LA pics of The Larry Mullen Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
bf9242e3.jpg
Bullfight? :)

Re: Re: Larry Mullen Band Shirt - June 11, 2001

CelticSoul said:

Paola,

thank you for being the woman who created "The Larry Mullen Band" t-shirts back in 2001. Because of that shirt, we connected, and now we have a friendship that I truly treasure.

I always wear the LMB t-shirt you made for me with Pride! I also wish I had the picture of us in our LMB shirts handy so I could post them here to show my pride.

It just warms my little heart that U2 wore shirts that are eerily similar in LA last night at Larry's 44th birthday.

Love always,
Jenny S.

I know you! :wave:
It's me, Barbara, from the NYC shows, Philly, etc. Awesome story behind the shirts!

:drool: Scrumptious pics!!! Thanks to Kelly & all for posting them. :yes: :up:

:hmm: Makes me wonder what little tricks they might have up their sleeves for the 21st... :hmm: :hyper: :D

U2girlInVA said:

Actually, I will be auctioning off the 2005 version of the shirt starting on Nov. 7 at noon for the African Well Fund Got Water Virtual Auction. I made 10 new versions of the shirt (this time with drum kit on front and 'it's all about drums' on back) for this tour and it is the last one available. I hope you all check out the auction as there will be many U2 collectors items etc up for grabs!

what is the address of the auction?

Re: Re: Re: Larry Mullen Band Shirt - June 11, 2001

luvresqme said:

YAY!!! some of my favorite ladies in their amazing shirts!! :heart:

who knew what a simple t-shirt idea would lead to... :wink: i know it got Larry's attention at his last birthday show on 10/31/01 in Providence, when he gave D his bottle of champagne. and now look what's happened 4 years later- he's sporting the shirt himself! :hyper:

fantastic idea, paola!! congrats to all the lovely LMB girls, J, P, T, and D!!! :hug: :heart:

- alice

Last edited:
:cute:!! *squel*
Those are the sweetest pictures I've seen!
Larry looks so good :dance: :drool:

If anyone is thinking about making LMB shirts, I would be VERY interested in buying one.

hay said:

If anyone is thinking about making LMB shirts, I would be VERY interested in buying one.

Ditto!:dance: This is just SO hilarious!!

Thanks so much for the pics Kelly! :)

anettajay said:
U2girlInVA said:

Actually, I will be auctioning off the 2005 version of the shirt starting on Nov. 7 at noon for the African Well Fund Got Water Virtual Auction. I made 10 new versions of the shirt (this time with drum kit on front and 'it's all about drums' on back) for this tour and it is the last one available. I hope you all check out the auction as there will be many U2 collectors items etc up for grabs!

what is the address of the auction?

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/theafricanwellfund

and also

http://www.missionfish.org/NPMMF/nphomepage.jsp?NP_ID=5272

Paola's right - we will have lots of cool stuff - make sure you check it out

Re: Re: Re: Larry Mullen Band Shirt - June 11, 2001

ruffian said:

I know you! :wave:
It's me, Barbara, from the NYC shows, Philly, etc. Awesome story behind the shirts!

Hey Barbara!

I didn't get your e-mail in NYC. We need to keep in touch! Medical Anthropologists are some of my favorite people. The great conversations we can have. I could learn a lot from you. I don't want to ask for contact on a public forum so I will get your info from Khelia.

Jenny S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Larry Mullen Band Shirt - June 11, 2001

CelticSoul said:

Hey Barbara!

I didn't get your e-mail in NYC. We need to keep in touch! Medical Anthropologists are some of my favorite people. The great conversations we can have. I could learn a lot from you. I don't want to ask for contact on a public forum so I will get your info from Khelia.

Jenny S.

sounds great, or you can email me at ruffian @ u2email.com and I'll give you my other email address from there. I hope I see you at some other shows this tour?

Re: Larry Mullen Band Shirt - June 11, 2001

U2girlInVA said:
Hi, all.

Actually, I made a shirt very similar to the one the boys wore last night back in 2001. I threw it up on stage at the June 11 Philly Elevation show and Larry saw it and draped it over his bass drum - he played the whole enore with it on the drum. I quickly went out and made more shirts - 4 to be exact and gave them to 3 wonderful friends that I made all because of that shirt. We have been wearing them to various Vertigo shows as well.
I would post an attachement with a picture of us in the shirts but I am not able.

Paola P.

Hey Paola, I remember that story from Elevation! :up: I remember you wearing that shirt in DC too.

Amazing how they got the idea from you. :)

-Sheila

Last edited:
does anyone know if larry got his sun tattoo removed? i don't really see it anymore...but then he could just be waering shirts with sleeves long enough to cover it....

great pictures, thanks a lot! =)

Back
Top Bottom