Ladies, Would You Use One Of These?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I can't imagine myself EVER doing that :yuck: The name's funny though :D

"She-pee" urinals bring relief to Glastonbury-goers

LONDON, June 16 (Reuters) - Female revellers at Britain's outdoor Glastonbury Festival will be able to enjoy this year's show without straining their bladders -- courtesy of stand-up urinals.

Organisers have installed two sets of the urinals around the main Pyramid stage for the exclusive use of women, complete with "concierge" attendants to ensure a dignified experience.

Key to the arrangement is a special, anatomically shaped funnel to be handed out to each user.

"There are plenty of places the men can go and have a pee when they're right in the middle of the festival and not near some of the proper toilets. These are the female equivalent of that," said a spokesman for the festival.

"It's equality for women, basically."

The pink-coloured urinals, dubbed "She-pee" by the festival organisers, will be unveiled in a pink ribbon-cutting ceremony at midday on Wednesday, ahead of the three-day event at Pilton, in Somerset, southern England which starts on June 25.

The spokesman said the urinals had been used at other festivals, including in the Netherlands.

"They are well-tested," he said.

:shocked: But yes, I'd use it, if I had to go badly enough.

I guess this means we can finally write our names in the snow, too?

You share these funnel things?? :eyebrow:

Sounds very unsanitary!

I saw those urinals in London once, the kind for men, which aren't porta-potties but just urinals, they go up and pee and even tho they're facing a plastic barrier it's not enclosed.... :eyebrow: :yuck:

no thanks!

lol Olive-I was thinking the same thing. OMG, I hope those funnels are individually packaged and disposable...:uhoh:

And fah, maybe the concierge attendant um, stands behind you or something... I don't know :eyebrow:

I think I'd rather wear Depends :wink:

I bet I could write my name in the snow. It'd probably take a while though... and I'd get really cold...

I can't imagine how you could use one of those without having to drop your pants. I'd probably try it but I imagine I'd still prefer the old fashioned way.

Those urinals were introduced here in Belgium a few years ago at the Werchter festival.
There's a weekly magazine which sponsors Werchter and they put in one with every copy back then. So I had one but I never tried it.
Word was that it was quite handy (!),not queing for hours at a festival. I'd give it a try.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I can't imagine myself EVER doing that :yuck: The name's funny though :D

"She-pee" urinals bring relief to Glastonbury-goers

LONDON, June 16 (Reuters) - Female revellers at Britain's outdoor Glastonbury Festival will be able to enjoy this year's show without straining their bladders -- courtesy of stand-up urinals.

Organisers have installed two sets of the urinals around the main Pyramid stage for the exclusive use of women, complete with "concierge" attendants to ensure a dignified experience.

Key to the arrangement is a special, anatomically shaped funnel to be handed out to each user.

"There are plenty of places the men can go and have a pee when they're right in the middle of the festival and not near some of the proper toilets. These are the female equivalent of that," said a spokesman for the festival.

"It's equality for women, basically."

The pink-coloured urinals, dubbed "She-pee" by the festival organisers, will be unveiled in a pink ribbon-cutting ceremony at midday on Wednesday, ahead of the three-day event at Pilton, in Somerset, southern England which starts on June 25.

The spokesman said the urinals had been used at other festivals, including in the Netherlands.

"They are well-tested," he said.

Ha ha ha ha :laugh: :hmm: Ive never heard of them! Probably if i was desperate :huh:

Back
Top Bottom