Lackage of PLEBAns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by daisybean:
Huh????? Do you mean that the "missing PLEBANs" are posting in a "missing PLEBAn" thread?

"Isn't it ironic, don'tcha think"

well, not really. i mean, i made this thread inquiring about these missing people we love so much in hopes to find out where they are and to get them to post here and let us know they still exist and love us
smile.gif

P.S. MissZooropa! i actually asked about you when i opend the thread, but then deleted it cuz i personally have been slacking in my attendance here and thought i saw that you had posted in a couple threads.

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
Love ya all. Now somebody start a hot Edge pics thread, PRONTO!!!!! Maybe we need an Edge's pants thread. Bedazzled is way cooler than Gucci in my opinion!
biggrin.gif

DING! DING!

yeah, Heartland girl! i'm all about that! we DEFinately need some o' THAT! yee haw!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~Julie*

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

Originally posted by WildHonee:
PLOT: *thickens*

Or it could just be the air. It's been pretty warm. Hm.

I feel ya, MissZoo.

BONO: *feels left out*

MONA: What're you doing feelin' left out, when you could feel my....AURA?

hee hee--

JULIE: *feels Bono up*

------------------
~Julie*

(MPS)

ok, last comment. for today.

promise.
biggrin.gif

OMD! *HUGS to two of her favorite PLEBAns!*

Fishy! Elizabeth!

i applied to Salisbury U. can you guys tell me a little about it and what you thought of it? i have no idea where i want to go, but it'd be so great to hear what you guys have to say about it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

also, Kristie~ if you do go there, please tell me about it!
biggrin.gif

i'm so excited. PLEBA spans throughout several countries, yet is such a small small world. *grand hugs to all PLEBAns*

------------------
~Julie*

(MPS)

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:

P.S. MissZooropa! i actually asked about you when i opend the thread, but then deleted it cuz i personally have been slacking in my attendance here and thought i saw that you had posted in a couple threads.

smile.gif
smile.gif

You did?? *happy* You kind of made my day, I don't think anyone has ever asked for me before when I haven't been around. Sorry that I never got to read that, it would have been a VERY nice surprice!
Thanks now, for thinking of me.
smile.gif

*goes away singing*

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

hee hee--

JULIE: *feels Bono up*

O_O

Holy feckin mother of dad I'm SO scandalized!
wink.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Hey Elizabeth and Clumsey!!! You asked about my SSU connection...I live in Maryland, and my brother attended SSU.

He had an awesome time, he swam for their swimteam for two semesters and loved that too. Clumsey you may want to rely on Elizabeth for more specific details...but Elizabeth...I am LOL at you running by his house clucking!!! What's up Perdue Stadium?

And my favorite memory from visiting my brother is all of us driving in the car to campus through chicken country, and I was like "OMG what IS that smell!?!" and everyone in the car in a deadpan, very bored voice answered "chickens."

Purdue is everywhere down there!!!

So Kristie...you answer was kind of vague...are you in Salibury, or the surrounding area...because good ol' MD has also seemed to skip winter this year!

Ok sorry for the long post, but I am always so excited when I find people from my area!

Clumsey...where else did you apply? I am currently attending Towson University, and it has a really challenging art program...but I don't know what you major is, so I can't really help you out if it's not art, since the art building is kind of seperate from the rest of the campus!

Yes so, what lesson have we learned today children? Fishy is Long-winded...

And what is this about a double standard?

Fishy <><

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

Wednesday + MPS = NAKED TIME!!!

"Except it may have been Care Bears" ~Opal

this is so funny!!

Kristie goes to Purdue in Indiana. Frank Perdue is the chicken dude on the eastern shore of MD.

I went to SSU from 1993-1997, ran cross country and track, was the sports editor of the newspaper, worked for the Bio Dept, was in the honors program, and double majored.

I have to say, I LOVED COLLEGE.

I totally miss it. I really enjoyed my time there, i had friends in many different disciplines and social groups. The size of the school made that possible in my opinion. It was big enough to not know everyone, but small enough not to intimidate.

And the new construction on campus is really changing it from a small, eastern shore institution. The faculty that I worked with were bright, challenging and fun. Especially Dr. Whall in the honors program. I still get a little personal note from him in every alumni update. I love it!!!

I miss college.

Fishy- I have friends who live in the towson area and went there for grad school in school psych and Occupational Therapy. Where did you go to high school??? I went to Glenelg in Howard County!!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Kristie = confuzzled
Kristie = at Purdue University in Indiana
Kristie's Salisbury = a street about half a mile away with a lot of restaraunts and stuff on it
You People's Salisbury = a university in maryland?

yes? no? huh?

Originally posted by J-Tree:
not meaning to fan the flames...

*sighs*

call me biased, but my double-standard radar is going off hardcore...
rolleyes.gif

if you smell what this Tree is cooking...

