Just saw & taped the new video!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkys girl

Refugee
Thank God, I did not have to sit there too long, only about 1.5hrs. More than enough for my taste. But it was worth it.
The bulk of the video was filmed at the Astrodome in Houston. The guys were probably just "blue screened" unto the back ground images. I doubt they would have flown back to Houston to film their scenes.

I almost missed it though, I was gonna check my tape to make sure it was ok to record on, the next thing you know I see a LEMON, then ugly John Madden comes out talking about a football game at the "unforgettable firedome" on a "sunday bloody sunday", that is all I needed to hear! I was jumping around like a fool, scared the heck out of my cats, but I taped it!!!

It is a light hearted video, I would have loved more band...especially Adam, he looked best!!! He was even wearing those sandals I love....gotta love a man who has a shoe thing, like myself!!! Okay, I gotta calm down, I just wanted to share my good news with you guys!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

If you want to kiss the sky..Better learn how to kneel..(on your knees boy!)

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
Thank God, I did not have to sit there too long, only about 1.5hrs. More than enough for my taste. But it was worth it.
The bulk of the video was filmed at the Astrodome in Houston. The guys were probably just "blue screened" unto the back ground images. I doubt they would have flown back to Houston to film their scenes.

I almost missed it though, I was gonna check my tape to make sure it was ok to record on, the next thing you know I see a LEMON, then ugly John Madden comes out talking about a football game at the "unforgettable firedome" on a "sunday bloody sunday", that is all I needed to hear! I was jumping around like a fool, scared the heck out of my cats, but I taped it!!!

It is a light hearted video, I would have loved more band...especially Adam, he looked best!!! He was even wearing those sandals I love....gotta love a man who has a shoe thing, like myself!!! Okay, I gotta calm down, I just wanted to share my good news with you guys!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

yay!! I've been WAITING to tape it. We'll see on TRL tomorrow...we'll see *dramatic music mainly violins and brass*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

thanks Mona, i am still all giddy about it, there are so many U2 references in the video, most ppl probably won't get, but then, we Pleba gals, see all and know all about U2 stuff!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

***Maria***

Yeah, the PLEBA girls will get it and that's all that counts!
wink.gif

I saw the video tonight too! At about 8:12 or so PM On MTV. Must have seen it the same time as you! LOL. Finally my persistent watching of MTV paid off. Saw many videos that I could have passed on, but I was hoping they would show U2 since they've been showing many videos from those who will perform at the VMAs and then I hear John Madden and I'm all excited, I pressed record on the VCR remote, lol and I was clapping and all happy as I watched the video.

Great video!

I guess U2 seem to like Joseph Kahn as a director, eh?

tania

------------------
I can't even say the word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

I'm glad you got to see it and you didn't have to suffer too long waiting for it! Maybe I'll give MTV a try, but just my luck I'll be tortured with hours of boy bands and shrieking girls and rap metal first!

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
I'm glad you got to see it and you didn't have to suffer too long waiting for it! Maybe I'll give MTV a try, but just my luck I'll be tortured with hours of boy bands and shrieking girls and rap metal first!

that was my worst fear too gypsy....though i did endure that alien ant farm remake of smooth criminal and some song about a guy "grabbin on your booty"!!! LOL...I tell you, the things we will do for these guys!!! Sheesh!
biggrin.gif

------------------

***Maria***

about Joseph Khan...some ppl on EYKIW have been trashing the concept for the video, to tell you the truth, at first I thought,"wah....what the heck is john madden doing in a U2 video". I freaked out, but then I realised it is just a different take on the song. I am sure, the guys would not go with an idea that seemed "silly" to them. Looking at the video again, I like it, it is different, certainly not what I expected, but then that is what I love about U2. They keep it interesting for us (they keep us guessing)...and waiting for the upcoming tour dates!!!! Ahhhhhhh..... this waiting really bites!

------------------

***Maria***

ARGH!!!! I don't have cable! I tried scoping out a coupla sites to download it, but it didn't work very well, and crashed my stupid PC! (it's a big download, like 20 mg)

Has anyone seen the Brazilian version of Walk On yet, too??? I want to see it for the cool car and Bono's fuschia shirt!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Disco

You know, I was watching the video again this am and I cannot believe how "cut" larry's arms are!! My God the man is muscular!!! Enough to make Sparky's Girl rewind her tape and see it again!!!
eek.gif

------------------

***Maria***

I swear TRL must be rigged
frown.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

Well I've not seen it yet .......
frown.gif

I've been out of the house almost constantly the last four days but I'm going through PLEBA withdraws and I'm DYING to see the Stuck video!!!!!
Wish me luck it's about 10:00 here....guess I'll turn on the telly and see if I can catch it........

------------------
I'm just a singer,some say a sinner.Rolling the dice,not always a winner.
You say I've been lucky,well hell I've made my own.
Not part of the crowd,but not feeling alone.

----Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad-----

I saw the video this morning on MTV2!!! I love Larry jumping up and down cheering, and Adam just sitting there reading the newspaper with his sandals.

I got so excited when it came on...it really made my morning!! I had a bad night...nothing but a little U2 lovin to cheer me up.
smile.gif

sounds like a really cool video, I'm glad for all you americans.. unfortunately I live in sweden so they don't show it here
frown.gif

there's one thing I'm curious about, and that's who this John Madden guy is.. I've never heard of him
confused.gif

Maria-you are SO RIGHT!! He is SO CUT -I was just SO FORTUNATE to see it for myself up close-that his veins are a' poppin on those arms-but not in that hideous Stallone or Arnold way!

Originally posted by U2FReAk:
sounds like a really cool video, I'm glad for all you americans.. unfortunately I live in sweden so they don't show it here
frown.gif

there's one thing I'm curious about, and that's who this John Madden guy is.. I've never heard of him
confused.gif

John Madden is an annoying American football commentator. He calls most of the National Football League's games, BTW...by annoying I mean he that he can be loud and obnoxious when he calls the games. In the end though, he is a well known sports announcer, so he was the obvious choice.

------------------

***Maria***

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Maria-you are SO RIGHT!! He is SO CUT -I was just SO FORTUNATE to see it for myself up close-that his veins are a' poppin on those arms-but not in that hideous Stallone or Arnold way!

I am glad you saw it for yourself
eek.gif
, Larry is looking real fine these days! Enough to impress Sparky's girl and make her rewind her tape again and again!
Of course, I also wanna see Adam's lovely feet in those cute sandals!

Anyone else around here with a thing for shoes?!?! I must own more than 100 pairs of shoes! I can't help it, I just love shoes!!!

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

Mmm Larry....

*drifts over to the Larryside momentarily*
*snaps out of it*
*runs back to BonoPant thread*

------------------
~*Mona*~

I WANT MY MTV!!!

I still have yet to see Stuck on Much Music.
frown.gif

But to the important question: What's Adam wearing?!
eek.gif
LOL

JT

Back
Top Bottom