Ladies of Pleba, I have a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2philly

The Fly
I just moved in with a boyfriend, which is working out find, except he HATES U2!! arghhhhhhhhhhh teases me terribly and its driving me crazy. He wont even listen to the music. He says all crazy things about them. I think personally very jealous of Bono. Any ladies here have that problem?

I would hope my boyfriend isn't jealous of Bono, or any of my other hobbies. Honestly, I don't know if I could live with someone that hated ANYTHING that I love. Maybe think of something he really likes (sports teams? TV shows?) and ask him how he'd feel if you gave him shit about it everyday.

u2philly said:
teases me terribly .... He says all crazy things about them.

Seriously, this is a respect problem. He doesn't have to like them, but to tease you enough so that you characterize it as "terrible" may be an indication that he doesn't respect you or the things you like. Take a closer look at this man and see what else he doesn't like about you. Talk to him and point out how this bothers you. If he continues to do it, knowing how much it bothers you, then he doesn't respect you, and he deserves to live by himself.

I have no time for people like this. :mad: My husband doesn't like some of the things I like, but he shows respect for my feeling and tastes.

my boyfriend is jealous of bono sometimes.. like when he asks what am I doing.. and i answer "checking out some pics of bono" he answers "okay!!!" hehe.. but it'll work out fine.. because they know somehow is just some kind of dream...
but my bf likes U2.. he just doesn't like when i check out pics of Bono.. lol.. jealousy is totally normal.. don't worry so much

I agree with Martha. He doesn't have to like them, but making fun of them and not respecting your like for them is what bothers me. I'm sure he is jealous of them, but belittling the things you like is a dangerous sign in a relationship and a form of emotional abuse. You deserve better :hug:

I agree with Martha and U2Kitten. He doesn't have to like them, but he's not showing you any respect. I'm the only U2 fan in my family but no one knocks me for being a fan, going to Atlanta to go to shows, all sorts of stuff. This is a problem.

yeah the making fun of u2 is driving me crazy. Ive talked to him about it before. I said to him , you dont respect the things I like. He best stop, because u2 has always been important in my life. I am not giving up the band because of him and he already knows that.. Hes also jealous of my kitties, says i pay more attention to them then him, lol. i just laugh. Getting tired of the jealousy act hes done. Hes got to learn to respect the thinks that I like.. not that he should love the band. I already warned him about the upcoming tour and also the tribute band I go see. Dont know why he would be jealous of Bono thou. its not like I know the man, he best start being concern about the dude from the tribute band.. thats more reality to be jealous of since he looks like bono. and I could interact with him, as talk to him the least.

Sounds like he might have a self-confidence issue if he's constantly jealous or feeling threatened by U2 and your cats. Maybe there's something you guys could do together, like find a band you both like and go to some concerts, to take his mind off the other stuff?

hes not really into music like im into. I have friends thank heavens that are U2 fans. They also like the same music as me. Im redoing the middle room as a music room. all u2..I need space and thats what im doing.

If he picks on your favorite band and your pets, he sounds like a control freak that wants you to 'prove' you love him more than anything by giving up everything else that you love. My cousin got one of those. She had 2 dogs and 2 cats and he made her get rid of them but he kept his stupid dog! He was so jealous of her relationship with her brothers they went to counseling over it. She agreed to stay away from her brothers except on holidays and then only for a limited time! He didn't want her to hang with any of us in the family or any of her old friends. He made her quit her job, and she had her own business! Would you believe she actually MARRIED this drip? As soon as they were married, they moved to a faraway state. That was his final way of breaking her away from all she loved. He's fat, ugly and bald too. What does he have going for him? MONEY. He owns several resturant franchises and has a couple million. But it wouldn't be worth it to me. I'd have kicked his ass out ages ago.

I broke up with a control freak. He was trying to force me into a marriage, and gosh, we hardly knew each other. We didn't live in the same town. He put me on all sorts of guilt trips. It was a nightmare. If I hadn't broken off that relationship, I'd be an abused spouse right now. Sheesh.

my man isnt a control freak.. just a jealous man, lol. he knows im not giving up my u2 obsession or my cats for anyone..

Doesn't like U2 OR kitties??!! I don't think I like this guy :down: :madspit:

Don't let him make your life miserable :hug:

I say trade him in on Tony of UF:drool: ;)

Sorry, I hope you don't think we've been kinda hard on him, but when you post this on a U2 board, we're naturally not going to think the best of him:lol: Best of luck. Take care of yourself, your cats, and your U2 collection. See you next tour! :wave:

No your not being hard here. U2 fans are and always will be my other family. We understand eachother. We carry eachother..

Back
Top Bottom