Ok, I really don't know what you mean. And I'm not going to embarrass myself by trying to guess (I'll just embarrass myself by mispelling "embarrass")

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Ditto! Well put
smile.gif

Thanks! I'm just glad people agree with me on this. I really want PLEBA to keep being tha happy, fun, overly-hormonal place it's always been for me.
smile.gif

And Mona (or should I say "Charlie")... LMAO!!! I want Bono to paint *my* fence!

*realizes innuendo of last sentence*

*scandalizes self*

*decides to keep sentence anyway*
wink.gif

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
my favorite memory from visiting my brother is all of us driving in the car to campus through chicken country, and I was like "OMG what IS that smell!?!" and everyone in the car in a deadpan, very bored voice answered "chickens."

Purdue is everywhere down there!!!

Ok sorry for the long post, but I am always so excited when I find people from my area!

Clumsey...where else did you apply? I am currently attending Towson University, and it has a really challenging art program...but I don't know what you major is, so I can't really help you out if it's not art, since the art building is kind of seperate from the rest of the campus!

Yes so, what lesson have we learned today children? Fishy is Long-winded...

Fishy <><

O-M-D!!!!!

OMDOMDOMDOMD!

ok, Fishy- i loved your stories and was cracking up at them, but when i read that you went to Towson and are involved in the art department, i completely FLIPPED OUT!

i applied to:
1) Towson
2) St. Mary's
(not Mount St. Mary's~ everyone always asks)
3) Salisbury University (you know they changed it from SSU to SU just this year or last year? thought you'd like to know
smile.gif
)

this is all so crazy. lol. i was JUST talking to my mom about how i have to go up there for some tour and how i have to call this friend of mine and scedule a day to spend the night with her over there! crazy crazy crazy. lol. oh! and ALSO, i'm way into art. i had been planning on majoring or minoring in it in college, but just recently decided against it for how very competitive it is.

p.s. ~ i love you're long-winded~ness! i am also QUITE that way.
wink.gif
i blame it on my Bono~itis. besides, everything you said was very funny and helpful! and you're right! it is SO exciting to find out things like this~ ppl so close to home.
smile.gif

*HUGS to Fishy*

------------------
~Julie*

(MPS)

[This message has been edited by FallDownJulie (edited 02-24-2002).]

Originally posted by elizabeth:

I went to SSU from 1993-1997, ran cross country and track, was the sports editor of the newspaper, worked for the Bio Dept, was in the honors program, and double majored.

I have to say, I LOVED COLLEGE.

I totally miss it. I really enjoyed my time there, i had friends in many different disciplines and social groups. The size of the school made that possible in my opinion. It was big enough to not know everyone, but small enough not to intimidate.

And the new construction on campus is really changing it from a small, eastern shore institution. The faculty that I worked with were bright, challenging and fun. Especially Dr. Whall in the honors program. I still get a little personal note from him in every alumni update. I love it!!!

I went to Glenelg in Howard County!!!

GAH! you guys really are (or were) RIGHT HERE! OMD! this is so funny!

*sings 'it's a small world'*

this is so great and so perfect! i need to make some decisions about where i'm going and i have two ppl here who are going to or went to 2 out of the 4 places i applied to! lol.

frown.gif
this is definately the perfect opportunity to ask you guys questions, but i have no idea what to ask. well, at least i know that they're good colleges b/c of how much fun you guys are saying you've had there, (lol) especially you, Elizabeth!

thanks so much for everything! if i have any questions for you later, it's nice you know i know where i can find you
smile.gif

PLEBA~ where everybody knows your name...

*hums 'Cheers' tune*

dude! WHO was the one who first revamped that song to fit PLEBA, b/c i keep forgetting, but i LOVE it and completely worship you! lol

------------------
~Julie*

(MPS)

O-M-D!!!!!

OMDOMDOMDOMD!

ok, Fishy- i loved your stories and was cracking up at them, but when i read that you went to Towson and are involved in the art department, i completely FLIPPED OUT!

i applied to:
1) Towson
2) St. Mary's
(not Mount St. Mary's~ everyone always asks)
3) Salisbury University (you know they changed it from SSU to SU just this year or last year? thought you'd like to know
smile.gif
)

DOOD for some reason I never knew where you applied to college. I bet you would have told me in Statistics class, though....

*is beaten by Julie*

I applied to
Catholic (I AM IN LOVETH with that place)
Georgetown
and University of MD which I got into but I don't wanna go there....gr.

What thread is this? O well. *wanders back out to paint Bono's fence*

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

Just one word about colleges and then I'll shut up:

Don't come to Miami...

thank you...

We now return you to your normal thread.

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Just one word about colleges and then I'll shut up:

Don't come to Miami...

thank you...

We now return you to your normal thread.

awwww.....hippy.......((((((SERIOUS HUGS)))))

Hey Julie and Elizabeth! Wow it is a small world! You know...I think that is the first time I have called you Julie...weird.

