob didnt speak in the first showing, I didnt even know he was there until we got out and few people we knew told us.

Daniel didnt eleaborate about the U2 album, he just said it was going great and really everyone was crowding him and I just stood to the side of him until the crowd died down a bit, but he seemed eager to greet as many people as possible.

I too wish there was word of the tour, but if the pattern stays the same Im assuming that (hopefully :pray: ) by October and tour next year...But we can only hope!!

oh, um...i'm actually praying for a 2010 tour, not next year!! i'm not ready yet!!:no:

Back
Top Bottom