just weird U2-related goings on...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I've said it before but I'll say it again, esp. cos I'm swiggin' a big ol' glass of wine at present: my life pretty much revolves around U2. So anything (and I mean ANYTHING) U2-related on any given day just perks me right up! (I'm such a GEEK!)
wink.gif

Like last night at a local play with friends, one of the lines was: "...he has a heavy foot." Well you just KNOW who I thought of immediately: one Mr. Lardence Mullen, of course.
smile.gif
(BTW, if any of you get a chance to see the play "I love you, you're perfect, now change!" Do it, you'll be happy you did!)

And today, at Ross (Dress for Less!), what comes over the PA/radio, but "Sweetest Thing"!!! Now, I have never heard ST even once on regular radio, so I let out a little shriek of excitement...unfort. for me the two women next to me thought I was gasping over the gastly outfits they were showing each other...then they gave me a little tight-lipped, eyebrow-raised smile, like "Oh, the poor odd crazy lady..."
smile.gif

Ah well...life in U2 world. Tell me I'm not alone, Pleba gals...

Disco...>hic<

No you are not crazy. Crazy is enduring that when you have your children around. One time, Beautiful Day was on a radio driving through the parking lot of Kmart. That is when my adorable Sammi, said "Daddy, that is mommy's boyfriend." I happened to watch VH1 to 10 countdowns (a little too many times) when Beautiful Day was played.

But I have to admit never had the experience in a store. Was it Musak or real music that was playing at Ross?

------------------
u2achtungbaby.homestead.com

Come on take me away
Come on take me home
Home again

Originally posted by u2achtungbaby:
That is when my adorable Sammi, said "Daddy, that is mommy's boyfriend."

LOL@ mommy's boyfriend!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined efforts of everybody I've ever known."
-Chuck Palahniuk, 'Invisible Monsters'

yeah, those kiddies say the funniest things.....a few weeks ago, i was taking my cousin's kids to a "playland" or somekind of kiddie place.....so of course, U2 was playing in my car...(nothing unusual there)...anyway, we are jammin' to Mysterious ways..."it's alright, it's alright, it's alright...she moves in mysterious ways..." after a while the kiddos start yelling..."OKAY!, OKAY!... we know it's alright!! Then they ask me, Maria, "why does he keep saying...it's alright!" I could not believe those kids, I told them that's Bono singing, and he can sing whatever he wants!!!
eek6.gif

Well, needless to say, we still managed to have a good time!!! Even if those kids dissed on Bono!!!
smile.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

heh "mommy's boyfriend" - that's cute! Hope your spouse is very understanding!
smile.gif

Yes, it was the real song, not muzak! Y'all should have seen me:

Yaaawwwwnnn...ho-hum [pawing thru rack]...ugly..ugly...eew, nasty!...ugly...ugly...
[piano strains of ST start] I freeze. My eyes bug. I cock my head. I strain to hear.
Surely. It can't be U2.
SURELY. It CAN'T be SWEETEST THING?!?!? ]
"WHOOP!!! [insert looks from ladies here] OMG! OMG! This is freaking me OUT!!! [sings rather loudly] "Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl, "OH-HO, THE SWEETEST THING!!"
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

5 minutes that made my day....

Disco

Originally posted by u2achtungbaby:
No you are not crazy.
"Daddy, that is mommy's boyfriend."
Was it Musak or real music that was playing at Ross?

Last night I went shopping and the music was this chick singing a version of ISHFWILF, just as I was trying on the Sparky-would-be-proud pants, and when I left the fitting room I passed by this camoflague (I can't spell tonight) belt and thought of Larry hotness. lol So there I am grinning to myself and everyone around me is thinking I'm just a shopaholic when it wasn't that at all. lol
smile.gif

Also last week I was kind of depressed (guy-or lack of one-related) and when I got in the car, Stuck was on the radio!

I love it when they just "pop" up out of nowhere.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"A vampire or a victim, it depends on who's around."

-April

LOL Disco,
We have to go shopping together someday!
I was shopping for my boyfriend one day and was debating whether or not I should get him a big screen tent (He wanted one for about a year). While I was debating what should come on the loudspeaker but "The Sweetest Thing". So I took that as a sign and bought the thing and he loves it.
Also the day I failed my chem exam, when I got into the car to go out for a "Yay, you failed big time" dinner, I heard "WOOOO HOOOO, WOOO HOO-OOO!" It was elevation! I thought it would be the end of the song, but I caught the beginning. Hooray for U2!
, Bluey

------------------
"Yeah, Bono's a nice bunch of guys" - The Edge.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Last night I went shopping and the music was this chick singing a version of ISHFWILF, just as I was trying on the Sparky-would-be-proud pants, and when I left the fitting room I passed by this camoflague (I can't spell tonight) belt and thought of Larry hotness. lol So there I am grinning to myself and everyone around me is thinking I'm just a shopaholic when it wasn't that at all. lol
smile.gif

Also last week I was kind of depressed (guy-or lack of one-related) and when I got in the car, Stuck was on the radio!

I love it when they just "pop" up out of nowhere.
biggrin.gif

First of all April...you're nuts...LOL. When I work nights at the hospital, I always listen to the same station, because at this point one of the DJs is quite familiar with my U2 fixation - when he gets an email from me at 3am saying "I need a fix" - he'll play something for me - usually something from Achtung Baby
biggrin.gif
Makes the shift that much nicer!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

haha!! Kathleen that is a definite sign of U2 obsession: we have our local radio dj's trained!
biggrin.gif
I love that! lol!

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined efforts of everybody I've ever known."
-Chuck Palahniuk, 'Invisible Monsters'

Well over here (England) our major football program has a specially remixed version of Beautiful Day as the theme tune.

Now, because ITV have nicked the program from BBC, they are constantly advertising it so every five minutes you get a clip of Beautiful Day....so guess who goes nutty every five minutes much to the despair of her long-suffering boyfriend
biggrin.gif

Yeah, let's GO!!! Okay totally un-U2 related...well, okay maybe a little. U2 and shopping.
wink.gif

so I'm already trying to find that perfect 'rock and roll' outfit...so there I am trying on flared pants and even groovier pants with those threaded leather strips up the sides...oh my lord. I laughed myself right out of the dressing room and right on out of the store! The fashionistas are right: if you've worn it once, and it comes around again...FUGGEDDABOUDIT. You just end up lookin' like a big dork. And not just any dork. An OLD dork. :p

Disco...the geezer

Originally posted by blueeyes:
LOL Disco, We have to go shopping together someday!

Earlier I was watching Rock Across America on Vh1 and they only mentioned elevation being at #7 and showed 5 seconds of it. I literally yelled at the TV "I WANTED TO SEE THE GIRAFFE!" My family thinks I'm insane. I just love seeing Bono talk to that giraffe. And even though I hate Mtv I watch their commercial breaks sometimes to see the commericials for the music video awards where they mention U2. *confession* We're all crazy.
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

You know you're obsessed when your uncle who hasn't seen you or really talked to you much in three years comes up for the weekend and will joke that your car will reject any cd that isn't U2.
smile.gif
(He's my favorite uncle so it's alright, lol)

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"A vampire or a victim, it depends on who's around."

-April

Hey that should be a new thread. Yknow how Jeff Foxworthy's whole thing is 'you might be a red neck if...'

WELL you might be a U2 fan if-- I got nothing. I can't think of anything clever! Never mind.
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

If when choosing between two Gatorade flavors... you go for the bottle with the E.D.G.E. (ergonomically designed gatorade experience)
biggrin.gif

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Back
Top Bottom