Anyway...clumsey...where do you and Mona go to school? I went to Towson High.

Clums, if you ever have questions about Towson feel free to email me, I would highly recommend either a major or a minor in art, I don't know if you have toured the school at all, but when you do, if you tour the fine arts building, don't be turned off by the shabby appearence. It is an old building, but it has lots of personality, and besides, the professors are what makes the program so great. Construction starts next year on a new fine arts building, since this one is an EPA/OSHA nightmare.
smile.gif
I don't know where you are in MD, but are you planning on living on campus or commuting? I commute since I live in Towson, and I just transferred in last year, so I had had enough of the dorm life at my other school...
But according to Elizabeth and my brother Salisbury is a great school as well, and Elizabeth is right, the new construction is really making that campus rather beautiful.

well anyway...I'm rambling again...

You know...maybe we should start a college thread...it might not be a bad idea...those of you who are applying for college could list the schools you were considering, and those of us who have been through the selection process, or have acctually attended those schools could give you guys advice...well that's my two cents...

Fishy

------------------
The Macphisto Society
Being Bad Never Looked So Good

Wednesday + MPS = NAKED TIME!!!

"Except it may have been Care Bears" ~Opal

FISHY-

i think that is an awesome idea about the college thread. Very helpful.

We could also write recommendation letters.

"I highly recommed Julie for your college. She participated in the development and organization of a long term event with a large base of participation. She prepared submissions, handled details, and showed creativity and dedication. The PLEBA scavenger hunt was a success because of her efforts."

LOL!!!
wink.gif

FISHY- what year did you grad from Towson? I have a best friend who graduated in 1995, i think. Caroline Rolker.
her mom is a nurse at the health center at Towson Univ. Caroline was in my wedding. if you go to the health center and see Nurse Doreen Rolker, think...."her daughter was in elizabeth's wedding."

------------------
***ALOTWU***

[This message has been edited by elizabeth (edited 02-24-2002).]

Fishy you are a genius!!

I think a college thread is an amazing idea... I don't start applying for college until next year, but I want to begin looking now, considering that I change my future career every MONTH. So it would be a lot of help to hear about colleges from other people before I begin looking myself and applying...

And there's too many colleges I'm considering, and too many suggestions I'm getting from teachers and my parents, so I am seriously stuck, and I would appreciate any help I could get... so I say we have a college thread!!

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Haven't been around for quite some time. I don't know, just don't feel like I fit in anymore ( if I ever did LOL ). I check in here every now and then to check out new (and old) yummylicious photos, but hardly ever posts and noone seems to notice anyway so, no loss.
biggrin.gif

I agree with Desire4Bono and daisybean, too much Adam pants for me.

Aw, Miss Zooropa, I like you! I hope you will come around more, I know you like the Bonolicious pics like I do! PLEASE come here more and post more!

There were several days in a row where this place was dead IMO. Every time I checked in, the 'pants' stuff was active and there was nothing else going on. I mean when the 'pants' stuff takes over, and those are the only threads being posted in, everyone else just goes away, and that's sad! Oh, yes, I know there is room for everything and we can all post what we like but I think what happened is when something is so dominant that it takes over, it seems like all those who are not into that subject just ignore the forum or drift away.

We can't let that happen! We can all come up with something else we do like and keep that going too! Hopefully it can ALL keep running and not let our hot pics or our enthusiasm for the forum die! Stay, Miss Zooropa, and the pics will be enough!
wink.gif

College thread is an excellent idea...there are a lot of things I wish I had known about college...we need some good discussion around here!
smile.gif

Off with the pants...let's talk college!
wink.gif

Or just off with the pants...lol

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Oooh, college thread... Nice. I need help w/ college.
biggrin.gif
Fishy I should really talk to you about being an art major!

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
I care even less about college than I do Adam's pants. But don't mind me. I'll just go look for some hot pics in another thread. Carry on.

LOL...I could post some "hot pics" of my college campus...
wink.gif
We'll make sure the college thread doesn't take over...promise cross my heart
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
LOL Hippy- but I doubt the guys at your college can come close to the hotness of U2
wink.gif
! BTW thanks for trying to get the pics going the other night, good luck in college!

*sigh* Tis true...no boy here could EVER measure up to the men of U2...all the guys here are pricks anyway...
smile.gif
that's why I'm here all the time
wink.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

*sigh* Tis true...no boy here could EVER measure up to the men of U2...all the guys here are pricks anyway...
smile.gif
wink.gif

I hope you didn't give them my BF application....

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

all the guys here are pricks anyway...
smile.gif
wink.gif

Same with high school boys... and there's no hope for college either because all college guys are boys who used to be in high school!
wink.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I hope you didn't give them my BF application....

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I should!
wink.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Back
Top Bottom