LA pics of The Larry Mullen Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellyahern

Blue Crack Supplier
8 years and I still can't think of anything witty
from CHIPTHEORYx's flickr album
b980e97a.jpg

from u2.com
1dff74d2.jpg

72f0985c.jpg

e3733797.jpg

f70e6db9.jpg

Thanks Kelly! I love those t-shirts! And I love that, in the third photo, Bono is looking at Edge like "hey, they're playing this song better than we do".

Once again, thanks Kelly... :wave: These are adorable.

They obviously had those T-shirts made up at a local place for everyone for The Baby's birthday, the same kind of place any one of us could go to to have a T made -- the line forms on the left, ladies!

Any chance one of you wizards could give a clear close-up of the print, just in case I run into some Einstein at the T-shirt place?

:cute: Thanks for posting Kelly! :up:

Must get me one of those t-shirts! :shifty: :giggle:

kellyahern said:

Oh, just a pic for the caption thread - the look on Bono and Edges' faces... :giggle:

kellyahern said:
For some reason I thought Exit broke up :confused:. I guess not, which is good :) (they're the band playing onstage with U2).

They have a new lead vocalist and are no longer a tribute band- they're writing their own stuff now, but they're still very much around.

RocknRollKitty said:
Is this Larry's birthday party?

:yes:

They changed into the Larry Mullen Band shirts for the last encore and Bono came out and asked us to sing happy birthday to Larry. After the show, Larry thanked everyone for coming to his birthday party and told us to leave his gifts at the door. :wink:

Even the crew had those shirts on before the show...it was really cute.

Larry Mullen Band Shirt - June 11, 2001

Hi, all.

Actually, I made a shirt very similar to the one the boys wore last night back in 2001. I threw it up on stage at the June 11 Philly Elevation show and Larry saw it and draped it over his bass drum - he played the whole enore with it on the drum. I quickly went out and made more shirts - 4 to be exact and gave them to 3 wonderful friends that I made all because of that shirt. We have been wearing them to various Vertigo shows as well.
I would post an attachement with a picture of us in the shirts but I am not able.

Paola P.

Are you friends with Jenny S.? :D

I know she had it in Brooklyn last year and I saw her in Pittsburgh after the show and she was sporting it :heart:

And those pictures are just awesome! :hyper:

Re: Re: LA pics of The Larry Mullen Band

arw9797 said:

:ohmy: she's playing the Explorer! :drool: Maybe that's why Edge has a funny look on his face...

I had a GA ticket to last night's show but couldn't go so I sold it :mad:

I believe the reason for the look on The Edge's face was that while he was sitting down talking with Bono, he seemed to showing that he recognized this guitarist Courtney, because she has been up onstage with U2 on at least 2 prior occasions.

Bono had picked the band out at the tip of the ellipse saying "it pays to advertise" and when the girls got to the stage, I believe The Edge knew exactly who Courtney was and as he sat there with Bono, he was gesturing to her as he talked to Bono.

The photographer must have been right in front of me because this is the same angle I had inside the ellipse.

Hi Paola!!!!!!!!

As already established, YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!

A U2 crew member (Tommy, maybe??) came out and took a picture of D. wearing her "Larry Mullen Band" shirt while we were hanging out in DC. He LOVED IT! I believe he also showed the picture to Larry, who, of course, knows of and (hearts) you girls!

So, isn't it awesome that the band loves the shirts enough to sport them, too?!?!

Paola, your "LMB" shirt idea from Elevation has now become inspiration for a part of "U2 history!"

Love ya, girl!!

JJ

Back
Top Bottom