Kidnap threat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rini

The Fly
"Following the Enniskillen bombing that left 11 dead and 63 injured on 8 November 1987, the Provisional IRA paramilitaries threatened to kidnap Bono. IRA supporters also attacked a vehicle carrying the band members. These acts were in response to his speech condemning the Remembrance Day Bombing during a live performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday.[3] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bono

I've never heard this before - has anyone else? Wikipedia can be edited by anyone so who knows how accurate it is.

I know U2 was told by police not to include "Pride" in a concert while in Arizona because someone had made a shooting threat (that's where Bono sang it anyway and looked up at the end of the song and Adam was standing protectively in front of him) but the above quote is new to me.

If it's true, then these boys have parts made out of brass (not to get personal, but you get the idea).

Rini said:
"Following the Enniskillen bombing that left 11 dead and 63 injured on 8 November 1987, the Provisional IRA paramilitaries threatened to kidnap Bono. IRA supporters also attacked a vehicle carrying the band members. These acts were in response to his speech condemning the Remembrance Day Bombing during a live performance of Sunday Bloody Sunday.[3] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bono

I've never heard this before - has anyone else? Wikipedia can be edited by anyone so who knows how accurate it is.

I know U2 was told by police not to include "Pride" in a concert while in Arizona because someone had made a shooting threat (that's where Bono sang it anyway and looked up at the end of the song and Adam was standing protectively in front of him) but the above quote is new to me.

If it's true, then these boys have parts made out of brass (not to get personal, but you get the idea).

There's something in U2 by U2 about it the IRA making some threats, although I didn't think it was a specific kidnap threat.

you know I hate when people put up subject lines that lead the reader to believe that the article is a current event. You read something is fictionpedia and you take it a gospel. Anyone can and does post BS in Wikipedia. It's a rubbish site. Period.

The alledged kiddingnapping plot was over what 15 years ago? Yet you post a tag line of "Kidnap plot" It's manipulatives and it leads the reader to believe that this is a current event. During these dangerous times that we live in, let's not even spark the idea of a kidnapping plot. Now saying all that. Read the Dang Blasted book U2 by U2 for your answer. It's quite humorous when you read it.

msdw59 said:
you know I hate when people put up subject lines that lead the reader to believe that the article is a current event. You read something is fictionpedia and you take it a gospel. Anyone can and does post BS in Wikipedia. It's a rubbish site. Period.

The alledged kiddingnapping plot was over what 15 years ago? Yet you post a tag line of "Kidnap plot" It's manipulatives and it leads the reader to believe that this is a current event. During these dangerous times that we live in, let's not even spark the idea of a kidnapping plot. Now saying all that. Read the Dang Blasted book U2 by U2 for your answer. It's quite humorous when you read it.

You know, I wondered if that would be a problem but I wasn't sure how to handle it. I won't do it again. I apologize to anyone who was alarmed by this.

Back
Top Bottom